The football (soccer) thread *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: The football (soccer) thread *spoiler*

Post by Trigger Happy »

FRUKIScze wrote:one, what ČMFS or FAČR can do :bg: But who should replace him? :thinking:
Vrba? Or if not then maybe Jarolím? Komňacký (as head one, not as harmless staff)? :scratch: However no one of those is enough Pilsen-Spartan like the Bílek. :roll:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Pavel Vrba is good choice :bg: We will see :D
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Vrba will not leave Plzeň, that'd be stupid :D. Maybe we should just give up on having national football team and don't embarass our country anymore.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Mad Dan wrote:Vrba will not leave Plzeň, that'd be stupid :D. Maybe we should just give up on having national football team and don't embarass our country anymore.
That is solution too, maybe it´s best choice :D
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'd agree too. It's so bad already, that it's obvious even to female part of population. To quote one of them before match in Italy: ''I don't understand, why you, guys, want to watch on the match. There are just two in the team, who can play the game at least a bit and one of them catches no ball, if not paid like he's used to from England and second one plays for national team only to get crippled to be then paid for months for doing nothing.'' Obviously Čech really saved nothing and Rosický was substituted during 1st half due injury. :shrug:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Jesse Lingard - remember that name. Four goals on your debut is pretty damn impressive.

Merged double reply from Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 pm:

Jesse Lingard - remember that name. Four goals on your debut is pretty damn impressive.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Yes, you are right Ivo. If you look f.e. 5 years back, we had more players in TOP teams (T. Rosicky-Arsenal, P. Cech-Chelsea, M.Jankulovski-AC Milan, P.Nedved + Z.Grygera-Juventus) and now? WE HAVE NOTHING. I am proud for my country. But i'm not proud to our politics and our football. It looks like in film "Okresní přebor" :D
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

This post marks the history where Indonesian soccer team won the U-19 championship against Vietnam after all the 120mins of battling without goals, but have so many opportunities that unfortunately were failed. Then, after nine penalty kicks, Indonesia finally delivers!

Glad that my national soccer team achieved something after all the hectic controversial stuffs they made... :)
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
cocney

Post by cocney »

It makes me cry. WHY? Brazil, Croatia, Cameroon and Mexico...Disaster for my country, maybe not but... Monsieur Platini again managed to put his France to the weakest group. No bargains for him, only sky is limit in corruption in this FIFA and UEFA. I am disgusted. This will be a very interesting Championship. Can't wait :D !
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

At least England fans wont have to suffer the 4 yearly anxiety of the Knock out stage and the Penalty Shootout. Out in the group stage, lets get it over and done with, no chance against Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica

Merged double reply from Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:38 pm:

At least England fans wont have to suffer the 4 yearly anxiety of the Knock out stage and the Penalty Shootout. Out in the group stage, lets get it over and done with, no chance against Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Well, Australia is with Spain, Netherlands and Chile so we're basically out. :/
View my archived circuits/cars here
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Guys, enjoy the opportunity to see your teams in matches with this class. :bg: Out are e.g. Czechs (well deserved), not your teams. :-D
At least I can more easily choose a team to keep fingers crossed for in each group. :scratch: A. CRO, B. AUS, C. CIV, D. URY, E. CHE, F. IRN, G. USA, H. BEL. :hide:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Trigger Happy wrote:(well deserved)
You read my mind Ivo :D Same opinion here :weep: sadly. Hope Vrba will lead us back to the top :bsmile: :?
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Trigger Happy wrote:Guys, enjoy the opportunity to see your teams in matches with this class. :bg: Out are e.g. Czechs (well deserved), not your teams. :-D
I enjoy every team in the world cup. Even if it means 3-4am mornings and lots of afternoon sleeps. :ugeek:

I got the chance to see Australia vs Iraq which was the game that got us into this world cup. Iraq played a very boring match, trying to delay the game as much as they could but a beautiful cross/header got us the goal we needed to go in. I like watching Australia play and since we moved into the Asian region, getting into the world cup is a lot easier with Japan being probably our biggest opponent rather than New Zealand however we were pretty lucky this qualifying season, we have had a lot of issues with our team being too old and poor coaching/decisions.

My next home country, Switzerland, I do not enjoy watching so much. They play pretty boring football but they get results. I'll stick with supporting Germany to win the cup. :yummy:
View my archived circuits/cars here
cocney

Post by cocney »

If Germany will play like in South Africa, they will be in final with Brasil. The only good thing about Croatia Getting A2 spot is that we will open the championship :D !
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Crowella wrote:I'll stick with supporting Germany to win the cup. :yummy:
cocney wrote:If Germany will play like in South Africa, they will be in final with Brasil.
Same here :mrgreen: Fingers crossed for Croatia and the rest of the underdogs also :bg:
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

Initial reaction to Group G as an American:
Although now that I've had most of a day to think about it and calm down a bit, I'm a bit more optimistic about our chances.

Ghana is probably the game that will determine whether we have any chance of going through to the next round. We NEED a win, not just because we want the three points, but because Ghana has been the the death of us the last two World Cups. It'd be horribly embarassing if we played Ghana in three straight World Cups and lost every time.

Portugal is a toss-up to me. Maybe a tie, small chance of a win if we have the same luck we did against them in 2006.

As for Germany, the best we can hope for is to keep pace with them and hopefully keep them from running away with the game. I still expect a loss here.

Of course, this all assumes we actually play three complete games instead of one good half and one bad. If we start falling into our old habits, we're done.
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

In minutes start the Chile v/s Egypt friendly match, i post the results later, sorry for bump. 13 days ago for Brazil 2014. :cool2:
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Chile win, Chile fought back from two goals down as they beat Egypt 3-2 in Santiago. Mohamed Salah and Khaled Kamar had Egypt 2-0 up inside 16 minutes but Marcelo Diaz pulled one back for the home side before half-time.

Eduardo Vargas then bagged a brace after the interval to hand the home side victory. :champa:

Now wait to Wednesday for the last friendly match in Valparaiso, Chile play with Northern Ireland :woohoo:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Anyone interested or have any ideas for a world cup predicition game?

Here is what I'm thinking...

Predicting every match is a bit much, but maybe the group winners & runners up, then the scores in the knock out matches - predicing all the Round16 matches, then all the Quarters, then semis, then the final & 3rd/4th? Add some weekly bonus questions too?

3 points for getting the group winners and runners up right, 1 point for getting them the wrong way around or just one team right
3 points for a correct score in the knockouts and 1 point for the right winner.
3 points for the bonuses

Thoughts? is it worth the effort? I'll give it to Thursday/Friday to gain any interest :sentoff:
Last edited by Bouncebackability on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Hmmm, if someone else would want, im in
ALL TRACKS
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Could be a good idea, sure that the Friday. ;)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Np2003 wrote:Could be a good idea, sure that the Friday. ;)
Well it would give a week before the tournament starts then
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Bouncebackability wrote:
Np2003 wrote:Could be a good idea, sure that the Friday. ;)
Well it would give a week before the tournament starts then
OK, sure that this days
10 days for the World Cup :goal:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

I'm in, too. ;)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff