The football (soccer) thread *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
cocney

Re: The football (soccer) thread *spoiler*

Post by cocney »

ivaneurope wrote:Well Argentina has defeated Belgium on their way to the semis.

BTW Costa Rica is still holding - I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Netherlands in PSO
KRUL FTW!!!

Argentina did beat them but they played below their possibilities.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I'm sad most matches looks like: score at least one goal - make huge defense - if opponent score too, hold this result to the extra time and through the extra time or try to score before penalties.
Yeah, this theme isn't work always, because goals are in the end of 2nd half or in extra time...
But also is nice to see how losing team is trying to make a draw - they're playing fast and making mahy situation.
ALL TRACKS
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

YoNnie wrote:I'm sad most matches looks like: score at least one goal - make huge defense - if opponent score too, hold this result to the extra time and through the extra time or try to score before penalties.
Yeah, this theme isn't work always, because goals are in the end of 2nd half or in extra time...
But also is nice to see how losing team is trying to make a draw - they're playing fast and making mahy situation.
You mean "park the bus", right?

Anyway, I wasn't impressed with the matches. No one has won with more than 1 goal margin. But I think the events lean towards final Brazil-Argentina.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

While I think the final will be Brazil-Argentina, I have found something interesting.

Italy and Brazil have won their 4th titles in 24 years since their 3rd title. Germany last won in 1990 - their 3rd world title. Could this means that Germany is destined for a 4th title in Brazil?

Another thing: South American teams have won all 7 World cup held in the Western hemasphere(the Americas).

Since 1962 every single WC held in the Americas has one South American team and 1 from Europe. Two South American teams have fought for the title twice in a South American hosted WC event. Two European teams haven't reached the final on American soil. The combinations for this year's final are:
two finalists from Europe
two finalists from South America
Europe-South America final
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

An accident? I don't think so :P
However these are interesting facts. We'll se how much the same will be on this WC.
ALL TRACKS
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Brazil to win - No way! I've never seen such weak Brazil. Their worst World Cup game of all time. Germany shows finally its true power.
Could this be a wait that lasted 24 years. Italy and Brazil waited that long to claim their 4th title. Coincidence - I don't think so.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Children's tears, so tasty. :D

They should propably just end the match now.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

The match is pretty much over now :D.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Bloody hell, what just happened? I am pretty sure it is time to bring up that *homage* once again:

Pelé, Ayrton Senna, King Pedro, Dilma Rousseff, Ronaldo and Neymar of course, can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating!
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

hahaha 5:0 after first half
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

The last lost on their ground in official match was on September 30th 1975 - 3-1 loss to Peru! That was until today :P
Brazil equaled right now their worst defeat in 94 years - on September 18 1920 Brazil loses to Uruguay with 6:0. Should Germany scores again this will be the worst defeat for all time for Brazil in their football history
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Amazing fans, booing at Fred while it's the defense that's sleeping...
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Brazil now has the worst defeat of all time - beating their previous worst defeat from 94 years ago.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Bra7i1 ..........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

Some people here crushed their TV after the game. :lol:

A book store here promised 10% off for every goal Germany.
70% off... it is a shame they are uninteresting books.
cocney

Post by cocney »

Brazil team got what they deserved :roflmao: :flip: cheerleader: :trampo: :heyea: :haha: :lol: :yipee: :clap: :nod: .

pleased Croat!
marass

Post by marass »

Woohoo! I told that I will go sleep if Germany scores four more goals when state was 0:1 and I did not, because it went very interesting! We just laughed when Brazil conceded so many goals. I thought this was impossible to win with so much goals :rofl
CZECH SPOILER
Škoda že to nekomentoval J. Bosák :(
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

@ marass: I turned the sound off and was listening Marvin Gaye albums instead of it while watching. :rofl:

Very amusing match it was, I must say. :mrgreen:

BTW a detail mentioned in CZ TV during end of TdF etape, yesterday Marcel Kittel 4th etape and Germans demolished Brazil, today NED vs ARG is due to be played and this time the etape was won by Lars Boom, so ...? :D
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

So... If referee will see Robbens cheating (He looks like stand on Anti-personnel mine when some touch him), Argentina have a chance win.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

This match is booooriiiing!! ;<
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

cocney wrote: 2. Sergio Romero is by far worse than Tim Howard and Courtois. In Monaco he is warming the bench for Subašić (soon to be Croatia's 1st goalkeeper)
Well, Sergio Romero proved all his critics wrong. If his 2 saved penalties don't convince them enough, IDK what will.

And now on 13.07.2014 the premiere of Argentina-Germany Final - Part 3, The last battle at Maracana.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I wouldn't expect Argentina will be in the final. But also I wouldn't expect Argentina will be in the semi-finals, Spain won't go out from the group, Mexico will reach the draw in the match with Brasil... I scored only with the Ghana will be problem for Germany.
World Cup of suprises ;)
ALL TRACKS
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

YoNnie wrote:I wouldn't expect Argentina will be in the final. But also I wouldn't expect Argentina will be in the semi-finals
Bouncebackability wrote:Bonus1: Tournament winner: Argentina
Bonus2: Tournament 2nd: Germany
Just sayin' :cool2:

It has been a great world cup though, here's hoping for a good final! ;)
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Another interesting trivia:
When the World Cup was first held in 1930, Jules Rimet stated that whoever wins the World Cup 3 times first he will earn the original trophy. Since 1974 the trophy as we know it has been awarded to the winner. It's still unknown if the wining team from the match will be entitled to keep the original trophy (Germany and Argentina have won this trophy twice; Germany ar 3-time champions, but their first WC was under the Jules Rimet Trophy). FIFA doesn't state that this will happen. Also there are 4 spaces left on the trophy for engraving, which means that most likely a new trophy will be introduced for the 100th anniversary of the World Cup in 2030.

As I mentioned earlier for Brazil and Italy it took 24 years to win their 4th titles. Germany's last title was from 1990 - 24 years earlier.

However no European team has won the World Cup in the Americas. Spain has won in South Africa - the first WC won by European team outside Europe.

Germany and Argentina will meet at this stage for a third time. Interesting is that in 1986 Germany uses their secondary kit and loses, while in 1990 Argentina uses their secondary kit and loses. Will this mean that whoever uses their primairy kit will be victorious?

Germany had won only 1 major tournament as unified nation(I mean after 1990) - the Euro 96. All 3 World Cups were won as West Germany, but never as Unified Germany - their best WC since 1990 was in 2002(second place).
cocney

Post by cocney »

[quote="ivaneurope"Well, Sergio Romero proved all his critics wrong. If his 2 saved penalties don't convince them enough, IDK what will.[/quote]

Saved penalties don't prove anything. Penalties are lottery and keepers save them using their hunch. Romero will have to show his quality against Germany. That will be the real test of his possibilities and powers.