F1 -Season 2010 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.

Who will win the 2010 drivers' championship?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Webber
43%
Alonso
28%
Hamilton
No votes
Vettel
25%
Button
5%

Total votes: 40
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: F1 -Season 2010 *spoiler*

Post by Mad Dan »

why? F1 is not over yet, there will be tests in Abu Dhabi with Pirelli tyres and for example Czechs will have one young talented driver there :D Josef Král in HRT (I know HRT is bad but still :trampo:). I´m really curious about these tests :nod:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The thread will not be locked as we never lock them without a serious reason.

And yes, now we see a post-season test, then maybe summary come by 1nsane like on start, if he will want to. :yummy: Then later in right time he'll open the topic for the 2011 season too, I guess. :D
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Indeed, it's still just a day after the season has ended so there would be no point in closing the thread yet. Some people might still want to let out some steam here from the previous season. ;)

Indeed, the season closing review sort of thingie will come soon (hopefully this week atleast), and the 2011 thread will start up at the same time!

Now, to stick with the topic... I have to say I have never liked Hamilton much. Mostly because of the magical success he got right from the beginning. And he was a big rival for Kimi. But I think I started to like him this year. He was pretty much the only one of the top 6 who was actually constantly passing people. He was actually trying to get better places, while the others were just cruising. You could see it in the last race too. He might be reckless with the passes sometimes, (he caused many punctures this season and ended his race atleast during the Monza race while trying something impossible) but you can't deny the fact that atleast he tried..
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Toro Rosso should sign Ricciardo, he's unbelievable quick (and should follow up Webber!)
Alex

Post by Alex »

To promote more overtaking they need to bring KERS back but make it more powerful. Abu Dhabi was extremely boring for me. From lap 21 i knew Alonso would not win. They should have waited until he was at least 24 seconds clear of Rosberg or whoever was in 5th that time, not bring him in at an incredibly retarded time like lap 16. EDIT: yeah they should have brought Ricciardo in for the 2009 or 2010 season not Alguersuari or Petrov or something like that.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Eh, Renault brought Petrov in, not Toro Rosso... and Alguersuari hasn't done badly for someone so young.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I think Alex meat in commonly - that drivers like Petrov or Alguersuari are far away from being part of Top26 open-wheel drivers of the universe. ;)
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Ivo Porč wrote:I think Alex meat in commonly - that drivers like Petrov or Alguersuari are far away from being part of Top26 open-wheel drivers of the universe. ;)
But they have the $$$... :shhh: Which is more important than racing in nowadays' F1.
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

If you haven't seen it already, this is some great reading: F1 Overtaking Statistics & Analysis: 1983 - 2010 :bg:

You have to register first.
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Alex

Post by Alex »

Sorry for off topic but could someone lock the poll? People keep voting Vettel right now and its' ruining the poll.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Alex, stop moaning, it's hardly relevant now.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I don´t want to start new thread for this but did you noticed that Renault sold its part of Renault F1 to Proton?
That means in next season we gonna have Lotus Renault F1 and Team Lotus! Both in black gold livery :doh:.

It reminds me of problems about football club FC Bohemians Praha, Bohemians 1905 and Bohemians Praha Střížkov :D :D
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, that will be just a huge mess I guess. "We have the lotus on the front and lotus at the back but oh hoh hoo, it's not the same lotus!" But wasn't the other one going to be green again? And so the slower lotus was supposed to change it's colors to black and gold...

(And the new thread comes up veeery soon, I promise. Just about to finish the text.)
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Old Lotus - that with Tony Fernandes has already announced gold black colours, few weeks ago. There is public competition so anyone can make attempt on their design.

New Lotus - former Renault - announced that today.

It is going to be messy :(. Also I´ll miss current Renault´s colours, I liked them a lot....