F1 -Season 2010 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.

Who will win the 2010 drivers' championship?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Webber
43%
Alonso
28%
Hamilton
No votes
Vettel
25%
Button
5%

Total votes: 40
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: F1 -Season 2010 *spoiler*

Post by Lukeno94 »

Double file? Tracks aren't really wide enough for that.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Indycar doesn't use that kind of restart, for very good reasons... it doesn't even work very well at NASCAR road courses...
I like short, simple signatures!
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

All possible scenarios:

Fernando Alonso will be champion if :
He wins Abu Dhabi or finish 2nd
He finish 2nd/4th and Mark Webber don’t win
He finsih 5th, Webber and Vettel don’t win
He finish 6th, Webber not better than 3rd and Vettel don’t win
He finsh 7th/8th, Webber not better than 4th and Vettel don’t win
He finsih 9th, Webber not better than 5th and Vettel not better than 3rd
He finshi 10th or out of points, Webber not better than 6th and Vettel not better than 3rd

Mark Webber will be champion if :
He wins Abu Dhabi and Alonso not better than 3rd
He finish 2nd, Vettel don’t win and Alonso not better than 6th
He finish 3rd, Vettel don’t win and Alonso not better than 8th
He finish 4th, Vettel don’t win and Alonso not better than 9th
He finish 5th, Vettel not better than 3rd and Alonso not better than 10th

Sebastian Vettel will be champion if :
He wins Abu Dhabi and Alonso not better than 5th
He finish 2nd, Webber not better than 5th and Alonso not better than 9th

Lewis Hamilton will be champion if :
He wins Abu Dhabi, no points for Alonso, Webber not better than 6th, Vettel not better than 3rd

(c)fatlace.com
Alex

Post by Alex »

That's it. Vettel's won all because of Alonso's dumbass pit crew who thought that Vettel would pit early.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Well, congrats to Vettel... but the current regulations need to go. The strategy is utterly boring, and they have completely failed in their stated goal to promote more overtaking...
I like short, simple signatures!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

:doh: Crash kid...
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

bduddy wrote:[...] The strategy is utterly boring, and they have completely failed in their stated goal to promote more overtaking...
"The strategy"?
More like f1 itself IMO :shy:

They should remove wings or something like that so the car won't have as much importance as the skill of the driver.
:trampo:

Not necessarily remove wings, but at least making harder to drive.
Last edited by Darjo on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are overrated
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Herzlichen Glückwunsch Sebastian Vettel! Der neue Weltmeister! :bg: :) :drink: :champa:

Congratulations Sebastian Vettel! The new world champion! :bg: :) :drink: :champa:

And have to say that SHAME ON YOU ALONSO! Phathetic behaviour from Alonso when he showed the middle finger to Petrov. :shake3:
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

And true scenario is: Vettel wins Abu Dhabi and Alonso not better than 5th
I wanted Alonso to be a champion, but anyway.. shame on ferrari
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

@The Noose: I´m sure you would not be angry at Petrov :D
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

What? :D Petrov did what he had to do. And of course there has also been manymany times those middle finger wavings, but most of them had been when some one didn't let overtake under blue flag. But it is so stupid to go waving your finger to some one who didn't let you overtake when you both were on the same lap.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Buka

Post by Buka »

Vettel as a champion supposed to be a man but he cries like a small girl. :sick: Bored and dissappointed. :kickcan:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Arrrrh, why does this track have to be on the calendar?! And there's still atleast 10 years to suffer with the track. If you want to keep the track, atleast put it as third last or something, not as the final round. Or take some of those unneeded shikanes away or something. That was propably the most anti-climatic way you can end a climatic ending. It's funny that the worst races of the season were the first and the last.

Congrats for Vettel. I have to say I was hoping for his car to blow up during the race. I hoped and bet that he would win the championship in the beginning of the season, but everything changed during the British race. But still, it is nice to have a new champion.

I would have most likely done the same what Alonso did in the end...

And... Let's see what the 2011 season brings with us! Hopefully the new rules will be of some help. And hopefully the Kers system will prove to be as mysterious as it was in 2009.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Buka wrote:Vettel as a champion supposed to be a man but he cries like a small girl. :sick:
It's not his fault that he is emotional. I can't believe this s*** what I'm hearing from people who should be GROWN UPS. :shake3:

Tears of joy and you're mocking him because of it? :shake:

Buka

Post by Buka »

The Noose wrote:
Buka wrote:Vettel as a champion supposed to be a man but he cries like a small girl. :sick:
It's not his fault that he is emotional. I can't believe this s*** what I'm hearing from people who should be GROWN UPS. :shake3:

Yes, I do. :nod: Boys don't cry, don't you know? ;) F1 champion should look like Clint Eastwood for me. Or like Kimi.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Buka wrote:
The Noose wrote:

Yes, I do. :nod: Boys don't cry, don't you know? ;) F1 champion should look like Clint Eastwood for me. Or like Kimi.
ROFLMAO :lol: :rofl:
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Kimi is a boring person. Never liked him.

So automatically every man in human kinds history who has cried is a wussy, girl or gay (including Rubens Barrichello, Michael Schumacher, Mika Häkkinen and many other F1 drivers and many war heroes)? I've cried several times and I'm not ashamed admitting it. I still have some guts to admit it. My appreciation to you Buka has fallen.

Buka

Post by Buka »

The Noose wrote:So automatically every man in human kinds history who has cried is a wussy, girl or gay
No, I didn't mean that.
The Noose wrote:and many war heroes
Please, don't compare incomparable. I'm talking about sports.
The Noose wrote:I've cried several times and I'm not ashamed admitting it. I still have some guts to admit it.
Yeah, this happened to me too. Even because of a girl when I was 15.
The Noose wrote:My appreciation to you Buka has fallen.
Just because we have different look on same things?

What I wanted to say: F1 champion supposed to be an example of courage and shouldn't cry on camera while Vettel behaves like a boy. That's not his fault, it's todays F1. In fact I can't really imagine Fangio crying on podium. :scared:

:!: Everything I wrote is just IMHO :!:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Well in few parts I agree with you.
Buka wrote:Yes, I do. :nod: Boys don't cry, don't you know? ;)
But still. /\--- Grow the f*** up.

TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Maybe boys don't cry but real men aren't afraid of showing their feelings. :P

Great job, Vettel. :up:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Buka wrote:What I wanted to say: F1 champion supposed to be an example of courage and shouldn't cry on camera while Vettel behaves like a boy. That's not his fault, it's todays F1. In fact I can't really imagine Fangio crying on podium. :scared:
IMO there's nothing wrong in crying on podium after winning the championship like Vettel, or after losing it bitterly like Massa. But you're right, that times have changed, and winning F1 championship surely doesn't bring the same emotions up now, than it did 40-60 years ago.
It's also different if you win it from chances that before the race seemed very low, as Vettel, than from good chances as almost all championships have been won in the past decade. (the stereotypical Finn is a whole different story)
I'd also like to add that generally it's totally ok IMO to cry, because it shows that the person has emotions/feelings, be it girl or boy, woman or man. The public has made crying a sign of weakness, but I think that it is more sign of strength, because most people (including myself.) are afraid to show it to others when they are crying.

But to stay on topic, I think that the championship went to the one that deserved it. Even if he failed many races, you have to remember that he lost lots of points, when there's nothing he could do (Korea and Australia would've given him +50 points). He also won over half of the poles, and would've won all last 4 races without engine failure in Korea :bsmile:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

What? :D Petrov did what he had to do. And of course there has also been manymany times those middle finger wavings, but most of them had been when some one didn't let overtake under blue flag. But it is so stupid to go waving your finger to some one who didn't let you overtake when you both were on the same lap.
it has nothing to do with these things, Petrov (and few more others) caused that Alonso lost drivers tittle and I understand that he was angry at him :p. Same with Glock in 2008.
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

I think that Vettel really deserved the title. And about crying. Maybe it shows how much it means to him and how humble he is for F1. Still, I kinda agree with Buka. Formulas are getting younger and younger and I would like to see more Sennas and Prosts. Experienced drivers who have started from the bottom and then raised to the top (Webber?) Unlike Hamilton who has never faced 1seriously bad times in F1. It's not a big deal if you don't win couple of races in a row in your first season. For exemple Räikkönen had sensational debut year in 2001, catastrophical year in 2002, great year and first victory in 2003, bad year again in 2004...
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

No matter on crying in finish, Vettel showed by his driving during this season, that he's not yet mature driver IMHO, so I agree with Stewart - better champion would be Webber, Vettel will be ready truly ready for it one or two years later, same like Hamilton.

Alonso clearly proved this year, why Ferrari wanted him. He's like Schumi - in everything including cons. BTW I was 100% sure before the race, that he'll be champion.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Should we lock the thread now - the seasons' over.
Owner of Team GeneAlex