30 Day Song Challenge!

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Hiken17

Re: 30 Day Song Challenge!

Post by Hiken17 »

me? dancing?! :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Errh, this is actually pretty hard, since I can dance to pretty much any electronic genre out there. :drunken: But... Umm... Err, which genre to choose. :D Let's choose Eisenfunk - Pong.

Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

What about a day :A song that when you listen, you think "Luckely people out of my country don't know it"
MD

Post by MD »

My sign is vital, my hands are cold
And I'm on my knees, but I do know the answer
I'm such a human who not a dancer.

But anyways we need now a classic one :mrgreen:

@1nsane: I really don't like electronic music except IOSYS, NitGrit, Daft Punk, etc. but rest of your linked stuffs make me change my mind at least for a few minutes :scratch:
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

S. Manzur wrote:What about a day :A song that when you listen, you think "Luckely people out of my country don't know it"
the 30-day list is already made ;)
my gr creations
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

maxi17 wrote:
S. Manzur wrote:What about a day :A song that when you listen, you think "Luckely people out of my country don't know it"
the 30-day list is already made ;)
What happens after the 30 days? Does another 30 days start? Who claims the next shot?

PS. I've claimed the next shot. :D
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep

And we'll see what should be done after the 30 days. :)
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

:oops:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Reh

Post by Reh »

well, you might know "Ievan Polka" by Loituma, but they did also another awesome stuff, soft stuff though.
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hmm, there were two choises to go with this. Whether to choose a genre I use to get some sleep or whether to choose a genre that no one else propably could get sleep, but I have managed to... I'll go for the first one. Nice relaxing psychedelic stuff.. Like this:

MD

Post by MD »

What else would be better? :D
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

It:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Day 11 - A song from your favorite band
Reh

Post by Reh »

:D
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

:bowdown:
my gr creations
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I thought this one would be easy, but it really isn't. I just don't have one artist/band that I like the most. As long as the stuff is good, I don't care who creates it. I think I have to go with the one that has influenced my tracks the most. And that is Noisecontrollers.

Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Balls, I already played the Kraftwerk card. Need to find a replacement. Hmmm, this one is perfect!

1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Day 12 – A song from a band you hate
(Man, these questions sure repeat a lot. :D )

Hmyeeees, U96 is a great group! I like "We Call it Love" the most.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

I posted the remake because I find it better than the original (which was a bit of a hodge podge really, but still nice).

Hmmm, let's see. I never really had time for people like Sylver, Lasgo or the famous plagiarist of our times Sabrina Setlur. So anything by them (get knotted if you think I'm going to post that sort of thing :p ).
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Ok, you better read this before just jumping on own conclusions. :D I like his songs. I like them a lot. His music was one of the reasons I actually started to listen to electronic music. I also highly respect how high he managed to push himself, managing to even get trance "famous" by playing in the Olympics in 2004. But I'm just so much against Tiesto as a whole. He is a very distant person, and seems to walk with his head up in the clouds. While the other DJs, no matter how famous or unfamous, will talk to the crowd, have fun with the crowd and just simply have a blast, Tiesto... Nah, not quite. That is something I don't generally like in any DJ, artist, or whoever. If you are there to entertain, you shouldn't just come and play your 1 hour set and then disappear back to your VIP-area. Obviously there are many other DJs/artists who do the same, but I have heard so many cases of this coming from the people who have tried to contact Tiesto, that I have to choose him.

So, a great song by Tiesto, more specifically, the one that turned me into electronic junkie. :P:

I could have picked any of the artists I don't like from the genres I don't like but... That would have been a bit unfair I think.

Oh and @Doorslammer: I was trying to search through my lists for a good song from Sylver or Lasgo to say that there was at least one decent song from them but.... You're right.. :D At the same time I have to say that those singers do have a nice voice. They have that "beginning of the 2000's euro dance" sound.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

1nsane wrote:Oh and @Doorslammer: I was trying to search through my lists for a good song from Sylver or Lasgo to say that there was at least one decent song from them but.... You're right.. :D At the same time I have to say that those singers do have a nice voice. They have that "beginning of the 2000's euro dance" sound.
I always knew that dance music was an overdone genre, but to me there wasn't anything particularly special about the "DJ and singing woman" acts that are found EVERYWHERE.

Oh, there is one I will post now that I have thought of it. Remember the big hit by Aquagen (the old Peter Cetera song) from 2001? It was huge, a brilliant number I recall. Now imagine my surprise when I found that 8 years later (it's ALWAYS 8 years for a remake. Odd, isn't it?) the song was remade. Imagine my non-surprise when they arsed it up in the process...

I'm sorry, I have to post the original as ear bleach for that god-awful version...

1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

YESH! I'm not the only one who thinks the electro house scene is ruining every legendary song! There are so many examples on how they have managed to destroy those magical tunes of 2000-2003 era.

Going back for the DJ + female singer thing. I personally like(d) it a lot. :) It was just so great era that 2002-2005 ish time when that kind of euro dance just dominated the scene. All of the songs had the heavy and distorted sawleads and the generic woman singers. Or if they didn't have money for the singers, they had that squirrel effect. :D Obviously the singer has to have some extra kick in the voice, otherwise I don't really like it. That's a bit of an case with Lasgo and Sylver. They are a bit too generic and forgettable. Natalie Horler (Cascada singer) has such a nice sound, though. There's a reason why I have a few of their albums. :D
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

i don't need to explain this

:scared:
my gr creations
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

And, as usual, we don't need to play this.

Excellent.
MD

Post by MD »

Aw! I missed the last two days. What to do now? Maybe I should erase my lag with one. Two-in-one :trollface:

NOTE: I do not exactly hate anybody or anything. I just don't care about anti-music :mrgreen: