Anime/Manga/Figure/Otaku weirdness -thread

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Anime/Manga/Figure/Otaku weirdness -thread

Post by Doorslammer »

Popped past the local store, found Azumanga Daioh! Omnibus book for... wait for it... $36! Purchase of the year? Definitely, you know my love for the series (and of Azuma's humour style) and the book adds itself well to my DVD set. Nice one.
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

I'm starting to learn Japanese. Made progress today by learning the basic numbers. :D
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Thunderstrucker wrote:I'm starting to learn Japanese. Made progress today by learning the basic numbers. :D
がんばって!
I like short, simple signatures!
Thunderstrucker

bduddy wrote:
Thunderstrucker wrote:I'm starting to learn Japanese. Made progress today by learning the basic numbers. :D
がんばって!
ありがとうございます。
Isn't it 頑張って?

bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Thunderstrucker wrote:
bduddy wrote:
がんばって!
ありがとうございます。
Isn't it 頑張って?
I'm not really sure, but I think it's usually hiragana... and that version wins the Google hits battle, 295M to 200M...
Ryumi

Post by Ryumi »

Thunderstrucker wrote:
bduddy wrote:
がんばって!
ありがとうございます。
Isn't it 頑張って?
おおっ、漢字と敬語も使えるんですね!
(Oh, You can also use kanji and honorific expressions!)
:D
#KeepFightingMichael

https://ryumi248.web.fc2.com/
My website "GeneRoom" (Japanese site).

Now I'm making -> "F1 1950"
Thunderstrucker

Is it true that there in Japan there are few keys on the keyboard and to type there is a corrector mechanism that chooses the right Kanji, or Hiragana/Katakana? BTW, I suck at Kanjis :(

Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Doorslammer wrote:Popped past the local store, found Azumanga Daioh! Omnibus book for... wait for it... $36! Purchase of the year? Definitely, you know my love for the series (and of Azuma's humour style) and the book adds itself well to my DVD set. Nice one.
And no sooner has it been home for a few days that it's now being borrowed...

...by mum.

OH GOD, WHAT THE HECK HAVE I CREATED? :shock:

(Surely the above situation is just too weird to contemplate.)
Ryumi

Post by Ryumi »

Thunderstrucker wrote:Is it true that there in Japan there are few keys on the keyboard and to type there is a corrector mechanism that chooses the right Kanji, or Hiragana/Katakana? BTW, I suck at Kanjis :(
Yes. We choose kanji/katakana by pressing space key or "convert(変換)" key.

Doorslammer wrote:And no sooner has it been home for a few days that it's now being borrowed...

...by mum.
Hahaha, that happens! :roflmao:
#KeepFightingMichael

https://ryumi248.web.fc2.com/
My website "GeneRoom" (Japanese site).

Now I'm making -> "F1 1950"
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Thunderstrucker wrote:Is it true that there in Japan there are few keys on the keyboard and to type there is a corrector mechanism that chooses the right Kanji, or Hiragana/Katakana? BTW, I suck at Kanjis :(
I think most people in Japan use a similar keyboard to the one you're using and type Japanese the same way... apparently there used to be keyboards specifically for Japanese, but they're slower or something.

They definitely don't use this, which was an April Fool's prank by Google Japan: http://www.businessinsider.com/googles- ... drum-kit-2
Thunderstrucker

:shock: I thought those were real chinese keyboards...

1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

So Desucon was last weekend and it was once again a great event! :) Not that good level of cosplaying this year, though. Must have been because of the beginning of the summer, so no one had so much time to make the costumes.

I also found some new figures to my collection! \o/ The Francesca Lucchini and Charlotte e Yeager pairing from Strike Witches. So now my collection has 10 figures, and I'm really running out of space. :D There also was a very nice Hatsune Miku figure, which was maybe even 35cm tall but it cost 140€ so I had to leave her waiting until the next event. :/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yay, the summer season is finally here! And it's already so much better than the spring season was. Now there's atleast 7 good shows coming (And two more were put on wait mode for the Blu-rays.). Then there's ~5 shows that might or might not be good depending on how average they end up being. But having 7+2 definitely good series' is quite well compared to spring, when there was just one good show(which was based on the characters eating each others' drool..) and one or two above average ones. The rest I just forced to the end. (Propably should have dropped them after 3 episodes so I could have released the old show pressure a bit.)
Still, I doubt any of the shows will get a pure 10 from me, but we'll see how they develop.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

So last weekend was the annual Tracon which I decided to go too. The weekend got a bad start when I noticed in the train towards the location that I had forgotten the ticket home. :doh: Welp, that was 15€ down the toilet. But then again, luckily the location where Tracon is held has about 6000 people limit, so I knew the tickets wouldn't run out at location. If I had forgotten the ticket for Desucon, it would have been a completely different case.

But yeah, it was yet another great event. I met some new people again and saw the AMV-competition for the first time. The quality wasn't that great, but it was nice to see them. You just can see the difference in the fandom in these, when the AMVs made in US and some other countries are made by a group of adult men while all of the winners and second places and else in the finnish competition were underaged women. :D

There were not that special cosplay suits this time. The Dog Days ones were cool, and the Lollipop Chainsaw girl was pretty much an exact replica from the game. Oh and the girl from Penguindrum was also pretty nice. Otherwise... Pretty normal.

And then... I bought these: Makoto Nanaya from Blaz Blue and Gokou Ruri from Ore no Imouto. Gosh, this hobby is getting expensive, though. While Gokou cost just 32€, Makoto was 152€. :shock: I had a 20 minute thinking period at the booth, checking the figure through completely and wondering whether it would be worth it or not. But then I thought this was going to be the last con for this year anyways and I got past the previous conventions without spending that much so why not take her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Got a chance to see Code Geass's first six eps :D
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Rendy wrote:Got a chance to see Code Geass's first six eps :D
JIBUN WO SEKAI SAE MO KAEEEEETE SHIMAESOU NA
SHUNKAN WA ITSUMO SUGU SOBA NI!

Yep, i'm back bitches :D

And yep, Code Geass is simply A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

OFF: Am i the only one who started to watch Fairy Tail and immediately fell in love with Erza? ^^
Thunderstrucker

The MNZ wrote:OFF: Am i the only one who started to watch Fairy Tail and immediately fell in love with Erza? ^^
When I started watching Fairy Tail (near the beginning of this year), I was scared at her in the beginning, but then throughout the episodes, you will find out she is not as scary as she seems. Or maybe she is, but it's not all of her. :rofl:

Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

I finally finished Ouran High School Host Club (surprisingly good!), but I've done very little in terms of anime.

Oh, I tell a lie. Went to see "Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below". Blimey, that title didn't explain the half of it! Extremely well made, loads of interesting bits that made following it along a joy, definitely a recommendation from me.
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

So i'll post all animes i watched till here:

1 - To Aru Majutsu no Index - Nice anime, cool story, Index is kawaii (silly lolis, i'm becoming one of them e.e)... i'm planning to watch season 2 at next year, maybe Railgun also.
2 - InuYasha - Stopped at ep. 34 thanks to fail downloading servers. Another good anime, quite nostalgic here on Brazil since it was on open TV some time ago.
3 - Code Geass - I doubt i'll watch some anime so good as this. Lelouch is simply a GENIUS. "The world cannot be changed by pretty words alone." All episodes watched, but not OVA's.
4 - Another - Eternal fear of umbrellas after watching this. All episodes watched, including the OVA's. Not the best anime ever but... np in watching.
5 - Fairy Tail - Stopped at ep. 14 thanks to fail downloading servers. Very good, I WANT TO CONTINUE WATCHING BEFORE I GET DROWNED INTO SPOILERS! >.<
6 - Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's - Stopped at ep. 28... i really need to repeat? You know that an anime is really good when you is so excited watching it even after reading full spoilers of it.
7 - Baka to Test - Stopped at ep. 5, this time cuz it's broken. It's funny although opening is extremely annoying at my ears e.e
8 - Sword Art Online - In-releasing anime. Till now, it's extremely good, and KiriSuna4NEver!(edited: Kirito is not so enjoyable as before and Suguha is better than Asuna, so...)
9 - High School DxD - Yep, i'm quite hentai. Watch only if you like some ecchi. History is nice and you can have some fun watching. 2nd season incoming :D

Incoming to watch: Mirai Nikki, Puella Magi Madoka Magika, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Highschool of the Dead.
Last edited by The MNZ on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yusei Fudo

Post by Yusei Fudo »

You haven't even watched Death Note? O.O It's amazing, put it to your incoming list :D
Trigger Happy wrote:Better to see worse but truly yours than false. :bg:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Welp.. I have a bit under 400 shows completed now and I haven't watched Death Note. But then again, I propably never will. :P

I'm getting into the trouble of not finding any good comedy oldies anymore. Pretty much all of them just haven't really been funny. The last one I went through was Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, but most of the time I was just facepalming and hoping one of the main characters just disappeared. So yeah. Having a short break from comedies for now while watching Seikon no Qwaser (oh god, it's bad too...) and then I guess I'll give Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu a go...

Hehe, Baka to Test... I made a nice remix of the opening. But then it got pulled out of Youtube....
Thunderstrucker

The MNZ wrote: 5 - Fairy Tail - Stopped at ep. 14 thanks to fail downloading servers. Very good, I WANT TO CONTINUE WATCHING BEFORE I GET DROWNED INTO SPOILERS! >.<
Oh so you didn't see the part when the guild is... just kidding. :rofl:

The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Yusei Fudo wrote:You haven't even watched Death Note? O.O It's amazing, put it to your incoming list :D
I already took enough spoilers of it. Argh. Also there is quite a rivalry between Death Note and Code Geass, so...

@TS: Also i didn't saw the episode when Erza kisses me and... oh wait, i'm dreaming. :rofl:
@Topic: I forgot to put in Ao no Exorcist that i'm currently watching, 20/25 episodes watched already. Bonus: yesterday there was a blackout here so i started HOTD, atm 3/12.
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Bumping cuz i just cannot longer live without talking about animes. I started to watch Mirai Nikki... WOW, IT'S GREAT! Yuno is so crazy and kawaii *___*
Thunderstrucker

@MNZ:
There will be a part that you will find very disgusting... and that doesn't involve blood or Yuno.