Anime/Manga/Figure/Otaku weirdness -thread

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Hiken17

Re: Anime/Manga/Figure/Otaku weirdness -thread

Post by Hiken17 »

@doorslammer: soorry, only a mistake :sorry:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Sutinen wrote:Bleh, I dont like anime. Ive only seen pokemon when I was a kid. Digimon sucked, so didnt watch that :mrgreen:
Digimon really sucked. Pokémon was good to watch when you were a child. When you grow up and see there are still "aficionados" by Anime/Manga stuff, it looks weird.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Ryumi

Post by Ryumi »

Are you watching these TV-programs in Japanese or dubbed version?
#KeepFightingMichael

https://ryumi248.web.fc2.com/
My website "GeneRoom" (Japanese site).

Now I'm making -> "F1 1950"
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Ryumi wrote:Are you watching these TV-programs in Japanese or dubbed version?
I always watch the Japanese versions. :)
Ryumi

Post by Ryumi »

With subtitles?
#KeepFightingMichael

https://ryumi248.web.fc2.com/
My website "GeneRoom" (Japanese site).

Now I'm making -> "F1 1950"
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Ryumi wrote:With subtitles?
Yes, I don't know Japanese.
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Thunderstrucker wrote:
Sutinen wrote:Bleh, I dont like anime. Ive only seen pokemon when I was a kid. Digimon sucked, so didnt watch that :mrgreen:
Digimon really sucked. Pokémon was good to watch when you were a child. When you grow up and see there are still "aficionados" by Anime/Manga stuff, it looks weird.
Aficionados means vitied.
Pokemon and Digimon are fun to see... at 6 years. Atfer that is the Yu-Gi-Oh age, which, like you could see on my avatar don't finished ATM.
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

S. Manzur wrote:
Thunderstrucker wrote:
Aficionados means vitied.
Pokemon and Digimon are fun to see... at 6 years. Atfer that is the Yu-Gi-Oh age, which, like you could see on my avatar don't finished ATM.
"Vitied" means addicted. :lol:

I never liked Yu-Gi-Oh!. Not even to play their cards. When I was 7, Beyblades were on the top. Nobody knew what the phrase "Let it rip!" means, but who cares. 3 years later, I kept watching Dragon Ball Z until it started to become boring, then I stopped watching animes until Naruto came. I watched 3 seasons, then it turned boring too. I watched the 10th and 11th seasons of Pokémon, then stopped watching Animes.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

The only favorite guilty pleasure I have: Inazuma Eleven. You know, the anime-from-the-NDS-game by Level-5? I wish I have an NDS...
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

i watched inazuma eleven in the tv, but i don't like it very much, it's only an exageration of oliver and benji
my gr creations
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Ryumi wrote:Are you watching these TV-programs in Japanese or dubbed version?
I watch every series in Japanese and with subtitles. I can sort of understand what they are talking about during most of the parts if I'm not looking at the screen/show, but I need the subtitles to understand everything.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

i watch them with subtitlles too, i have no idea of japanese
my gr creations
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Have now discovered the pleasures of a pint of Kirin. Or four... :D
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

1nsane wrote:Finally... Here we go: http://koti.mbnet.fi/gameboy/Piilo/jMontage.jpg
wish i have that :sorry:
my gr creations
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Vocaloid fan, much? :P

Found the artist who draws Sgt. Frog on Twitter. KERO! :D
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Doorslammer wrote:Vocaloid fan, much? :P
Not at all... :D

@Maxi, it's just the matter of starting from smaller ones and then moving for the bigger ones. Almost like drugs, but not as bad! Although at the same time I have to say I love that plastic smell these figures have when the packets are opened. :shhh:

A minor update on the series' I'm following... The amount is currently 14 (+1), and not all of the good series' have started yet. :D I know what I will do for over 7 hours a week.
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

i have just started to watch anime, now that the bikes compo finished i have a lot of free time, so i spent it in wattching series :meditate: and playing GR a bit :D
my gr creations
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Ahh, so now after 12 hours of sleep it's a good time to write here. :D

So there was Desucon in Lahti this weekend. It was such a great even! I mostly hanged around with a group of 6 fellow cosplayers. I actually managed to miss every main event of the Con because of having to go all around the building sometimes to take pictures, sometimes to talk to people. It's a bit shame it rained almost the whole saturday so we were pretty much limited to being indoors. The second day had a nicer weather so we managed to take more pictures outdoors (I took the pictures for a friend so I don't have any of them)

Here are the pictures I managed to take during the two days: Le Picasa

The shops had some nice stuff this year. I was looking for a new keychain, but I didn't find a good one. Instead I got two new figures! :D A even bigger Miku and Kanade/Tenshi. And I bought the mandatory Pockys, too..

I can't wait for the other Cons. Tracon is a must go, but I'll see whether I have enough of power to go to Animecon/Finncon, and some of the smaller ones. We will see...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

1nsane wrote:...Fox (+OVAs)
Karin
Kiddy...
I totally dislike anime, but i lol'd at this.
My moms name is Karin... and im serious...
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Bit of bumpage, but I reckon having OTAKU as a numberplate is rather relevent to this thread. Hopefully, if my internet finally works tomorrow, photos forthcoming. :D

EDIT: They have forthcome! Somewhat.

1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hahah, that's a nice one! :up:

(I should upload a few pictures of my new figures, but the room is in such a bad shape that.... Maybe some other time. :P )
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Noticed I have never done a list for the stuff I've watched. So in no particular order:

* Lucky Star (OK, so I listed my fave first, so what?)
* Haruhi Suzumiya (poor Kyon, how does he put up with her?)
* Azumanga Daioh! (lucky enough to buy the entire series in one box set. Top rated.)
* Sgt. Frog (Another excuse to say KERO!)
* Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure (It was good on the whole, but points hard to follow. World's most useless villian?)
* Bleach (At points very irritating. Orihime incapable of saying anything more than "Ichigo!" most of the time.)
* Cowboy Bebop (Movie only, wasn't really a fan of the series.)
* Black Lagoon (Only just started it, manga hard to enjoy personally.)
* Cromartie High School (What I've seen so far is very funny.)
* Ladies vs. Butlers (Yeah. Is that really OK to own up to? Perverted folk will enjoy it.)
* Elfen Lied (Not as perverted really. Think it's the rather gruesome deaths that change the perception.)
* Ranma 1/2 (Old school and hilarious. Must try and finish that at some point.)
* My Neighbour Totoro (Great movie and something the young kids will really enjoy too.)
* Kiki's Delivery Service (Haven't watched all of it yet, but it's also a great movie too.)
* Speed Racer (That counts, I reckon.)
* Astro Boy (Again, different but counted.)

A few in the above list I haven't watched fully yet, but it's still a broad spectrum of different things.

Other things that I would recommend to any other land of the rising sun fan that aren't classed as anime or manga would be:

* DownTown (I mentioned them earlier in the thread, but I've now managed to watch the different type of things that DownTown, Cocorico and Hosei Yamasaki get up to on their telly show. Eating challenges, taste testing, punishment games, they do it all. Modern day variety television at it's best. Plus some of the expressions used are just far too silly.)
* A bloke called Jinnai Tomonori (I think) who performed a lot of one man sketches involving him playing some sort of computer game, using modern technology or other modern day task and getting into all sorts of weird strife.
* Brain Wall (Everyone should know this one. It's the game show involving people getting through a moving wall's oddly shaped hole. Unfortunately, the rest of the world has a domestic version, but the Japanese one was always the best.)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Doorslammer wrote: * Sgt. Frog (Another excuse to say KERO!)
But I like to say geso more, degeso! (Shinryaku Ika Musume, an excellent comedy, well worth the time... And a second season is starting this autumn!)

Yeah, the Downtown group is just amazing. I watched their creations during springtime. The 24 hour batsu games are getting quite repetitive, but the cooking shows and the cosplay bus things are just amazing. :D That group has given some of the biggest laughs for me this year.

And overall on the anime field, there has been a big bunch of great new series', but I will wait until the autumn season starts so many of the greats will end and I can really say whether they are or are not worth to watch.