Anime/Manga/Figure/Otaku weirdness -thread

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Anime/Manga/Figure/Otaku weirdness -thread

Post by Doorslammer »

Shocking news:

I don't hate K-On!

That's all. Going to watch some more now.
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Thunderstrucker wrote:@MNZ:
There will be a part that you will find very disgusting... and that doesn't involve blood or Yuno.
FEAR.

@Doorslammer: People told me about it, looks nice.
@Topic: Katekyo Hitman Reborn' first season ready for watching. Just end Mirai Nikki, NGE and Madoka Magika. :P

Also i made one of my friends addicted in Ao no Exorcist just because of Kuro (Rin's pet) lol.
Elit3noob

Post by Elit3noob »

cool, I just found out about this topic, and I am a bit of an otaku myself. I prefer animes than manga as a personal preference. I also play Osu! which is a music beat game (PC/Mac/iOS) that has thousands of anime OST's, and what has probably led me to be addicted to some of these animes listed below.

Animes:
Lucky Star
Haruhi Suzumiya
Today in Class 5-2
KissXsis
Girls Bravo
Vampire Knight
Fairy Tail

Manga:
-none so far-
haha tricked you ;P
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Elit3noob wrote:cool, I just found out about this topic, and I am a bit of an otaku myself. I prefer animes than manga as a personal preference. I also play Osu! which is a music beat game (PC/Mac/iOS) that has thousands of anime OST's, and what has probably led me to be addicted to some of these animes listed below.

Animes:
Lucky Star
Haruhi Suzumiya
You are my friend for life. :mrgreen:

I think a new list for me should be in order! But, I'll do it later for... umm, procrastination reasons.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

OK, so I don't know where K-pop realted things go, so this seemed like a bit of a good place to put it in.

Now, I won't bore you all on Psy as we all know what he's been up to around the world, but the local paper put together an online article with some of WA's video parodies. I didn't think much more of it until I had a closer look...

Video 2 on the fan list: our random encounter with a Stormtrooper who, as the internet would expect, was coerced into giving us the Gangnam dance.

It brightened my day, anyway... :D

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa ... nam-style/
Elit3noob

Post by Elit3noob »

sorry for darkening your days but...

have you recently heard that the cybercrime laws in the Philippines are being much more enforced? there was a story that somebody online shared a photo and he was sent to 12 years of jail
haha tricked you ;P
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

^ Heard that from FB. So sad, it's just a photo, why being sent to jail? Don't say it has a connection to harassing the government...

Btw, anyone heard Sword Art Online? I haven't watched it, but the Nervegear and stuff makes me want to.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, I've been watching it. It's pretty good. Not the best of the season, but definitely not the worst one either. It is a ~26 episode show though, so the show got a few filler episodes in there. I'm just a bit disappointed at the show because it's supposed to be about them being stuck in a game, but the game part doesn't really come out too much in the show. So it isn't that much different from any other fantasy series, except for the way how they get their items etc. But stuff like bugs and admins and other more games related stuff has yet to be seen. Welp, there's still about 13 episodes to go so maybe they'll come. :)

I'm a bit afraid about this autumn season. The descriptions of pretty much all of the shows have been less than interesting. I only know that Sword Art Online, Bakuman and Little Busters should be worth to watch. The rest... Well, we'll see. It just seems like every second quarter is good and every other quarter is bad. Since summer was very good (propably the best season I've seen since starting to watch the shows "live"), autumn might be very bad.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Sword Art Online is very good, actually. Yep, it has some fillers, but there are also some cool stories on it. As you said, not he best, but not bad either.
Just something that some of you may want to know: the Light Novel has a hentai side-story.
I finished Puella Magi Madoka Magika yesterday. I got a bit sad on all other episodes of the series, but thanks god the last episode turned all it around. That's now my 3rd favorite anime, just behind Code Geass and Mirai Nikki. And Tomoe Mami is so... *______*

@1nsane: Some people are telling me about an anime called "K" that started yesterday. What about it?
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

The MNZ wrote:Sword Art Online is very good, actually. Yep, it has some fillers, but there are also some cool stories on it. As you said, not he best, but not bad either.

I finished Puella Magi Madoka Magika yesterday. I got a bit sad on all other episodes of the series, but thanks god the last episode turned all it around. That's now my 3rd favorite anime, just behind Code Geass and Mirai Nikki. And Tomoe Mami is so... *______*

@1nsane: Some people are telling me about an anime called "K" that started yesterday. What about it?
Yeah, SAO has some cool story twists in there, which makes it cool and enjoyable. Especially the previous "arc" about that little girl was cool, even as it was the filler one. Gave some nice depth in the series. The spoilered part was... Quessable. :D

I actually... Don't like Madoka too much. I watched it back then when it came and it was a quite dull to watch. It definitely wasn't the one I was waiting for on that season. It was a cool show because of how it broke pretty much all of the rules of these Puella series', showing the uncute and non-glittery side. I just didn't really like the drawing style or the backgrounds during the enemy fights... And the dullness ah gosh it was boring to watch. :D But the ending was nice, indeed.

I have to watch K tonight to say my opinion. Seems like it's a fighting anime, which I'm not the biggest fan of. So I will very likely drop the series after the episode. Just warning about it already. :P

After the first week of new shows, I've now seen 4 of them and have 3 more to go for tonight. (And then there's the ones starting on weekend..) Well, that was a good sentence, so let's start it again. Out of these four, I'd say... Shinsekai Yori, bad (will very likely drop it after 3 episodes). Kami-sama Hajimemashita good fun for now, will continue watching (And a kitsune, + 5 points there). Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, bursted on laugh multiple times, so well worth the time. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai, KyoAni, that's all there is to say. That nameless company that made the unknown series' like K-On, Clannad or Suzumiya Haruhi. So the quality is there, and it's proving to have the same cuteness as K-On, but with an actual story. (Maybe, hopefully) It should be great and well worth the time.
More to come this weekend, I guess.

EDIT: Welp, I watched K just now. After ~8 minutes I started reading some forums and at 13 minutes I completely forgot the show was even running. It has a cool color filtering, and one or two characters which might fit nicely for me to cosplay. But... That's just not enough to keep me interested. It's so basic "school aged kids fighting" anime, that I just can't stay interested.
Joey Zyla

Post by Joey Zyla »

Thunderstrucker wrote:Watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann :popcorn:
:bg:
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

"There is a scene that you'll find very disgusting", they said.
"And that does not involve blood or Yuno", they said.

OH SHI*! Why? Akise was my favorite character of Mirai Nikki, I wish he had ended with Hinata T^T At least there's Mao to balance it.
Elit3noob

Post by Elit3noob »

I'm back! (so I'm capped again :weep:)

Over the past month I have watched up to the current Fairy Tail episode. Plus I have started and finishing watching K-ON!! already (+OVA's, +specials, +movie)(took me only a few nights staying up to around 4am :D). Then it's on to downloading all of K-ON!! :D, but I got capped just after downloading episode 3 of season 1 :(

Right now I am thinking about starting to watch one of these animes next month: Little Busters!, the anime with the girl with a band-aid on her right eye, or Black Rock Shooter. If you have any anime suggestions feel free to give me some, thanks :)
haha tricked you ;P
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Well, i got surprised by how much i liked IS: Infinite Stratos. So i rearranged my favorite animes:

1 - Code Geass
2 - Puella Magi Madoka Magika
3 - Mirai Nikki
4 - Infinite Stratos
5 - Katekyo Hitman REBORN!

This will probably change with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Soul Eater that are the next anime that i'm going to watch. Angel Beats on list also.

BTW, someone can say me if Gosick is really good?
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Ohai, I've passed the 500 show mark sometime during the last 30 days. Yay. :D

Gosick is average. It tends to drag quite a lot so in the end I mostly just left it running in the background while doing something else at the same time. It has a pretty good story, though..

As for Elit3noob's list, I'd say start with BRS, the go for Chuunibyou (If you mean that show as the one with the girl with a band-aid [there are so many shows with those kinds of girls]), then Little Busters. Little Busters seems to be more of a nostalgic trip for the people who have played through the visual novel, instead of trying to pull in more people in it, so at least in the beginning everything seems a bit separate and slow, and it doesn't explain some things.
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

I've been trying the MS IME thing I discovered in my computer:

私のニックネームは「サンダーストラーカ」です。

(My nickname is Thunderstrucker.)
Last edited by Thunderstrucker on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Thunderstrucker wrote:I've been trying the MS IME thing I discovered in my computer:

私のニックネームは「サンダーストラーカ」です。
よくできました! IMEの物、全部分かりますか?
(Good job! Do you understand everything about the IME?)
I like short, simple signatures!
Thunderstrucker

Well, what I’ve understood are the same things I’ve understood with Google Translate... Oh, I've found the right font. :lol: IME is kinda amazing.

The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Just noticed that one of the biggest trackmakers on GR history also likes CG: LOTR.

Still stuck on EVA episode 20 and took a pair of spoilers. Good job, MNZ! O/
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Bad news:
Rendy loves Tokusatsu

Good news:
Rendy loves Kamen Rider Decade

Guess this is my first time loving Henshin heroes...

Oh, and I would want to show you my Gundam model kits. When I was in Bali with my family, I discovered that:
1. My inn is close to a shopping mall
2. That shopping mall has racing arcade games of my favorites
3. THAT SHOPPING MALL SELLS AN SD RX-78-2 GUNDAM!!! MOE AGAREEE!!!

pics coming soon...

Thunderstrucker

Rendy wrote:Bad news:
Rendy loves Tokusatsu
Why is loving Tokusatsu bad news? :P

Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Thunderstrucker wrote:
Rendy wrote:Bad news:
Rendy loves Tokusatsu
Why is loving Tokusatsu bad news? :P
Well, should be "Good News", but I put in some humor in it...

And here are my gunplas...
gundamner-copy.jpg
The right one is my very first gunpla; High-Grade GN-000 0 Gundam. I picked it because not only it's cheap, but also good for a first-timer like me. The left one is my second one; No-Grade Astray Blue Frame I got from winning a ring toss in a Japanese event...

Yet, this is now MY REAL GUNPLA!
09112012317.jpg
This one's a Super Deformed RX-78-2 Gundam. The reason why I want this in the first place is because this is my favorite Gundam, out of all "God-like" designs. Plus, I love Amuro Ray (you're my hero~!)! Sadly some parts are uncolored (especially the hand, which should be black) yet I'm trying to color them as fit. And I accidentally throw its beam saber part to the recycle bin ( :weep: ), but I tribute my 0 Gundam's beam saber and a white cotton bud stick to make it like a beam saber (GENIUS :o ).
09112012315.jpg
This Gundam is bought when I and my family spent four days in Bali (!) a day after my birthday. Then I realized that the place I and my family are staying is near the shopping mall, and it sells gunplas. There are lots of models there, but this one caught my attention. Because I thought that this won't be sold in Jakarta, I bought it.
10112012323.jpg
Yup, it's cool, isn't it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Haha, the chibi Gundam is such a badass. :D

BTW, for the peeps requesting recommendations, I extracted my vote cloud from AniDB. Warning, it will look ugly! 1nsane's anime recommendations!

The bigger the text is, the higher the vote I gave. It has all of the (not R-rated) animes, movies, OVAs etc I've watched through completely and given a permanent vote. It's just missing some of the shows I just have finished. (Joshiraku and Strike Witches the movie from the top of my head, both being excellent). Also worth noting is that I like heavily story driven shows the most, so most of those largely written titles are dramas. Or then they are some silly comedy. If you like fighting more, it's propably better to check the titles which are in the mid to lower mid size.

I'll propably revamp my votes to match the scaling from Pelaaja lehti once this season is getting closer to the end, so it should give an even better image of what is worth to watch and what is not.
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Hahaha, where can i do such?

And y no mechas? You don't like then? I'm curious, you said you don't like fighting animes, is that? (Once i watched CG i fell in love with mechas and watched 3 in a row, IS, Evangelion and TTGL what is the current anime i'm watching)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Is it only me who loves tokusatsu theme songs because of their meaningful lyrics? Ever since I watched 15 episodes of Kamen Rider Decade I realized I'm hungry of tokusatsu songs...

So here are my recommendations:
doa - Eiyuu from Ultraman Nexus (it means "Hero")
Gackt - Journey to the Decade from Kamen Rider Decade (#1: Gackt!!! #2: Perfectly fits my mood when I think of "Crossovers")
Gackt - Stay the Ride Alive from Kamen Rider Decade (Perfect for an ending song...)
Ultraman Mebius theme from Ultraman Mebius (The song really fits with its heroic lyrics!)
ISSA - Justfaiz's from Kamen Rider Faiz (Like it!)

There are still more toku songs in my playlist, but can't list 'em all. I list my most-listened ones...