The Official "I was really there!" Thread (we love pics)

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
MD

The Official "I was really there!" Thread (we love pics)

Post by MD »

"Yeah, I was really there! I have pics."
Share with us if you have some too. No matter if it was a trip, a concert or a special moment what can be seen on TV for days around the world. A motorsport weekend? Sure. It is the most important. Let's discuss these stories and pictures!
"Share it, whatever you have!"
"We love pics!"
- - - - - - -
Well, obviously...
Herbal and me were last weekend at the Hungaroring on the first Hungarian WTCC round. It was AWESOME!
Don't believe? Here's the evidance:
Not photoshop. Hehe! XD
IMG_2379.jpg
Let's check all the awesome shots from that weekend here.
(Yeah, I know I already bumped some thread with these album. But it was kinda a great lifetime experience ^^, )

Now I'm waiting for your stories and pics :goodvibes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Alex

Re: The Official "I was really there!" Thread (we love pics)

Post by Alex »

Wow, cool cars Madd! :love:
Anyway, here are what i think are the best pictures from 2 events i have attended: Rally of Lebanon 2008 and Hull Motor Show 2010 (plan to go there this year aswell.) If you like these pics, i might put up a .zip with all the pictures and videos, in their original size with no watermark and all the numberplates visible. (i know these weren't televised but please don't move it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Alex on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I have THIS photo from Le Mans 2010 ;)
No race there, though :D
MD

Post by MD »

@Alex: Haha, your ones are great too! :D And if you can share here, the .zip (via some download link ofc) is okay, IMO.

@XYY: I think a trip in Le Mans is very exciting all the time - no matter if there is any race or not :D
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Of course, if I didn't feel it was important enogh, I wouldn't have posted this picture here ;)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

I once was in the radio show of Giel Beelen (one of the most famous radio DJ's in the netherlands) because i made a game of him.
I also once went to Magny-Cours.
It seems to be open for visitors when there is no race.
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
MD

Post by MD »

Hehe! Gorgeous story (I mean in connection with Giel Beelen). I guess it was a nice experience.
Thanks for the pics :bg:
Hangman

Post by Hangman »

Madd Dogg wrote:... (2011. július 4-5.) ... But it was kinda a great lifetime experience ^^
Time travel must have been a lifetime experience for sure.
Rampage.
MD

Post by MD »

Hangman wrote:
Madd Dogg wrote:... (2011. július 4-5.) ... But it was kinda a great lifetime experience ^^
Oh, lol, thanks for warning. Typo corrected :D
Alex

Post by Alex »

Madd Dogg wrote:
Hangman wrote:
Oh, lol, thanks for warning. Typo corrected :D
I don't get it. :| Can someone explain to me what the "time travel" statement was about?
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
Paw

Post by Paw »

julius - july. And the race was in june.
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Alex wrote:Wow, cool cars Madd! :love:
Anyway, here are what i think are the best pictures from 2 events i have attended: Rally of Lebanon 2008 and Hull Motor Show 2010 (plan to go there this year aswell.) If you like these pics, i might put up a .zip with all the pictures and videos, in their original size with no watermark and all the numberplates visible. (i know these weren't televised but please don't move it)
Who was the responsible for those xunings? :rage:
Last edited by Thunderstrucker on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Alex wrote:
Hangman wrote:
I don't get it. :| Can someone explain to me what the "time travel" statement was about?
Neolatin-origin word. Roman consul Julio Cesar gived his name to the July Month(like Octavio Augusto made in August) and it was touched to various languages. I.e., in french is "juliet", in portuguese "julho", etc. But all mantaining the "jul-". Now i'll return to my pokeball.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Thunderstrucker wrote:
Alex wrote:Wow, cool cars Madd! :love:
Who was the responsible for there xunings? :rage:
Xunings? WTF are you talking about? :really: 3 of the cars you see are rally cars so they are race tuned, 2 of them are specially tuned muscle cars with nothing else but new paint and rims, the 300ZX has nothing new but the gold rims and the 2 skylines aren't riced much because their engines were tuned (they lifted the hood open and i spotted a bigass turbo in both of them.) The Silvia isn't that badly tuned because it hasn't been tuned too much. Oh, and the TVR is completely stock. A Xuning is where you get a crap car under 200 or so bhp, put on a ridiculously large bodykit made of tin foil or fiberglass or cardboard, add cheap rims and put in a stupid sound system that weighs 200000kg and deafens everyone for 5 blocks.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
Reh

Post by Reh »

This is from the presentation of the new McLaren F1 car this year in Berlin. I'm one of those behind the fence ;)
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
MD

Post by MD »

Thanks, this is an absolutely amazing image! I only saw it in the telly and I wished I were there - altough the McLaren trolled the world so hard with the false-parts :D
Reh

Post by Reh »

It was quite difficult to find out where this would take place at all, but we found it :)
Here are a few more pics.
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Maybe this post is a little early, but... I'm going to Spa, and I'm going to see the GP! :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: I'll make sure to post lots of pictures.... :mrgreen:
I like short, simple signatures!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

I was in Spa and on the Nürbugring, but do you remember the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup? I was with my class in Leverkusen to watch the match Colombia vs. Sweden live! :goal: And it was awesome, absolutely AWESOME! Ok, here are some pics:
IMG_4587.jpg
IMG_4599.jpg
IMG_4609.jpg
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

How about something even better than pics... video!

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu83 ... MG0978.mp4

And here's my whole album from Spa... note that it features all of the hallmarks of the bad photographer: stuff out of focus, cars just out of frame, blurry everything... please enjoy anyway!

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu83 ... GP%202011/
I like short, simple signatures!
Reh

Post by Reh »

On 3rd October there was a small Oldtimer Event at the Lausitzring, the ADMV Classic Cup. If someone likes to have a better resolution of a picture, just tell me :)
Album
Joey Zyla

Post by Joey Zyla »

Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

I was in Ruka/Kuusamo watching the ski jumping World Cup this weekend. I got some pics from there to show to you :)

The first three are from Friday. In the first and second pic I just took photos from the jumping hill and in the third picture I tried to take a photo of Nicholas Fairall landing, but as you can see, it didn't become a very succesful photo. If you look carefully, you can see his yellow(?) jumping suit in motion. Also you can see his shadow on the snow.
Ruka-29-11-1.jpg
Ruka-29-11-2.jpg
Ruka-29-11-3.jpg
These two are from Saturday, taken just after the competition was cancelled. In the first pic you can see the audience, and behind them there is the start/finish area of the skiing competitions. In the second pic I tried to take a photo of the place from where we came to the spectator area, but I moved the camera too early, so in the photo you'll see a Finnish flag and my mother's boots instead :doh:
Ruka-30-11-1.jpg
Ruka-30-11-2.jpg
This was the 6th consecutive year I have been there with the first time being in 2008. Also, I once have been in Oberstdorf in the Four Hill Tour opening. That was in 2010. I could show some pictures from there also, if I just find them from somewhere :)
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil