The wtbf thread

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Genetleman
GeneRally Carmaster

The wtbf thread

Post by Genetleman »

What the bloody f... :taped:

I just discovered I have lost one of my long term car creations :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It took me many days to make it and now its all freakin' gone

And I cannot even find the :Stupid: :Stupid: :Stupid: smiley

Uaaaaaaaah :twisted:

Dang, DTM series Rest in Pieces :rip:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Need more X tracks and cars? Check out
http://genetleman.jimdo.com and / or http://jolly.yoll.net

MBX6-T driver
The MNZ

Re: The wtbf thread

Post by The MNZ »

I hate when i am making a track so Paint bugs and i lost a section of my track thanks to a strange diagonal line. :mad:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I hate it when I've just spent £50 and a hard drive cable works lose, momentarily making me think I've lost a hard drive...
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

After having tested a new wip, pushing the "Delete tracks" option instead of the intended one :D
Alex

Post by Alex »

IIRC, there was a post on this forum that told you how to fish the deleted files out of your hard drive.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Genetleman
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Genetleman »

@ all - thanks for sharing, at least us stupids are not alone ;)

@ alex - Yeah but i did not just delete but overwrote with the same filename

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Need more X tracks and cars? Check out
http://genetleman.jimdo.com and / or http://jolly.yoll.net

MBX6-T driver
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I hate when those metal panels behind the plastic drive bay covers eat my thumb and slash it quite badly... :rofl:
Paw

Post by Paw »

Genetleman wrote:@ all - thanks for sharing, at least us stupids are not alone ;)

@ alex - Yeah but i did not just delete but overwrote with the same filename

I believe it can be recovered after overwriting too. It depends if the actual file bits were overwritten. When you delete the file you delete the "address", but the data remains on the disk and is free to be written on with new one. It could happen however, that your computer wrote the data in other part of the disk, so the original file may remain intact, even when you saved with same name.
You can use some file recovery program, the sooner the better. It worked for me when I deleted about 200 GR tracks, and most of them were OK after recovery.
Even when someone formats the disk, hell, even a couple of times, some data can be recovered. But it rather require professional treatment, simple programs may not be enough.

And the ultimate solution, is to save track (or anything, I did same with cars, drawings etc.) with different name after each step and delete them after you publish the track. Also you can roll back easily if you make bad changes ;)
Alex

Post by Alex »

The feeling I get when they make a CGI or remake of classic movies and series. :mad:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

I was once uploading an image at the Funny Pictures and Other Fun Stuff thread, when I put the link and submitted, I noticed that the image I put was not the image I was wanting to put. I copied the address of the image of a guy that kicked his own face, when I saw, the image that was there was NSFW. Paw saw it and alerted me, I quickly editted the post and put the right image. For now on, I'll always click on the Preiew button when attaching an image. :shake2:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Few years ago, I accidentally deleted the sound chip driver of my mainboard and I had never found it again until this week. :o When my PC was 'mute', it makes an very annoying sound for me, something like *peep*. But at this Friday, I searched at Google for drivers for my mainboard, and I finally found the right driver for it, installed it and the computer isn't mute anymore! :goal:

BTW, I tried several other drivers (like Realtek AC97) and these pieces of **** didn't work! :mad:
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

I just worked for AGES on a drawing of a blank lego minifigure to color in (so i can remember how one of my figs was constructed)...

AND I SAVED IT AS A JPG!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

I hate buying a headset that stops working after 1 month. It happened 4 times already! :mad:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Previously when I made CD's to my car I used "Audio CD" setup which allowed me to fill the CD with 80 minutes of music.
Now I discovered that "MP3 CD" setup allows me to fill the cd with 700 mb so I get more music into it.
So, Blaupunkt in my car plays MP3-files so made an CD which contains all Deep Purple albums from "In Rock" to "The Battle Rages On".
I inserted the CD and tested it and it started to play "Speed King", I jumped to next album and "Fireball" started. So everything is fine, but somehow the player doesn't like "Slaves and Masters" skips it completely.
There is now sensible reason why it should do that since it's Mp3 as well as others and it's I have ripped it from official Deep Purple album as well as others. :mad:
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Could have something to do with long filenames or special characters.. :scratch:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

I doubt that since it skipped the whole album. Songs like Fortuneteller, King of Dreams and The cut runs Deep. It did same with other album I made. There was no folders, just 45 songs and it skipped 4 or 5 first. I have Rewritable CDs, so I have played with album names. I replaced ä with a and so on.
I've had problems with "audio cd"s as well. I made a CD without pause between songs to get space for extra song. Player skipped a song that it played well in my previous car CDs.
I guess it's the CD player because it has done weird stuff before. One time it adjusted the volume by itself...
And the story was whatever was the song what it was