Vancouver 2010 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
GeneSuomi

Re: Vancouver 2010

Post by GeneSuomi »

15 minutes played and 6-0 :eyes: :weep: :faint: How's that even possible? Clip of crying Kiprusof told everything. PERKELE!
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

GeneSuomi wrote:15 minutes played and 6-0 :eyes: :weep: :faint: How's that even possible? Clip of crying Kiprusof told everything. PERKELE!
That was the first game I watched - what a great way to start... But this was me after 5 and 6 goals -> :lol: - me and my friend almost couldn't stop laughing...
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Hey! At least we did one goal :bowdown: :D
I really hope that we can beat Slovakia...
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Theoretically yes - if Czechs did it and Finnishs beat Czechs.... :scratch:

But it's interesting, when European teams played against each other, the match was very close, but when some of them met local boys, they lost the match by clear difference in score and in performance too (two exemptions - FIN vs SWE and CAN vs SVK). Can it be by the another sizes of field? I know lot of people were saying it has no influence, because majority of players of all top nations play NHL, but the results maybe show contrary. Especially in case of Russia, which had lot of players from KHL. :shrug:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

USA: We'll kill 'ya all! Mwuhahaha! :P Hope we gonna Have it right :shrug: ...
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

GeneSuomi wrote:15 minutes played and 6-0 :eyes: :weep: :faint: How's that even possible? Clip of crying Kiprusof told everything. PERKELE!
A tragic start to the game and Kiprusoff lost his selfconfidence completely and the team their motivation to play :( You can't really blame Kiprusoff for the goals, even the 1st goal wasn't only his fault.

I really hope that Finland and specially Kiprusoff will have a good game tonight. He is already treated like a traitor here, even if, like I said, the goals weren't his fault.
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Defencemen should have taken the puck at first goal not Kipper :shrug:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Well the defencemen didn't do anything on the first goal. They let the Yank just skate pass them.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Welp... All I can say is it's a good thing I haven't watched a minute of the Olympics... So I haven't seen a minute of the humiliation for Finns.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Bronze medal!!! :goodvibes: :champa:
Resident

Post by Resident »

GeneSuomi wrote:Bronze medal!!! :goodvibes: :champa:
Indeed! Good last international game (atleast in olympics) for Koivu and Selänne. :bg:
Kimiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I woke up at 4:55 am UTC + 2 hours and watched the game :D

TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

GRF wrote:I woke up at 4:55 am UTC + 2 hours and watched the game :D
I went to sleep half an hour before the match but recorded it and watched it right after waking up - now that was worth it. :mrgreen:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Congrats for bronze! :bg:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Hey! Thanks! ;)

Jonzu95

Post by Jonzu95 »

GRF wrote:I woke up at 4:55 am UTC + 2 hours and watched the game :D
I woke up excatly same time and watched the game too... YES! WE WON BRONZE!!! :drink: :champa:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Epic win for Team Canada!!!! :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: I don't thin crosby'll be in trouble, money talking... :hattip: :roll:

Good job to USA though :bg: :goodvibes:

Gonna be fun tomorow in the NHL when our canadian guys will meet their US team mates :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I wished this result of final as a reward to all Canadians for making this so great games! Congrats! :bg:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

The Great Falcon wrote:Epic win for Team Canada!!!!
That was about time, wasn't it?
At last they won at their own winter games.
Congrats!
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Ivo Porc wrote:I wished this result of final as a reward to all Canadians for making this so great games! Congrats! :bg:
It's nice to ear that those were nice, Thanks from all people in here :bg: :roll:
The lost Ninja wrote:At last they won at their own winter games.
I'm sure you'd do the same... After all, we did invented that sport! :P (If I don't mistake... :scratch:)
The lost Ninja wrote:Image
:iagree:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

btw TLN, why Dutchs don't play hockey well? You can play football very well, so you like collective games, skating is there very popular there too and the country is enough rich to build lot of covered stadiums and give money for trainings of young. :scratch:
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

But do they don't have a good winter (we are talking about Holland/Netherlands, right?) Every school in Finland froze their "playing fields" (you know, football,Finnish baseball thing...) And in Canada,USA, Czech, Sweden and Russia (talk about winter!) is good winter. That helps a lot, because kids can go and play and get keen on to ice hockey.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Maybe the anti-flood channels freeze there during winter. Or where could local people learn skating? :scratch: And Dutchs like field hockey too btw. But not on ice? :eyes:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

It's just that the winters in Holland aren't long and hard enough, (something you NEED to be REALLY good at it! :lol: ).
I remember some days in my youth, when we were skating to school....on the streets! Where the ice-layer was a few centimeters thick.
In those days, every winter we used to skate on the lakes and rivers, making tours of several kilometers long.
After a few kilometers, you had to get a stamp on your card, and skate to the next village.
When the tour was finished, we received a medal.
I don't know if they organize those tours nowadays, haven't been there (West of Holland) for years.

But this brings me to Vancouver again, has anybody seen Sven Kramer?
He was speedskating on the 10.000 mtrs., going for gold, when his trainer told him he'd change the track, from outside to inside, meaning disqualification!
One of the worst decisions in the history of dutch skating.
He'd have won with 4 seconds difference! :weep:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

The lost Ninja wrote:Where the ice-layer was a few centimeters thick.
OMG! I wish we could have that here :bowdown: At least in my own street... But not... Impossible to really use the power of a real 4WD... Those stupids BlueNecks (City's Employees) put f**king salt and sand all the way, then they happily put it on my front yard (which results in a very ugly agglomeration of s**t there at spring. Though, this year is not so bad...) . Yet, making this let a thin layer of water on the tarmac surface which freezes and guess what? They put stupidities again! :D

But, hey, good job for your -4sec guy ;) :bg: