Vancouver 2010 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
thegreatfalcon

Vancouver 2010 *spoiler*

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Yeah!
I'm currently watching the opening ceremony maybe as you may be also doing right now... Just creating this thread for you to share thoughts and opinions on the games... So far, looks cool. Have good feelings for all Nordic countries: Denmark, Norway, Finland, Russia, UK... Just find it funny to see things such as "Cayman Island" - 1 athlete... The funnier in that is the commentator saying "He was born in *not Cayman Island* and he now train in USA" :flip: ... Moroco: One athlete... We can think that at least, if the guy's good at skying on sand, he'll be greatly better on snow :hiya: :shrug:

What's your opinions about it? :D

EDIT: I liked very much the speech of the fat guy with glasses who said "Canada is more..." :rocks: Violin show was great too :nod:
GeneSuomi

Re: Vancouver 2010

Post by GeneSuomi »

One Georgian athlete died :rip: :shock: Not a nice start to games...
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Buka

Post by Buka »

Olympics should be fun, but that what happened with Georgian athlet on luge is horrible. Very sad that Games began with death, especially such young person. RIP, Nodar Kumaritashvili.
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Hope that's the only bad accident.. The luge track is said to be the fastest in the world :eyes:

Of course hoping many medals to the Finnish team :rolleyes:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, that luge track seems to be a bit too fast and dangerous now.. I guess they need to add a few chicanes Monza style to the track.

I guess these olympics will be nearly completely skipped by me. I'm not really waiting anything from Finnish and everything is held at night so there is no reason to watch them.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I hope for few medals for Czech :D and for few medals for M.Sablikova :cool2:
btw my friend Pavel Churavy is going to fight for top10 position in Nordic Combination (ski jump+cross country skiing) :trampo: I´m really looking to see his races :D.

It´s quite pity that Jamaica´s bob didn´t qualified this year :viking: :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

:rip: Nodar Kumaritashvili, another victim of speed.

But my question for today, do you think, that Janne Ahonen has today chance to score his first olympic gold? Has he chance against Austrian eagles and their big Swiss rival?

I wish more snow to Canada (and no rain), pity, that mens downhill in Whistler is postponed. :(
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Ivo Porc wrote:
But my question for today, do you think, that Janne Ahonen has today chance to score his first olympic gold? Has he chance against Austrian eagles and their big Swiss rival?
No. i don't believe. Gregor Schclureshczoier (Did I wrote it correct?) Is so strong and austrian batman-suit will bring golds to Austria. Even though the hill is small and strong jumpers like Ahonen can make good result there.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

In fact Ahonen is trying to get his first personal olympic medal.

I think he has chances to get it, but don't think he can get the gold. Schlienzauer (did I write it correct?), and Ammann, and other Austrian people are very tough challenge to beat.

:rip:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

What do you think about ice hockey? What country will win gold?

My guess is Russia
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'm afraid so.
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Of course I hope that Finland would surprise and win but I don't think so... :|
So go Russia!! (my favorite team after Finland of course :D)
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Ammann took ski jumping, not so big surprise. Ahonen only 4th.. :sorry:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Pity that the one Austrian didn't failed like his mates, but Ahonen has one more chance. Czechs went well, and the winner is well deserved. Congrats to his and Raska's fathercountry. :bg:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Quklis wrote:Ahonen only 4th.. :sorry:
And for the 3rd time in his career :shrug:

Maybe he'll get his medal in the bigger "jump" :D

About ice-hockey, probably Russia will win. If Finland isn't facing Sweden they might get to final. Strangely Finland always is successfull in the big competitions in ice-hockey, even if their team is much worse on paper compared to Russia or Canada :scratch:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

AleksiNir wrote:
About ice-hockey, probably Russia will win. If Finland isn't facing Sweden they might get to final. Strangely Finland always is successfull in the big competitions in ice-hockey, even if their team is much worse on paper compared to Russia or Canada :scratch:
Well you're right about that. 2006 TORINO NEVER FORGET! :mad:

egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

I was a bit disappointed, because our Kranjec was one of the favourites, but 6th place isn't bad either. But despite that, a big big surprize was Peter Prevc, who was, right after Kranjec, 7th! Yay! :woohoo:

Of course I'm also very sad that Jamaica's team didn't qualify.. ;)
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

right now Lukas Bauer made bronze medal for Czech in crosscountry skiing :D yeah

and you all surely heard about M.Sablikova´s gold in speedskating
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes yes yes! CZE vs SVK 3:1! Jagr is God. :goodvibes: Have this two teams enough passion against Russia?

BTW Germany looks good. Especially 1st line. :shock: Or was it only the traditional first great match of tournament?
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Ivo Porc wrote: BTW Germany looks good. Especially 1st line. :shock: Or was it only the traditional first great match of tournament?
Hope so. Germany is Finland's next opponent :misch:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Anyone saw the CAN-CHZ game I think which resulted like 8-0 last week end? :D Looking good for us I think :hiya:
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Gerritsen silver and Van Riessen bronze! :clap:
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

If anyone else has attempted to watch the US curling team... it's been painful :headbang: 4 chances to win 3 different games, and they've missed every one...
I like short, simple signatures!
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

bduddy wrote:If anyone else has attempted to watch the US curling team... it's been painful :headbang: 4 chances to win 3 different games, and they've missed every one...
Curling? It's a sport? :rofl:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes, funny and very thrilling. :bg: