Vancouver 2010 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
bduddy

Re: Vancouver 2010

Post by bduddy »

Ivo Porc wrote:Yes, funny and very thrilling. :bg:
It's not exciting when watching the US team, even when it's close, because you know they will choke in the end... this afternoon the women's team did it too... they're 0-7 combined so far :weep:
I like short, simple signatures!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Well... The Finnish team didn't even get in this time... :D And they even got silver the last time. Ok, the team changed completely right after the previous olympics, though...
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Curling is like chess on ice, very intresting to watch.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Quklis wrote:Curling is like chess on ice, very intresting to watch.
Actually not since they don't "tick" a little wood box with a clock which is the only action thin is chess :D It's really not my favorite sport should I say :bg:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Today FIN-GER Ice hockey game :yummy:

And on monday we're gonna watch the FIN-SWE game on our ummm.... exercise class :D
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

Breaking news: Slovenian Bronze medal winner in nordic skiing might be disqualified for being a ROBOT! She ran with 4 broken ribs and still got a medal! :bowdown: :wow:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

GRF wrote: And on monday we're gonna watch the FIN-SWE game on our ummm.... exercise class :D
Hehe, same thing here. Well, except that I won't be watching it at school because... Well... My school starts at 11. :P
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

egamad wrote:Breaking news: Slovenian Bronze medal winner in nordic skiing might be disqualified for being a ROBOT! She ran with 4 broken ribs and still got a medal! :bowdown: :wow:
I saw it, whole the races. And she was totally destroyed after each finish but then suddenly she was on the start of next run again. And when in finish her body was able to turn off itself, it did it. She's hero. Amazing. BTW her crash in practice was another epic fail of organizers (to leave 3 meter deep hole full of stones on external side of curve? WTF?! Was so hard to put there a safety net?), then I was very surprised, that Canadians cannot make quality ice for speed skating. But I can understand, that they built too complex hill for women down-hill, it happened several times on world events, that organizers overestimated woman's stamina. And the track for sledges and luges is it own story. But still the games are great show.

BTW did you the terrible crash of Swedish guy in Super-G? :sorry:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Ivo Porc wrote:BTW her crash in practice was another epic fail of organizers (to leave 3 meter deep hole full of stones on external side of curve? WTF?! Was so hard to put there a safety net?)
Welp... We have a long drop filled with trees, stones and stumps(especially those after the storms a few years ago) on the external side of the curve. And there's no safety nets. The speeds are pretty high in that corner (for "rookies", that is) and the ski tracks are very oftenly practically gone in that corner because of the people slowing down there. So it really can't be rated "olympics safe". Still, nothing bad has happened, atleast nothing bad enough to end up in the local news. So... It's also a matter of luck sometimes. You can't really blame the organizers for everything that happens.

But it was a pretty good job she did, getting a medal even with the broken ribs.

As for the Super-G, I guess you're meaning the Pärsson's crash? Judging by the pictures, yup that was a pretty hard one.

Oh and yay yay for the first silver for Finland! And the boarder actually is from this town! So two olympic medals in this city in two olympics.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Nope, I mean Patrik Järbyn in men's Super-G, not Pärsson in women downhill, which was not nice at all too.
And on monday we're gonna watch the FIN-SWE game on our ummm.... exercise class :D
This point I love on this tournament. It shows all most prestigious derbies in basic groups before quarterfinal matches. CZE vs SVK, FIN vs SWE, CAN vs USA and CZE vs USS...RUS I want to write. :yummy:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Ohh, so there was another one... Time to check it out at Youtube then.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

First UK gold medal in 30 years... :D
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

RUS-CZE today :yummy:
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

yes, the fight for pride. :yummy:

And then other tasteful matches of local titans - CAN - USA and SWE - FIN. Long night! :popcorn:

Have you tips for results?
Mine:
CZE - RUS: 3:2 in OT
SWE - FIN: 3:5
CAN - USA: 4:2

BTW congrats to UK! :bg:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I think that:

RUS-CZE: RUS wins

SWE-FIN: tight game but eventually FIN wins

CAN-USA: CAN wins

No idea for the results though.

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

GRF wrote:I think that:

RUS-CZE: RUS wins...
You're right. Czechs weren't strong (especially in front of goal) during key part of match. The Oveckin's hit before 3rd goal was great example. :(
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Congrats to Finland, the hockey match had not so much advertisements like other matches today, but had high level too and was exciting until the end. Luckier team won IMHO, goalkeepers were great. :bowdown: Good luck against USA (?). :bg:
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Ivo Porc wrote: Good luck against USA (?). :bg:
Yeap. USA
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Slovakia won the game against Sweden :o

Great job Slovakia :bg:

GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

GRF wrote:Slovakia won the game against Sweden :o

Great job Slovakia :bg:
These were a great news! Because if Finland win Usa it could never beat Sweden. Probably not Canada either but if Slovakia does a big surprise...
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

We won against Russia! Yeah! :heyea: :heyea: :champa: :heyea: :heyea:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Good job. :bg:

But I'm not decided, if I will fan to Canada or Slovakia in the semifinal. :scratch:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

It's quite funny that Russia got dropped off this early. The first rounds clearly didn't go as planned in many ways... :scratch: It would be a huge surprise if Slovakia did win Canada. I'm having high bets on Canada getting the title. Or then it will be USA, since they should win Finland... It would be quite funny to see Finland vs Slovakia for the gold. That would be something no one expected.

Oh and yay yay for the new bronze! Now we have 2 medals!! We were supposed to have 12 by then end of the olympics. I don't think that will happen... :rofl:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

2nd bronze medal for Finland in 1,5h :yummy:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Now three medals. ;)

Finnish women made a great job against sweden. :bg: