Movies, TV-series', You name it.

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
The Noose

Movies, TV-series', You name it.

Post by The Noose »

I'm not sure if they already is a thread about movies and tv-series's if there is, I'm sorry.

Anyway favorite movie, waiting for some movie to come or tv-series? Here you can talk about them.

I'm currently watching "The walking dead" tv-series. It has got some great reviews. :yummy:
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Mr.J

Re: Movies, TV-series', You name it.

Post by Mr.J »

If you havn't watched Band of Brothers you should be imprisoned.
You never wan't it to end... Such a masterpiece :love:
And when I name BoB I also have to mention The Pacific...
Not as good but still wonderful.

Of the longer series I like(ed) Entourage.

The office is kind of my guilty pleasure. :hide:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Yeah I've watched Band of Brothers :yummy: Masterpiece indeed :) I didn't like The Pacific though... Too patriotic and I felt there was more... Umm... Erotic thingies than actual war. :D
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

Yep, the patriotism gets a bit too much at times. :nod: And that can sure be quite disgusting...
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

And I'm also waiting for the new Tintin movie :yummy:

The Adventures of Tintin:

As well as The Amazing Spider-Man :yummy:

Martyn

Post by Martyn »

The Tintin trailer looks amazing if you watch it in IMAX.

I saw Drive the other day and I was blown away!
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

:bump: Digging up something from page 3...

Can you find any cooler opening scene than this? I found only the french version but it doesn't matter
Once Upon a Time in the West - Sergio Leone
Charles Bronson, Al Mulock, Jack Elam and Woody Strode
Last edited by GeneSuomi on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

I was at the premiere of Avengers Assemble last Thursday, fantastic!!!
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

A list of older movies you should try and see at least once:

Airplane!
The Naked Gun series
Das Boot
The Blues Brothers
The Bullet Train (where the format for Speed came from)
Big Man Japan

TV Series I recommend:

Any BBC comedy from the 1960 to about 2000, most of them pretty good for reasons various.

But please, please, PLEASE avoid any DVDs that have a short running time, make the most of your money. I got a Benny Hill DVD for Christmas that had a running time of about 45 minutes tops, all of it concert footage from his USA tour. Abysmal quality. And also try to avoid compilations of different shows on DVDs as well.
cocney

Post by cocney »

My favorite movies are made by Clint Eastwood ( Gran Torino, Invictus(my favorite),...)
My favorite movie series are Star Wars, and my favorite scene is final fight in 3rd part.

From short series I like croatian Kapelski kresovi but you, probably, never heard for it.

I've forgot to mention The Godfather, awesome film by Francis Ford Coppola. This film will fill you list Doorslamer :P .
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Yusei Fudo

Post by Yusei Fudo »

^by third part, do you mean the new third, or the original third?
Trigger Happy wrote:Better to see worse but truly yours than false. :bg:
cocney

Post by cocney »

New part! New parts are better then old ones.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Yusei Fudo

Post by Yusei Fudo »

Well, everyone has their opinions, IMO nothing beats the originals XD
Trigger Happy wrote:Better to see worse but truly yours than false. :bg:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

anyone know how I can link a facebook video to here?
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hehe, I started rewatching Robot Wars. :) I still end up liking or hating the same robot(eer)s as back then when I saw them the first time. Like The Bigger Brother, I'm pretty much ripping my ears off while the kids are talking and hoping the machine would just blow up so they wouldn't talk anymore during the show.. :D
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Does anybody know this number?
0118 999 881 999 119 725
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

FRUKIScze wrote:Does anybody know this number?
0118 999 881 999 119 725
Didn't expect the IT Crowd to be popular in CZE. That's amazing!!
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Martyn wrote:
0118 999 881 999 119 725
Not too much, but we are watching IT Crowd in our English lessons in school. Great teacher! :-P
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

FRUKIScze wrote:
Martyn wrote:
0118 999 881 999 119 725
Not too much, but we are watching IT Crowd in our English lessons in school. Great teacher! :-P
It's a shame they only ever made 24 episodes
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Yes. It's very funny and successfull sitcom. If they do new episodes, it will have positive feedback.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

1nsane wrote:Hehe, I started rewatching Robot Wars. :) I still end up liking or hating the same robot(eer)s as back then when I saw them the first time. Like The Bigger Brother, I'm pretty much ripping my ears off while the kids are talking and hoping the machine would just blow up so they wouldn't talk anymore during the show.. :D
I loved Robot Wars (except the last season, when most of the good robots were gone...), and some other shows they probably didn't show outside the US like Battlebots and Robotica... It's a shame none of them are around anymore, there's a new show they're advertising with walking fighting robots but it looks really fake...
I like short, simple signatures!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Game of Thrones hinders me from testing new stuff for GR. :rofl: Watching episodes of the second season now...
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

DuklaLiberec wrote:Game of Thrones hinders me from testing new stuff for GR. :rofl: Watching episodes of the second season now...
The only time I watched Game of Thrones is when Daenerys saying "Mhysa" which means Mother in a certain in-show language. Also, everytime I see Game of Thrones, either "Sansa Stark" or "Khaleesi" would pop out on my head :D

Plus, am I the only one here who understands what the American teens there are loving? This is evident by how shows like Glee and Pretty Little Liars are slaying there in Teen's Choice Awards. Plus, I'm sure they are in for some fandom tastes, most people there would write lots of Buffy fan fictions :p

Anyway, I know I have a myriad of DVD collections here (just scroll them and you'll found it), though these are only half of my collections, whilst my other half are downloaded series, mostly shows whose DVDs aren't available and has lesser episodes. Other than that, they're mostly animes and tokusatsu (Japanese live action) shows.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I'm starting to rewatch Junkyard Wars/Scrapheap Challenge. Watching the first episode of the first season as I write this. It's interesting to see whether this is still as interesting as it was back then...

BTW, does any of you remember the name of that other similar kind of series that was running at around the same time. In that one they bought some junk cars and modified them to be used in the challenges.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

1nsane wrote:BTW, does any of you remember the name of that other similar kind of series that was running at around the same time. In that one they bought some junk cars and modified them to be used in the challenges.
Full Metal Challenge?

I like short, simple signatures!