F1 - Season 2012 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.

Who will be the 2012 Driver's Champion?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Sebastian Vettel
35%
Mark Webber
No votes
Jenson Button
23%
Lewis Hamilton
3%
Fernando Alonso
23%
Felipe Massa
3%
Kimi Räikkönen
10%
Michael Schumacher
3%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Other, who?
No votes

Total votes: 31
1nsane

Re: F1 - Season 2012 *spoiler*

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, there were some articles about him continuing with Mercedes. I wonder if he will be a test driver as in being on the pitline standing in if something goes wrong, or a test driver as in helping with the stuff in the factory, but working more as an engineer or assistant during the races.

The situation with Lotus is indeed interesting. I guess they had practically made all of the papers already and all that was needed was that Grosjean would finish the race, maybe on points. But he went and crashed again, in a silly way too. And Total isn't taking it anymore. MTV3 (which pretty much started this Kovalainen to Lotus) wrote that Total runs a campaign on smart and safe driving, and a crasher like Grosjean doesn't really fit the campaign. :D I doubt Kovalainen would get the seat, there are so many others being left without seats this year and they have more money to offer.
But in the slim chance that it does happen, maybe they should paint the car blue and white (and red) at the same time. :P
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

MSC - or maybe testing for Pirelli as a side job (or rather fun - of driving a F1 with no further pressure) next to main tasks related to promoting of Mercedes? :scratch: After all, during time of dominance with Ferrari the spending hours and hours by examining and developing tyres on test track was his favourite stuff on to-do list, wasn't it. And he missed it a lot in past 3 years. :D

Lotus - a local site mentions rather Kobayashi on 2nd place there, if Grosjean would be replaced. :scratch: :scratch:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Trigger Happy wrote:Lotus - a local site mentions rather Kobayashi on 2nd place there, if Grosjean would be replaced. :scratch: :scratch:
I read that in a local newspaper too. Furthermore, Urheilulehti (Finnish sports magazine) ran yesterday a story about Kovalainen with the idea of "bye bye Heikki", written by Erkki Mustakari, who seems to me quite reliable when it comes to F1.
Yusei Fudo

Post by Yusei Fudo »

Maybe Erkki is reliable about those things, but not on commentary :D "OHHOH! Another williams crashed" (it's a replay)

hmm, I'd like to see Kobayashi as the other driver too hmm, I feel like he's a bit better driver than Heikki :/
Trigger Happy wrote:Better to see worse but truly yours than false. :bg:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Yusei Fudo wrote:Maybe Erkki is reliable about those things, but not on commentary :D "OHHOH! Another williams crashed" (it's a replay)
Yeah, I meant outside of the actual race. :rofl: Not as bad as Kyllönen though, if you ask me. :D
Yusei Fudo

Post by Yusei Fudo »

yeah :D agreed, Finland never gets any good motorsport commentators xD nobody knows what's going on, sometimes not even Salo!
Trigger Happy wrote:Better to see worse but truly yours than false. :bg:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Mmm, I think they did a pretty good job this year, considering the equipment they have with them on the races. I think the larger companies bring their own monitors and everything, so they can actually see the stuff properly and so make less mistakes. MTV3 takes only the four reporters and a cameraman with the camera to the location and they have to trust the equipment they get from the track are good enough. In Brazil they were provided a black and white TV... :D

I kinda doubt it would be Kobayashi either. He is in a similar kind of position as Kovalainen, really. A pretty good driver, but there's no financial backing. And during the last year it seemed like Kobayashi's performance got quite random. After the podium in Japan he was nowhere He now has about a million of "fanfunding" he's been gathering, which isn't exactly much compared to what Lotus will lose if Total decides to give less money. Unless some bigger company will decide to back him up after seeing how big support Kobayashi has from his fans.

Hm, I was going to suggest that maybe even DiResta could make the jump, since he is pissed off at Mercedes/McLaren for picking Perez. But looking at DiResta's stats of the season it looks like he had an even worse season overall.
And the sponsors would prefer a French driver. The only well performing French driver in the lower series' is... Bianchi. I wonder how easily they could snatch him from Ferrari.
Although I wouldn't be surprised if Senna would get the seat. He drove a pretty good season too, although he was beaten by Maldonado on points. Senna brought the car home, constantly getting some points out of it. And he seemed to get better and better towards the end of the season. He was only kicked out of Williams simply because Bottas was already confirmed for 2013 even before 2012 season started. The biggest question would propably be does Senna want to go back there.

Interesting times regarding that seat. :)
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Don't forget wildcard Barrichello :D But I guess he's aiming at Caterham...
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Well, now there's only two seats vacated.

A bit earlier Marussia pretty much confirmed their drivers. As in Glock and Chilton.
And Grosjean stays in Renault. I wonder if the ROC victory helped a little.
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Grosjean said that the contract was made before the ROC :)
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert