F1 - Season 2012 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.

Who will be the 2012 Driver's Champion?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Sebastian Vettel
35%
Mark Webber
No votes
Jenson Button
23%
Lewis Hamilton
3%
Fernando Alonso
23%
Felipe Massa
3%
Kimi Räikkönen
10%
Michael Schumacher
3%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
Other, who?
No votes

Total votes: 31
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: F1 - Season 2012 *spoiler*

Post by Trigger Happy »

Martyn wrote:Totally retarded descision from the stewards to give Grosjean and Senna different penalties for the same offence
Maybe they considered some aggravating circumstances, for example that he's a recidivist with 8th crash in 1st lap this season, so the previous drive-throughts had no educative effect and one more would bring nothing? In that case I doubt, that the marshals are the retarded. :p
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Yes he's got previous but what Senna did to Rosberg was worse than what Grosjean did to Webber.

If they are basing it on previous incidents then they are punishing him again for things he's already been punished for. That is wrong!
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

In that case you're equally unaware of purpose of punishment like Grosjean seems to be. ;)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

It's also pretty hard to say what really happened between Senna and Rosberg since at least I didn't see the contact once. I mean it could have even been just a consequence instead of cause. That's something only the judges can say. It clearly wasn't as black and white crash anyways, since it took so long for the investigation to even begin or the final result of it to come.

Besides, Grosjean's hit was once again on another athmosphere of sillyness. It once again showed clearly that Grosjean has just no level of consentration on what's going on around him during the first lap. If he had retired from the crash as well, he would have gotten an automatic 10 grid drop for the next race. So you can really say that he got away with lot less by getting just the 10 second stop and go while already being way back.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

So you think that a mistake in one race should be more severely punished because of mistakes you've ALREADY been punished for in previous race?

Senna took to the grass on the inside and drove straight into Rosberg 2hen coming back onto the track. I'm not saying Grosjean should not have been penalised, but Senna realky should at least have got the same penalty
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

If he didn't learn the intended lesson from previous punishments?

Also consider, that if marshals really would be silly, they were not giving a stop-and-go, but were passing the incident to FIA higher structures with proposal of ban until end of season (as next step after a 1 round ban). In that relation of that the 10 secs is just gentle reminder, why he was sitting on pit wall in Monza instead of in car.

Justice is, when in similar cases the sentences are similar, but not necessary equal - in relation to circumstances differentiating the cases in details punishments differentiate too. Retarded would be punishing one and approving second misconduct.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Well, Schumacher's penalty for this race was more severe because of the similar kind of accident he had in Spain. So yes.

Once again, Grosjean's crash was a clean deal. He drove into another driver with no reason, he didn't seem to even make any kind of action to try and prevent the collision. And he has done similar kind of contacts before.

I watched the replay of the start and what is seen is that Senna goes to the grass to avoid the other bunch of cars slowing down because of Webber (and Alonso) spinning. So the hit between Senna and Rosberg was more like a consequence of everyone trying to avoid Webber instead of Senna just going through the grass to skip by other drivers. But once again, the angle is bad so I can't say much on their collision before at least a few pictures of it are published.

They are totally different crashes, on totally different situations. So the penalties can also be different.
Yusei Fudo

Post by Yusei Fudo »

Link to the start of the race? Wasn't home and I want to see it :D
Trigger Happy wrote:Better to see worse but truly yours than false. :bg:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

It's available here (for finnish at least, don't know if they have blocked it from other countries..): http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=145805
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Who needs a helicopter camera when all you can see is smog..
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Vettel starting from 24th... Now that will be interesting. In theory, that should comfortably hand the win to Hamilton barring mechanical failure. In theory. :rofl:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

It's funny how it seems like another of the "most boring of the year" award nominees seems to be in the line for the "most exciting of the year", fighting against Valencia. Let's see how this race keeps up.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Mark Webber deserves a race ban for that. Driving into 3 cars when each and every collision was avoidable. Rosberg's incident was scary, and yet another McLaren car failure robbing a race win away from Hamilton. At least Raikkonen/Lotus finally won a race...
cocney

Post by cocney »

Great race for Raikkonen, finally first! Vettel had good race and showed that he is amazing driver. Perez was punished for that crash and it is his mistake. I think that Webber is the less guilty guy in that crash. I wonder, what the hell is McLaren doing with their car? They have the most failures in year. Amazing race!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

The best F1 race since Brazil 2007 :flip:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Gahh, that was so great! Finally Kimi gets the win.

Good action in the race from beginning to the end, and Vettel's race is a story of its own. And as much as I've given heat for Grosjean, Maldonado, Perez & Co. during the year, I have to say that it's thanks to the team wreckers that so many of the races have been as interesting as they have been this year.

Although one thing I don't understand is why have kerbs over one car width, when the cars aren't allowed to go completely over the inner white line anyway. This seemed to be more an issue in India, but the same was in here.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

The Noose will be pleased :D

What an amazing race, I'll take my hat for both Kimi & Seb :hattip: Didn't expect that so many position changes happened, which was resulted by the crashes :o :D
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Vettel didn't have a good race. He had a lucky race. He hit Senna and he hit the DRS sign for starters, almost every car that crashed today crashed in front of him, gifting him positions. He took a while to overtake Button despite having fresher and softer tyres, although it was a very good pass. He also overtook a car off the track (Grosjean), and had to give that place back. In fact, he only passed 3-4 decent cars cleanly at all...

Perez was mostly to blame for that pileup, but it was more of a racing incident than Webber/Massa. And Webber simply wasn't paying attention and drove straight into the wreckage.
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

DuklaLiberec wrote:The Noose will be pleased :D...
How so? :D

Anywho. BEST RACE IN THIS SEASON! So much action! GREAT RACE! :)
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Brilliant
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Vettel was soo lucky, so many in front of him crashed, were penalized or had an issue (since grid leaving for warm-up lap, there were 3 cars starting from pits today, a HRT and a Force India?) plus gift of about 45 secs from SC, then everything is easier, if same penalty would come in India last week (for track cutting in Q), he'd be hardly 15th ... But thumb up for Red Bull strategists, they took him for second pitting just in time, few laps more on the slow tyres and after return on track he'd be caught just in the middle of the group with Webber etc and maybe end in the pile-up too. It was very wise timing. :bg:

The more attention to Raikkonen's radio communication was very entertaining, more time in lead for him (same for Webber btw). :D
Buka

Post by Buka »

I can only bow to Kimi! :bowdown: Finally my blind predictions came true. The next race, I say, should win Bruno.

And Williams have double finish in top-10! :goal:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Welp, the new track really felt enjoyable. Finally a new track where the surroundings match the track. And for some reason this track was easy to learn and recognize over the weekend. I knew all the time where they were driving. If you asked the same during Korea or India... Uhh... :ouch: And a nice crowd, somewhat enthusiastic. And it was great to see how they Nascarified the show. :rofl: Good camera angles, stetsons, yeeaaah america styled national anthem, yeaaaaaah america styled podium.

Oh, and then there was the race. :roll:
cocney

Post by cocney »

New track was problem for many drivers. There was a lot of strong breaks. I didn't like that track has red line near track all the time. Very good and interesting race. Glad to see 2 Williams in 9th and 10th place.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

I thought the Stetsons were a fantastic touch. Great race and the track actually felt like it had some character, although the large crowd probably helped.