GTR2 & Race07 Track theft

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
CreamK

GTR2 & Race07 Track theft

Post by CreamK »

I'm the author of Alpine Hills (for GTR2 and Race07) and i just found out that user name "Xmilek" or "xmilek" has stolen it.

He altered and renamed it with out any permission. I'm just asking if you bumb in to this "Mountain Roads" not to download it or use it in anyway. Also if anyone knows this guy, make him contact me ASAP. I won't be giving out the link to his site, i don't wan't to create any more traffic there.

You can find the original at NoGrip.
Martyn

Re: Track theft

Post by Martyn »

Some evidence would be helpful
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
CreamK

Post by CreamK »

Martyn

Post by Martyn »

OK, (sorry to backseat moderate) this isn't GeneRally related. We do have an off-topic section with a thread for other games
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Has nothing to do with GeneRally, moved to offtopic.
CreamK

Post by CreamK »

Sorry for posting n the wrong thread, i had never even heard of GeneRally... I was just hunting this guy down, saw that he had posted here...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

If you want to solve something, you should aim your attention elsewhere, e.g. ask provider of his hosting service for blocking the site for public or directly contact him (chatbox on his site, PM, e-mail sent on his forum account here or elsewhere on internet). But doing a mess like a hysteric teen goose at public place basically unrelated to the matter? That doesn't sound like a strategy.

Topic renamed btw.
SammieVL

Re: GTR2 & Race07 Track theft

Post by SammieVL »

Well i'm not sure what happened but i think he just converted your track to a different game.

In the meantime while waiting for a response, play some GeneRally :D

EDIT: *reads post content again*

Oh... well...
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I'm confused, is this a GeneRally recreation of this track or not? If it's not, what relevance does it have to this forum? :rofl:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

No relevance, that's why Tuomo moved it to off-topic. ;-)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Lukeno94 wrote:I'm confused, is this a GeneRally recreation of this track or not? If it's not, what relevance does it have to this forum? :rofl:
As he explained (kinda):

CreamK made a track for game one
XMilek stole it, edited it, and published it for game two
Then CreamK tried to track him down and found him on GRIF.

Well...

Alex

Post by Alex »

Wait, wait, hold on. Let me get this straight:
The reason you signed up to this forum is to warn us about a track theft, which is in actuality a conversion, and the member responsible hasn't been here since March. What ever happened to emailing? Oh boy, you are going to have a field day here, as a lot of tracks are semi-conversions from other games.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Alex wrote:The reason you signed up to this forum is to warn us about a track theft, which is in actuality a conversion, and the member responsible hasn't been here since March.
Xmilek edited CreamK's track to put it in another game and CreamK considered this as a theft and he is trying to track Xmilek down.

You are kind of right. And March? I thought the last time he was on was a lot earlier.
CreamK wrote:I'm the author of Alpine Hills (for GTR2 and Race07) and i just found out that user name "Xmilek" or "xmilek" has stolen it. He altered and renamed it with out any permission
CreamK wrote:I was just hunting this guy down, saw that he had posted here...

Well...

Paw

Post by Paw »

Alex wrote:Oh boy, you are going to have a field day here, as a lot of tracks are semi-conversions from other games.
I believe that it's not applicable here (I mean GR tracks) as all is made from scratch. No resorces from original track are used, as opposed to convertion between games which utilize similar tracks system. But that's why you wrote "semi" probably :)