How did you decide your nick?

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

How did you decide your nick?

Post by Herbal »

This was a relatively successful thread on RSC, so I think I should restart it again. Write here, from where does your nick derive. This can be your reallife name (ie. Kory Miller), or a monster with which kids are scared (Buka), or simply your classmates begin to name it like that (DXTR... oops, that's me! :rofl:)

So, what about your nicks? :P
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: How did you decide your nick?

Post by AleksiNir »

DXTR wrote:This can be your reallife name (ie. Kory Miller)
:nod:

Aleksi is my first name and Nir the first three letters of my surname.

Btw "Buka" did scare me when I was a kid, I always hid behind the sofa when he appeared. :sweatdrop:
Paw

Post by Paw »

My name is Pawel (the 'L' is in fact not 'L', but an polish symbol: Image )

Then, couple of years - about 7 - ago someone called me "Pavulon". Well, nothing to be proud of :stretcher: . it was known here due to some affair, you can read about it in the link. But I kept this nickname, but with "w" in it, as my name is Pawel ;) I use also shortened name - as you can see - Paw.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

My nick is quite mysterious even for me... :scratch: I guess it comes from the fact I like Peregrine Falcons and that these are great so I am... :coffee:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Years ago, the Commodore 64 was a very popular home-computer, and one of my favorite games I played in these days was "The last Ninja".
Because of the lots of walking required to solve the puzzles in that game, I renamed it "The lost Ninja".
It's as simple as that! :mrgreen:
AND it rather fits me as a person....(the "lost" part, not the Ninja ;) )
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

The lost Ninja wrote:AND it rather fits me as a person....(the "lost" part, not the Ninja ;)
Yeah... And for me, being lost or smartly stupid is a great thing ;)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

My nick is my name Rendy.

But I'm planning to use the nick Turborendyrunabout in future. I used that nick on another non-GR forum.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
resir014

Post by resir014 »

This has been my nick since 2006. I invented it myself.

resi = first name
r = first letter of last name
014 = my lucky number when this nick was invented, but I kept it ever since :)
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Mine is very simple... The first letter of my first name + my last name... It was the username I had for my first email account so long ago, and I've kept it ever since...
I like short, simple signatures!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Another simple nick here - my first name and the first letter of my last name.

Before I took this name I had used various nicks at various places and was thinking that now that I was releasing my first GR track (many many years ago...), I wanted something that I wouldn't feel like changing after half an year or so - and it worked. :mrgreen:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

my nick is my name too :D who would guess that :sherlock:

and my older nickname haq was made by shortening my surname and change k to q to make it more cool :cool2: :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Rendy wrote:My nick is my name Rendy.

But I'm planning to use the nick Turborendyrunabout in future. I used that nick on another non-GR forum.
We will need a topic in support for requests to renaming. :scratch:

So tell us here, Rendy, when you will want to rename. :bg:
FogoRJ

Post by FogoRJ »

My nick is a tribute to football team in Rio de Janeiro - Botafogo
"Rio de Janeiro(RJ)" is the city I was born. Simple like this! ;)
FogoRJ
ECOlogic Racing Team
Jonzu95

Post by Jonzu95 »

Jonzu is my nickname and 95 means the year when I born.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Welp, it is pretty much completely based on the game with a same name. That is still the game that I rate as the best of them all. I did use something with the same mentality idea before starting to use this one as the only one.
For the last year or so I have slowly stopped using 1 in the front, and use Onensane instead. This is partly due to the name limitations in IRC and some forums, but also because I can be quite sure no one else uses it. My artist (main) artist name will stay as 1nsane, though.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

It happened to be on my birth certificate. :shhh:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Dave Hunter wrote:It happened to be on my birth certificate. :shhh:
Do you mean that someone slammed the door at the moment of your Birth? :D

thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

The lost Ninja wrote:
Dave Hunter wrote:It happened to be on my birth certificate. :shhh:
Do you mean that someone slammed the door at the moment of your Birth? :D
Yeah, on his head... Oups, it was me... :shhh:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

The Great Falcon wrote: Yeah, on his head... Oups, it was me... :shhh:
Now THAT would explain a lot! :mrgreen:
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Long time ago (it was 1993 or 1994) my friend lend me a PC game called Genghis Khan 2. It`s a strategic game (I just love strategies) from a strategic series of a Japanese software company Koei. Well, this game was one of the best strategic games I ever played. I could fill pages just to tell how great it was, but I have just this page :).

Anyway, this game also included fighting with different types of units from samurais, chinese cannons to elephants. One of the units were a specific type of archers with long bows. The unit name was of course Long Bows. It took me a while to figured out how to best use the LongBows, but when I did, I found out that this were one of the most powerful units in the game, if you know how to use them. These units have a very special place in my memory, so I decide back than, that my nickname should be LongBow. Even now after many years I`m honoring these units by using their name as my nickname.

BTW an arrow shooted from a LongBow could easily pierce the most heavy armor of a foot soldier and eventually nail him to the ground .
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

LongBow wrote:BTW an arrow shooted from a LongBow could easily pierce the most heavy armor of a foot soldier and eventually nail him to the ground .
Yeah, my dad is a hobbyist archer. The day he got his strongest bow he immediately tried it in his yard - but missed the target. And since he was not used to the strength of the bow, he actually shot through the yards of his 3 neighbours! (He was afraid like hell as he didn't see where the arrow flew - but luckily nobody was hurt. Now he only uses it in the wilderness) :cupid:

About my name: Once I was waiting in a bus stop when I saw a poster on a wall saying: discoteque and pizzabar. I kept repeating these words in my mind until pizzabar turned into mizzamar. It means now nothing and that's why I like it. :)
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
RodSk8Punk

Post by RodSk8Punk »

As I already said back in RSC: I first was Rod (my name Rodrigo, that can also be Rodney Mullen) when playing Tony Hawk Underground 2 online (first place on the net I had an "identity", where I participated instead of just seeing or reading). After some time, a dude though I was someone else, so I changed my nick (not on THU2, because soon I had canceled fast net connection, wich is needed to play the game online) and came up with RodSk8Punk (Rod + that I am a skate punk). When first tried to sign in RSC I had some problems (lost email), so I needed to use another name. Then I used RodSk8Dude.

Some places I am Dude, others Punk.

PS.: Didn't I already posted here talking about this? (or it was in the brazilian forum?)
The lost Ninja wrote:[...]AND it rather fits me as a person....(the "lost" part, not the Ninja)
Ninja actually could fit for me. Many times I scare people for getting near them without making noise.
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

RodSk8Punk wrote:As I already said back in RSC: I first was Rod (my name Rodrigo, that can also be Rodney Mullen) when playing Tony Hawk Underground 2 online (first place on the net I had an "identity", where I participated instead of just seeing or reading). After some time, a dude though I was someone else, so I changed my nick (not on THU2, because soon I had canceled fast net connection, wich is needed to play the game online) and came up with RodSk8Punk (Rod + that I am a skate punk). When first tried to sign in RSC I had some problems (lost email), so I needed to use another name. Then I used RodSk8Dude.

Some places I am Dude, others Punk.

PS.: Didn't I already posted here talking about this? (or it was in the brazilian forum?)
The lost Ninja wrote:[...]AND it rather fits me as a person....(the "lost" part, not the Ninja)
Ninja actually could fit for me. Many times I scare people for getting near them without making noise.
Me too! I usually sneak behind my friends back and strangle him :hiya: , but not hard...
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
Tilt+

Post by Tilt+ »

Tilt from Pinball :)
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better." ~ Samuel Beckett

facebook.com/neeksky
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

:wave:

this may take a while :popcorn:

But, a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away there was this small arcade near where i live, that held all the older arcade games, Pacman-DigDug-Super Sprint, all the classics, not the tripe we see now a days :sick:

and i just so happened to love pacman, kept playing it until one day i actually beat highscore on this very arcade machine, i had beaten Pacman, thus i now owned the best human creation ever made, so i since that day i have been known as pacman... but online in forums and games i am known as Pacman_Ownage

i could of used a few other nicknames, either chewie (due to my likeness to chewbacca and my fondness of Star Wars) i'm usually called this at college, or Maggot (just something that came up once) and i'm usually called this by my better friends :king:

(PS: the _ key didn't work that well when i signed up to this forum so it was left out :doh: