How did you decide your nick?

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Thunderstrucker

Re: How did you decide your nick?

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Ok.
An interesting story is not bump? :scratch:
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Paw

Post by Paw »

Bumps in threads like this one aren't considered bumps. I'm sure I wrote this before:
Bumps are considered in fact only in threads:
1. Dedicated for track or car. So this what is being posted everyday in corresponding sections.
2. About some problem which was already solved.

And in all threads like:
1. WiP's and ideas.
2. Nickname, music taste, your designs, pictures etc.
3. Abandoned WiP's.
etc.

bumps are not considered as problem.

@down
I need to bookmark it.
Last edited by Paw on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

And a post with something important, useful, just something with actual material is always a good post. Even if it propably bumped a thread back up after a month of silence. In the case of a track being bumped, the reason has to be very good, like posting a new version in the first post and then posting a bump to notice that yup, it's updated now. If you find out a track let's say 3 months after the release and you think the track is REALLY GOOD 5/5!!!1, you don't need to go post it there because the creator most likely already knows that the track is REALLY GOOD 6/5 since it has been said by 5+ other users already. Now, if you do an in depth review of a goodish track that needs maybe some fixing and you have some good hints on how the creator and maybe the other users too can improve their designs, I'd say it is a good bump (and there is no need for 3 people to come and say BUMPEDY BUMPEDY zomg it has been exactly 29 days since the thread was started you can't post here).

In the off-topic area with these "your mom's dog's name" threads, the bump posts most likely have something new, maybe by a new member, maybe by an old member who has changed something since the life has gone on. So these are good posts, good bumps. But responding to these kind of threads about them bumping the thread is a bad post. Or then just giving a random response to the irrelevant part of the original post is a bad post. Or if you do, at least do it in a creative and constructive way that gives a reason on why you, for example, agreed on something.

A good bottom line is, always bring something new and important in all of the posts.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

OK, since nickchange I'm Herbal. But where does that come from? Well... not from your green toothpastes. :P It has more with my original name to do, and nowadays I've felt DXTR a bit too hackerish... :D
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
ksm314

Post by ksm314 »

For me...

ksm is my full name in short-form, 314 is the first 3 digits in pi. No decimal place unless you want me to be named ksm3.14 (which is silly in a way)

I used pi probably because my brother knew too much about it that I use it with my name since many online names have 3 digits.

PS: This name was created in 2006 where I was still 10 years old
For those who know the game Need For Madness, please check out кรภ-ภŦ๓.๒l๏ɠรթ๏t.ς๏๓ for more of my works!
Sutinen wrote:Monkeys live in trees! MY god thats an interesting fact!1!!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I would like to post there how I decide my nick.

One of my favourite TV series is 'Whale Wars' and it is about the non-profit organisation Sea Shepherd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Shephe ... on_Society . This group protects sealife, especially whales and it fights against whalers. A vessel of that group is 'MY Bob Barker' so I decided to choose it for my nick, but it could be also called 'Steve Irwin', 'Gojira', 'Robert Hunter', 'Farley Mowat', 'Ady Gil' etc. because these vessels are/were part of its fleet.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Bob Barker wrote:Sorry for bumping this topic, but I would like to post there how I decide my nick.

One of my favourite TV series is 'Whale Wars' and it is about the non-profit organisation Sea Shepherd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Shephe ... on_Society . This group protects sealife, especially whales and it fights against whalers. A vessel of that group is 'MY Bob Barker' so I decided to choose it for my nick, but it could be also called 'Steve Irwin', 'Gojira', 'Robert Hunter', 'Farley Mowat', 'Ady Gil' etc. because these vessels are/were part of its fleet.
Since you seem to be from outside the US, I'm curious - do you know who Bob Barker actually is?
I like short, simple signatures!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

bduddy wrote:
Bob Barker wrote:Sorry for bumping this topic, but I would like to post there how I decide my nick.

Since you seem to be from outside the US, I'm curious - do you know who Bob Barker actually is?
I actually don't, but I read a :wiki: article about him and he is a TV show host. The vessel is called 'Bob Barker' because the SSCA purchased it and he donated $5,000,000 to the organisation.
Areen

Post by Areen »

I always use this nick, so in this forum it couldn't be otherwise.
oscarhardwick

Post by oscarhardwick »

It's my name.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

LOL i didnt post here yet.

Wouter is my first name.

WouterVL would fit better because my full name is Wouter van Leeuwen.

WoutVL is even better lol
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

all my nicknames:

RapBR123: Rap = my name (I hate Rap Music aswell :sweatdrop: ); BR = my home country; 123 = Just wanted to put some numbers xD

RaphaelACDC = my name plus my favorite band :really:

Thunderstrucker = I just think it's good for me. One of my favorite songs. I maybe just ask to change to Thunderstriker later (or not...)
Last edited by Thunderstrucker on Sun May 05, 2013 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

My nick + S = Scorpions

The Scorpions is my favorite band :)
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

My mother and father chose it nearly 25 years ago
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
zgr

Post by zgr »

(zegarek)
well, my real name is Marc, and i have a aunt in poland, they always say "Marc --> Marek --> Zegarek" :D
ps: Zegarek is polish and it means "watch" or "clock" :D

(zgr)
its my personal shortcut for ZeGaRek
:banana:
Hello.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

zgr wrote:(zegarek)
ps: Zegarek is polish and it means "watch" or "clock" :D
Yes, I know that. :D
Ol7hYa

Post by Ol7hYa »

Oh! forgive me! I posted but I did not realize it was a stroke of 2 years! Remove my post sir Administrator!!!! And if you had written Paw was a hit single in the tracks / cars or also in the discussions, but soooo big hit if seen as a blow so erase it immediately!
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

This isn't bump.
paw wrote:Bumps in threads like this one aren't considered bumps. I'm sure I wrote
this before:
Bumps are considered in fact only in threads:
1. Dedicated for track or car. So this what is being posted everyday in
corresponding sections.
2. About some problem which was already solved.
And in all threads like:
1. WiP's and ideas.
2. Nickname, music taste, your designs, pictures etc.
3. Abandoned WiP's.
etc.
bumps are not considered as problem.
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Ol7hYa

Post by Ol7hYa »

Well, if you say so! I'll post the source of mine but I had thought that after a long time (two years) and was hit and had to delete it.

I Have Decided to first Fabrix007 for a game. By Fabrizio who's name you add an X, and I love James Bond (Agent 007) and then add it. And then I Realized I'm Fabrix but one thing. There are numbers That Are straight and curved as 1, 2, and 7 and then I put the 127 instead of 007. But one day I SHOCK against the keyboard as I pressed the shift several times and I'm Ol7hYa! then I did it again on purpose but I'll HNJ75dj5 and was very long and I did not like. Actually Kizzy at school tell me! but I do not like the webs. Finally I'll Ol7hYa
Sorry for my bad english!