OffRoad Motor Sports *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: OffRoad Motor Sports *spoiler*

Post by Trigger Happy »

Dan Hakulín wrote:Škoda maybe gets 1,6T engine for Fabia (AFAIK they already have it by Oreca) to make Fabia S2000 1,6T to meet current S2000 specifications.
I guess, that it's the solution for ''year or two'' when it will become to be outdated (privateers will loose interest to buy it) and then good-bye - like you said in previous post.

@ 1nsane: Dakar is now job for Porsche (and no F1 or LM). :sick: ;)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Well this is interesting... Citroen might get a penalty for cutting a corner. That's something I have never heard before in Rallying. :D I remember how about 10 years back McRae took those insane cuts during the Safari rallyes, and obviously got no penalties. I think that's the spirit of the rallying overall, you choose where you cut and hope it's for good.

(Unfortunately my source is finnish one, but...) This page includes a video of the said cut... I assume it's the left turn in the beginning. Why didn't they put anything to indicate that turn is a no no...
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutise ... -oikaisuja
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Trigger Happy wrote:@ 1nsane: Dakar is now job for Porsche (and no F1 or LM). :sick:
How is that bad? Don't you remember the Dakar 911s and 959s?
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Porsche should base themselves more around GTs, so no prototypes and F1 is fine. ;)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Looks like they finally changed the starting order for the WRC. Finally I can propably start following the series more seriously now, since they will have to actually drive seriously the whole time.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Hey guys, thos of you who are interested in WTCC and rallying might already heard, but at least for others :D.
Rumours say that Škoda is going to take part in WTCC since 2013, with Superb (but I think that Octavia sounds more logical atm).

However VW is going to develop Polo WRC during WRC 2012 season and they will use Fabia S2000 to test drivers (my tips are Hanninen, Mikkelsen, Paddon and maybe German driver - Gassner jr., Burkart or Wallanwein) at most WRC events in 2012.

circut Škoda Octavia S2000 will race in BTCC with a privateer team TH Motorsport (though no connections to Mladá Boleslav).

in sum good news for WTCC but bad for czech rally fans :(. At least we will have Fabia R2...
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Looks like the Spanish rally is one of those rallys where being the first car on the road would actually be better. Just checked some recaps of day 1 and the amount of dust is like looking at a wall in front of you.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

It was terrible for the drivers, and think about last stage yesterday this dust in air + night. Just terrible....Anyway today at tarmac Latvala gave few seconds to Loeb :D.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I have to tell you guys how curious I'm about start of Wales Rally GB :D. After few years finally comes Czech driver in WRC car - Martin Prokop :). Yeah and there's fight for championship coming too :trampo:. And Ott Tanak will drive fo the first time in Stobart Fiesta WRC, he is big talent coming :D.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hmmn, why do I remember that last name, Prokop... Sounds so familiar.

Also, here's a nice vid of the VW Polo being driven by none other than Carlos Sainz.
In his hands and under his development/help I wouldn't be too surprised if the car actually ends up being quite good. Something I wouldn't have said before. :D It seemed like the car had a bit of wiggling in some parts of the video, though...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Prokop? JWRC champion with Citroen (C2?) few years ago?
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Dan Hakulín wrote:I have to tell you guys how curious I'm about start of Wales Rally GB :D. After few years finally comes Czech driver in WRC car - Martin Prokop :). Yeah and there's fight for championship coming too :trampo:. And Ott Tanak will drive fo the first time in Stobart Fiesta WRC, he is big talent coming :D.
Maybe Jan Kopecký will drive in the WRC. :trampo: And I also wish good luck to the Czech drivers! :bg:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Jan Kopecký? I think his chapter in WRC is over ;) he is going to stay with Škoda so no WRC, he might even return to circuits with Škoda in WTCC.
Don't forget that this Polo has engine from Seat (WTCC 1,6 turbo) and that transmission and gearbox so its nothing as the final car. They might be just testing dumpers and other mechanical parts :).

Martin Prokop is 2009 junior world rally champion and 2nd in PWRC the same year ;). He's been in WRC rallies for some years though.
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Since the Wales Rally is closing. Here's a season finale from 1998.

"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

The Noose wrote:Since the Wales Rally is closing. Here's a season finale from 1998.

I was there. happened 2 corners after where I was standing, but as Margam Park is just open parkland we could see it all happening.
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, that was one of those legendary moments. I remember following the race and when I saw Mäkinen's crash I though "why did they intentionally put the stone blocks there?!" At that time I didn't follow Rallying very much (hey, I was under 10 years old at that point..) but that was propably the only race I followed that year. And then I saw the famous interview of Mäkinen which was interrupted and then it's time for "what, what". :D It felt so great to see Mäkinen get the title anyway.

Who knows, maybe we could get something similar this time.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

And then Hirvonen decides to be his traditional self and create a huge anti climax right at the beginning. :|
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Just watched that video, you have to be really sorry for Carlos, there can be nothing more gutting than literally seeing the world championship just a short distance away and then suddenly, everything blows up in your face. That said, excluding the reliability, I think the Corolla was a better car than the Evo V was, but that's my opinion.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Double post, but the fact that yet again a DS3 WRC has had a leak and caught fire concerns me somewhat.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

As expected, Ogier leaves Citroen for 2012. Hirvonen will be 2nd pilot of Citroen. Situation of Ogier gets interesting, he has three possibilities: first and the most sensful is that he is joining Latvala in Ford (Ogiet negotiated with Ford already, year ago but he decided to stay with Citroen). Or he can take year off and do some testing with VW and drive their Polo WRC in 2013 as first driver. Or he might join MINI as replacement of Meeke whos position remains not as strong. I'd say he is going to Ford, but he is young enough to wait a year for VW which is understand to be very promising. We'll see :).
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Hirvonen goes to Citroen? That might be exciting and interesting. :misch: And we'll also see if Loeb won't defend his title. :P
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I think Hirvonen won't be allowed to push Loeb too much. He is going to be number 2, though he might be allowed to try his best in Sweden and Finland. Quesnel (Citroen WRT boss) wants Loeb to be champion ;). I see Latvala and Ogier as possible tittle contenders for next year against Loeb :nod:.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Yup. :nod: Everything can happen next year, so we're looking forward for it. :)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

A nice and recommendable YT channel for WRC fans :yummy: : http://www.youtube.com/user/WRCforeva
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

So the Rallye Monte Carlo is coming again :). It starts this Tuesday, you can follow results here.

Solberg in factory Fiesta and Hirvonen in factory DS3 in their first rally for new teams, Latvala as number 1 and Loeb as ultimate favourite. I'm very curious about Tanak and Neuville battle, these up and coming guys are very young and very talented :yummy: :D. Last rally for Henning Solberg and Matthew Wilson. Will Novikov finish without accident? Will Delecour be still competitive? Will MINI drivers show good pace? And battle between S2000 drivers like Ogier, Abbring, Bouffier or Breen and Proton drivers :D. Many interesting things to watch at RMC :D.