F1 - Season 2014 *Spoilers*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: F1 - Season 2014 *Spoilers*

Post by Mad Dan »

I know he is old and it is obvious it goes like that in the world anyway :). I just wish he was not in charge of F1 already ;).
puttz

Post by puttz »

Mad Dan wrote:I know he is old and it is obvious it goes like that in the world anyway :). I just wish he was not in charge of F1 already ;).
Don't hold your breath.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Well... I don't know which one is worse, the sport being run by an old man who brings up some bad ideas every now and again, or a faceless company / someone who doesn't really even know what F1 is.

I mean, while Bernie has taken the championship into countries that have just zero racing pedigree, we also have to thank him for the fact that we even have races like Spa still in the calendar.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

1nsane wrote:Well... I don't know which one is worse, the sport being run by an old man who brings up some bad ideas every now and again, or a faceless company / someone who doesn't really even know what F1 is.

I mean, while Bernie has taken the championship into countries that have just zero racing pedigree, we also have to thank him for the fact that we even have races like Spa still in the calendar.
Really, we already have both... Bernie works for CVC, the company that owns F1, and they care about money (to pay off all the debt they went into to buy F1) and nothing else.

From what I've read, I think the FIA has done more to save the old tracks than Bernie, he's always talking about how he's going to cut one or the other if they don't pay more...
I like short, simple signatures!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Well the Parabolica at Monza is getting pretty sterile and harmless too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Mad Dan wrote:Well the Parabolica at Monza is getting pretty sterile and harmless too.
But they work to recreate the old monza-oval, too.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Sebastian Vettel is leaving Red Bull on the end of the season! :shock: :o Danil Kwjat will drive a Red Bull next year and Alonso is changing to Mclaren-Honda. Now is the question, who will drive with Alonso at Mclaren and who will drive with Verstappen at Toro Rosso.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

RobertRacer99 wrote:Now is the question, who will drive with Alonso at Mclaren and who will drive with Verstappen at Toro Rosso.
Don't know about McLaren driver, but i am pretty sure, that in Toro Rosso will be some rookie ;)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Well there might be even Carlos Sainz Jr. in Toro Rosso or they might keep J.E. Vergne :). Vettel might come to McLaren instead of Ferrari.
I hope Magnussen will be able to stay in McLaren..
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Wow! What a changes! Toro Rosso will take some new guy - that's why this team is existing. Also I'd want to see Magnussen still in McLaren. I think Vettel may goes to Ferrari. They would want him I think. But what with Button?
ALL TRACKS
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

YoNnie wrote:But what with Button?
2 possibilities:

1st: Alonso is changing to Mclaren. ----> Button will retire from F1 (or from Motorsport general).
2nd: Alonso make 1 year break.-----> Button is still driving for Mclaren.

PS: I don't belive in a 3 cars team.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I'd hate to see that crybaby Vettel in ferrari though :D.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

@RobertRacer99: Yup, I also don't believe in 3 cars teams. But, please correct me if I'll make mistake, but isn't Button connected with RX? More and more well-known drivers, after huge career in open-wheels or something similar changes it for Rallycross.
ALL TRACKS
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

He only said that those cars are pretty exciting, although his father was a name in rallycross in past :). That is Buttons connection to RX, he'd be interesting driver there for sure.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Mad Dan wrote:I'd hate to see that crybaby Vettel in ferrari though :D.
Well.. Crybaby Vettel replaces crybaby Alonso, so nothing changes... :P

This kind of shuffle was to be expected, since Alonso has been disappointed by the team for years and Vettel had said that he'd like to drive a Ferrari during his career and this was that one chance that might not happen later. Overall it's a good thing, especially since now an "older" talent will get a Toro Rosso seat which probably wouldn't have happened otherwise. Vergne most likely won't stay because of the 2-3 years and you're out policy. But if for example Sauber was smart, they'd replace one driver with him.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

#prayforJules
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

My most un-favourite driver will be driving in my most favourite team. #F**kMyLife

Edit: I I... I mean Vettel of course
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

RobertRacer99 wrote:#prayforJules
The crash images :sick: Not disturbing enough to consider them graphic but sickening nevertheless.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I hope this will end better than the one of Maria de Villota. :scared:
marass

Post by marass »

I can get over it yet, I saw few pictures, and it does not look good. I hope it will not go to some paranoia about no racing in rain, or always a safety car or something like this.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Trigger Happy wrote:I hope this will end better than the one of Maria de Villota. :scared:
Both crashes have similarities to each other. A deja-vu situation for Marussia. Hope, Jules will survive and get well again. :vsad: But I think, his season is over. :vsad: :(
marass wrote:I can get over it yet, I saw few pictures, and it does not look good. I hope it will not go to some paranoia about no racing in rain, or always a safety car or something like this.
Hope not! I think, after that crash there will be a little bit better/stronger safety regulations. But no rain races/rain=always SC would make F1 less spectacular.
Last edited by RobertRacer on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

From the images it's a bit strange one, as from some angles it looks like it wasn't that big, but from others it looks like almost the whole engine cover was ripped apart. Then in one or two it looks like a bit of the front of the rollbar was gone. Then there also were scratches all over the front of the car. But having seen the look in the Sky broadcaster's (Jake or something) eyes, it must have looked bad.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The cover could be damaged only on left side and then ripped apart by marshals (for own safety, more room to recover driver body etc)?
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

It is a possibility of course. However I am not sure, if that is the case.

From my examination (which is of course an hypothesis from informations I know) Bianchi had lost grip on a watersplash at ~ 200 km/h, and hit the tractor with the left side. From the huge speed difference and because the tractor is higher built, the Marussia's top part is partially decapitated. However, that doesn't explain me, why the right front tyre is missing from the car. Is it lost because of the impact with tyre barrier or the car has been stuck for a short period under tractor and because of the pendulum did the car rotate to the other side? But then the right side would be more wrecked...

Update from the latest released statement: "The CT scan shows that he has suffered a severe head injury and is currently undergoing surgery. Following this, he will be moved to intensive care where he will be monitored."
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Mika Salo, who was a part of the FIA "jury" this weekend, has said in the MTV3 broadcast that their footage showed Bianchi hitting the tractor face first. So maybe, hopefully, it mostly hit with the left sidepod, but because of the way the rear of the tractor was shaped it also clipped the rollbar ripping some of that area off in the impact..

Edit: Ok, just saw some new pictures which show the car properly... Nasty stuff. Looks awfully lot like Wheldon's car...