Games creators

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Gzehoo

Games creators

Post by Gzehoo »

Sorry if there was similar topic, I didn't find on the forum any topic about this. Anyway...

I was wondering if they're people who ever tried to create his own game/application. By programming or using click & create type program (like The Games Factory/Multimedia Fusion).

At this moment, I'm working on my own game with using Multimedia Fusion 2.
Here are some videos from my game (in Polish):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUrDF_mHELc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTUWdtNOLos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fBCxEzRDt4

And what about you? Have you ever tried to create your own game/application?
Last edited by Gzehoo on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bird

Re: Games creators

Post by Bird »

Wow Gzehoo, that's cool! When you're making your own game, it's like an endless loop of creativity coming through your mind and that's a great feeling. Do you experience that too?
When I still went to school, I also made my own game. Inspired by an old dream of me to make my own RPG (but I was too young to deal with the complicated RPG-Maker XP). So I forgot it long time and through pure random when browsing through old DOS-websites, I found a very old RPG-engine for MS-DOS (called OHRDOS). Totally flashed through the simplicity of this old programm, I started to make my dream come true: my own RPG. Actually my last two years in school, I was more interested in the game than anything else (the nights were not dominated by sleeping, but more by the flashing monitor light of my Windows 98 PC). It even spoiled my exam results, but it was totally worth it. No regrets!
Supporter of Windows 98
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

I tried to make a game on Game Maker and RPG Maker but back then I was a sucker for coding. With Game Maker though, I managed to make two games; Falcon Kart and Rally The Master. Sadly they're too simple, it's far from complete.

I have Falcon Kart on my cloud storage, while for RTM it's vanished as time flies, but RTM used a Mario Kart engine for GE. I could send you the Falcon Kart here but I'm on mobile atm.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

Bird wrote:Wow Gzehoo, that's cool! When you're making your own game, it's like an endless loop of creativity coming through your mind and that's a great feeling. Do you experience that too?
Yeah I must agree it's a great feeling. When you try first time to create your own game, sometimes you can't stop doing that.

I started creating my own game very long time ago, in 2012. After that, I still have some ideas for my game although I'm not programming but using only click & create program like MMF2. I'm going to create my game in two language versions (Polish & English) and I hope for a little success.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeaah, I've worked on many games, most of them have failed and never finished, though.

This one we did in a couple of days for an english class for a "trade fair" thing. The final level was made impossible so no one could go through the game because it would crash at that point.. :D

Earlier this year I did this: http://breakthewall.1nsane.net/ It's not really a proper game, more a tech test on webGL and browser/HTML5 gaming. Maybe I'll use the information on doing something more proper, though. I've also been coding an infinite sudoku, but that has also been paused for now while I'm doing some proper software. Oh, and beware, that software might crash your browser if you don't have a good enough computer. The fps will suffer at least.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

[...]most of them have failed and never finished, though.
Me too.

Pong
Square racing
both 2 players

Edit: I made this game in C++ and Allegro
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6