View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Travel to Krakow 

GeneRally Carmaster

Post Travel to Krakow
I guess this could have been asked in private, but I'm going to do this here. Around easter, me and some of us are planning to have a trip to Krakow, and I was thinking if a local could help out with several infos about the city (and probably even be a local guide). I have good experiences either with being the tourist (thanks again Ivo! :bg:), or the guide (see you again in Budapest, marass!).

So I would like to ask mostly the Polish friends, if any of you is into lending a helping hand to a bunch of people for 4 days? If you do, tell me in any way (here or in PM)!

Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:58 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: Travel to Krakow
Beautiful city, have been there twice and for sure you should visit Wawel, historical place :bg:

Herbal wrote:
I hope you find someone here as a guide :)I have good experiences either with being ... the guide (see you again in Budapest, marass!).

Good to know, I already thinking about to visit Budapest in summer :scratch:

Last edited by zgr on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:18 pm

I've been there twice, including the WYD in last year. That was an awesome event! The city hardly could handle about 1 million of pilgrims. A truly unforgettable experience.

(Realises that the post ISN'T about WYD...)

Apart from great atmosphere (in metaphorical meaning only. It's one of the most polluted cities in Poland :( ) it has astonishing market square which is located near Wawel- about 10 minutes of walking. If you're interested in military and/or aviation (like me) you definitely should visit the Polish Museum of Aviation, which has over 100 airplanes on the exhibition including the most famous ones, such as Supermarine Spitfire (unfortunately not K5054 :D ) and Sopwith Camel as well as the only remaining Polish fighter from WWII. I wish I could spend an entire day in it :P In the neighbourhood there is a Wieliczka salt mine which was founded in the medieval era and I think, that is still active to this day. Definitely worth spending several hours.

I hope that it'll be helpful and I wish you a nice trip :)

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:27 pm
Profile E-mail

GeneRally Carmaster

If You like something like that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_with_an_Ermine

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]