The News Thread

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
1nsane

Re: News Thread

Post by 1nsane »

And on to the local news, there's nothing big going on. It's a nice and sunny night and every tree is smiling. Wait, I'm hearing that a person called Doorslammer has gone to holiday and is now starting up new threads rapidly! Stay tuned on our channel to get the latest update on this. Our news helicopter will be at the scene very soon!

Ok, then going for the actual topic. _Nothing_ has happened. The trains will be late tomorrow, but that's not news. That's propably more like train forecast. Uhh... Ahhh.... Hmm... Nope nothing really. The snow haven't affected us that much. It's a shame our schools won't close no matter how much there's snow outside. :D
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

1nsane wrote:And on to the local news, there's nothing big going on. It's a nice and sunny night and every tree is smiling. Wait, I'm hearing that a person called Doorslammer has gone to holiday and is now starting up new threads rapidly! Stay tuned on our channel to get the latest update on this. Our news helicopter will be at the scene very soon!
Slow news day, then?

Well, in worldwide news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12040303

Going bald? Well, take this drug. Now being bald is the least of your worries... ;)
resir014

Post by resir014 »

@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Maybe it'll be Tiff Needell? that would be funny xD (reference to the last Top Gear episode in the series, where Tiff did the Reasonably Price Car tutoring ;) )
Thunderstrucker

The Global Tragedies Thread

Post by Thunderstrucker »

After the earthquake that hit Japan yesterday, I decided to make this thread.

Hope that our friend Masa is fine, and wish well for his family.

Let's talk about this and other tragedies in this thread.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
1nsane

Re: The Global Tragedies Thread

Post by 1nsane »

I wrote pretty much about it in the gala thread already so i don't want to copy myself too much, but... Yeah..

We can really thank the regulations in Japan that the situation didn't get any worse than it is now. Without those this would be pretty much a repetition of what happened in 2004, or what happened in Haiti.

I can't imagine how horrifying it has been to be in those trains that got in the tsunami. I really hope they let the people out early enough.
The quake actually kept on going for such a long time too. It takes long over a minute before it finally stops completely. And then all the after quakes. These nights must have been long. And now also those people who got exposed to the radiation. You would never want to have such a 3 in one packet...

On a totally selfish side, this will surely change my own future plans quite a lot. I was thinking about visiting Japan during summer, but right now the partner who I was supposed to go with is not too sure if he wants to go there. I was also thinking about joining a school/work project in Japan next winter, but I'm not sure whether they will actually do it next year..
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

I hope people there are fine...

It's really sad to see how an 8.9 earthquake hits Japan, and creates Tsunami to other countries, including Papua (one of Indonesia's provinces). I saw the news that Papua got hit by a tsunami.

What I say is, this is definitely the saddest moment after the Aceh Tsunami that not only Aceh got hit but other South East Asian countries in 2004.

All prayers to the people there...
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Would be better as a General News Thread? But yeah, Japan, NZ, Australia, Brazil (and the UK in a way) is a bit broken at the moment.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Everyone's ignored that a smaller earthquake (albeit much smaller) hit China the day before... but that's not to belittle the fact that Japan was a tragedy, China wasn't really.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Lukeno94 wrote:Everyone's ignored that a smaller earthquake (albeit much smaller) hit China the day before... but that's not to belittle the fact that Japan was a tragedy, China wasn't really.
There were many smaller (still pretty big!) earthquakes in the area before the "big one"... that's often how earthquakes work.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... es_big.php
I like short, simple signatures!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Doorslammer wrote:Would be better as a General News Thread? But yeah, Japan, NZ, Australia, Brazil (and the UK in a way) is a bit broken at the moment.
I know. We got quite a few mini earthquakes hitting us a few months ago with the biggest one being a 3.0. I didn't notice any of them though. :P
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Any news about Masa's condition?
Alex

Post by Alex »

resir014 wrote:Any news about Masa's condition?
He's ok. He launched his F1 2011 pack yesterday and said it didn't hit his area much.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

bduddy wrote:
Lukeno94 wrote:Everyone's ignored that a smaller earthquake (albeit much smaller) hit China the day before... but that's not to belittle the fact that Japan was a tragedy, China wasn't really.
There were many smaller (still pretty big!) earthquakes in the area before the "big one"... that's often how earthquakes work.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... es_big.php
Indeed, yesterday when I last checked it, there was nearly 300 of these at least 5 richter big earthquakes.

And indeed, last evening I was worried for our Indonesian fellows, since I read about the tsunami hitting Indonesia quite hard too. But indeed, it hit a different area. But still, it was bad and I hope those missing people will be found.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Doorslammer wrote:Would be better as a General News Thread?
I think so, topics merged. ;)

BTW about the power-plant Fukushima I. Sometimes I hear questions in news, if the power-plant was built well or if the designers underestimated the dangers. Today director of Czech office for safety in nuclear facilities told: ''They counted with so strong the earthquake and the power-plant survived it well. But they didn't count with the wave, which had 7,5 m - the project was built to resist to wave of 6,5 m.''
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Some MOTHERF***** man killed 11 students on a school 1,5 km from mine one without reason, and now all Brazil and part of international press are covering this thriller.
What let a people to do it?
EDIT?:Wrong thread sorry. Please move to News thread
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Solved. :)
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

S. Manzur wrote:Some MOTHERF***** man killed 11 students on a school 1,5 km from mine one without reason, and now all Brazil and part of international press are covering this thriller.
What let a people to do it?
EDIT?:Wrong thread sorry. Please move to News thread
I saw it, that guy suicided after that...

[offtopic]Manzur, do you live in Realengo?[/offtopic]
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Yes, i live. My school(the College Pedro II) are 1,5 km(6 min by car) from the School Tassio da Silveira.
What about a memorial GR track? Me, you, Santana and Bohessef co-op?
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

I don't think we'll get any bigger news than this for a while
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Alex

Post by Alex »

But why bury him at sea? :really: And why has it taken almost 10 years to capture him and kill him? :really: This sounds fishy. :scared:
Owner of Team GeneAlex
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Alex wrote:This sounds fishy.
:doh:

yeah i dont get this either, but i guess they have to do something :shrug:

edit: ok apparently its Islamic tradition to be buried at sea within 24 hours
Last edited by Bouncebackability on Mon May 02, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

It's so great that Obama and Osama have such similar names. This morning when I read the news I read "UK: Obama's death is best for all of us". And I was like... "what...". Then I read it again and it said Osama. :doh:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

So world champion in hide-and-seek rests in deep?

Good job, even if I would prefer catching him alive and putting him in front of a trial. :shrug: