Has anyone tried "Circuit Superstars" ?

Here you can discuss other GeneRally-like projects.
Strava
GeneRally Wizard

Has anyone tried "Circuit Superstars" ?

Post by Strava »

I still play GeneRally a lot and continue to make cars and tracks and I would :banana: LOVE :banana: to see GR2 come to completion.

In the meantime, while we wait, this game may be a worthy successor to GR.
It's a top down, keyboard game with excellent graphics, physics, and AI.
The cars are "Tooned"* short and wide just like GR.
There are 14 vehicles and 15 locations with a total of 32 tracks.

Check it out here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1097130#scrollTop=0
And Here https://store.steampowered.com/app/1097 ... uperstars/

( Tooned as in made to look like a cartoon / cartoonish )
20220430134504_1.jpg
20220430134935_1.jpg
20220430011348_1.jpg
20220430015410_1.jpg
20220430015328_1.jpg
Good Luck & Good Racing
Kikwik

Re: Has anyone tried "Circuit Superstars" ?

Post by Kikwik »

I was on their Discord being very active but I left some time ago. They have one of the most kind community I ever seen in video games. Lot of members like Black Rebel are playing Circuit Superstars now.

I like it too, but (nitpicky time here) even if the physics are well done, they still lack some grip for some like the F1 (it drift in corners even if tires are not worned yet) and lack some weight and inertia, resulting in no braking at all for nearly all cars except the Bonk for example (the truck). And lot of near essential features are missing like a save feature in Championship (you have to do all races in one go, each race could be with 15 laps each) and a record of our personnal times on circuits in single player.

It lacks a good track and car editor too, but this game is worth it for any GR fans. Knowing that they're only 6 people working on it or literally pouring their heart and passion on it we can forgive them and be patient. They're really kind too as developers. Lot of competitions are held weekly too. The graphics are fantastic and even if I ranted on some things it's good enough already to enjoy our time on it. It's a really good game and I'm happy that you discovered it Strava, you'll not regret it. Have fun !

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

The creators of Circuit Superstars originally posted here when it was called Apex Racing League. It is heavily inspired by GR and I have seen quite a few names floating around the leaderboards that I recognise. :goal:

It's not my ideal sequel to GR mostly because I admit I take more fun and pride in making content but it's a lot of fun and I really recommend it. As Kikwik said, the community has been amazing and they're worth supporting. :bg:

Fun little side fact, they took a lot of inspiration from a lot of us here, one of the devs got in touch with me personally to ask about some tips on environment creation, which I thought was pretty neat :goodvibes: they did use GR to test track designs :shock:
View my archived circuits/cars here
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Hey Crowella ! :goal:
It's not my ideal sequel to GR mostly because I admit I take more fun and pride in making content
Yeah I'm like you on this, the creation process in everything is so satisfying. And as artists it's nice to add our touch to a world.
GR is heavily moddable too, Circuit Superstars not at all at the moment but maybe later ?
Fun little side fact, they took a lot of inspiration from a lot of us here, one of the devs got in touch with me personally to ask about some tips on environment creation, which I thought was pretty neat :goodvibes: they did use GR to test track designs :shock:
That's really cool to hear, congrats Crowella ! Yes they told us on Discord that GR brings them a lot, and they played it years ago. We can retrieve one of Alberto Mastretta's track on the GR Database, he confirmed it was him who made it and the track's name was inspired by one of James Bond movies.

They're also responsible of Mastretta mexican car's line (more from their parents though). So they know their stuff about cars and racing.

Great and lovely developers, very kind communication between devs and players, one of the best community out there, great game. Hope they'll succeed.

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I have also played Circuit Superstars quite a bit and I agree with everything said by Crowella and Kikwik above. I've used the nick Ihramon(ster) in Circuit Superstars, in case someone recognizes it. It would be cool we could arrange a "meet" of GR people in Circuit Superstars and race together!
Crowella wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:46 pm Fun little side fact, they took a lot of inspiration from a lot of us here, one of the devs got in touch with me personally to ask about some tips on environment creation, which I thought was pretty neat :goodvibes: they did use GR to test track designs :shock:
I was approached similarly by the devs :drunk: That been said, track design is probably the biggest shortcoming of the game in my eyes. The tracks are mostly rather unimaginative and samey.
One

Post by One »

Very good game and very nice community.
Lacks the sandbox aspect and creative tools of GeneRally to me, but it's a very nice project.
a.k.a Lyserg and previously GeneHunter
Nico Minardi

Post by Nico Minardi »

:) :loveyou:
Circuit Superstars 4 x World Champion & European Champion, World Record Holder
Find me on YouTube, Twitch, IG & FB