how about a gran turismo chat?? :D

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
1nsane

Re: how about a gran turismo chat?? :D

Post by 1nsane »

The new interior idea for standard cars works pretty well on the open wheelers. I'm also happy to see that they have modified the handling of the PD Formula on pad to be a bit more controllable. Now it's not a pure guessing game on when the car will turn and how much it will turn. Otherwise I haven't driven the game enough on Spec 2 to say much about it. The new spring system definitely is for good, though!

I'm not too sure about that DLC batch. The trackpack, containing just Spa and the Kart tracks costs 4,99$, which is quite a lot. The whole package with everything costs 11,99$ which also is a bit too much, considering the fact that no one cares about the paints or especially the suits and helmets. Unfortunately the same goes for the cars too, since they just add yet another version of Skyline and all of those other Japanese cars that already are flooding in from windows and doors in the game. If they wanted to add some cars, they should have gone for the territories that didn't already have that many of premium cars. I, for one, would have liked to see a certain Holden done in Premium. And maybe something... I don't know... European?
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Razzoy

Post by Razzoy »

i just got a logitech g27 steering wheel for my birthday, and gt5 is soo much fun with that wheel, especially when theres force feedback on. its much more challenging to play gt5 now! :-)
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

About a week ago I finished the 4 hour Tsukuba race. Something went badly wrong and my whole save got corrupted and I had to start GT5 all over again :D I feel quite confident since my B-spec driver is now called K. Kobayashi :P
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Alex

Post by Alex »

Has anyone heard of Gran Turismo 2000, aka the Alpha version of GT3?:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

IT EXISTS!!!! :faint:

Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

O RLY? :P

BTW, i would love to see Seattle, Rome Circuit and Rome Night for GR :scratch:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Seattle in GR would be awesome :bg: Actually, a lot of the GT tracks in GR would be awesome. And I do believe that all of the street tracks in GT4 are based around real life roads.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

*cough* Soooo... who is on GT6? AzumangaDavo is, and he sucks terribly at racing!

Loving the range of cars, seems to get better and better as time goes by.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

GT6 looks really great, but there arent any endurance races :hide:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

FRUKIScze wrote:GT6 looks really great, but there arent any endurance races :hide:
I notice the GT series tends to shake up what it stands for quite a lot. This game seems to rely more heavily on bought content rather than rewards in-game. I guess that's the future though. Lack of endurance racing? Well, guess it just doesn't have the people power it needs yet. It'll be back soon no doubt though. In the meantime, online racing is how you make it, luckily it's very customised. :)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Or maybe endurance races takes a lot of space on disc, so they will make FREE DLC with these endurance races :3 Or it will be secret somewhere in menu, and it will be unlocked, when you reach unique count of stars. (Like S. Vettel challenge unlocked in GT5 after level 30)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I've asked this for a christmas present, so expect me to start posting about this more around that time. :P

But as they have said themselves, it will propably take another year before the game is in its final state and all of the promised features are in. So I'd guess some endurance races are included in the ToDo list. They just had to rush the game out since releasing it any later would have been a suicide for the company.

That said, I can't wait to have the track editor + GPS tracking system available. I'm surely going to take my phone for a walk through the forest once it's out.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

1nsane wrote:I've asked this for a christmas present, so expect me to start posting about this more around that time. :P

But as they have said themselves, it will propably take another year before the game is in its final state and all of the promised features are in. So I'd guess some endurance races are included in the ToDo list. They just had to rush the game out since releasing it any later would have been a suicide for the company.

That said, I can't wait to have the track editor + GPS tracking system available. I'm surely going to take my phone for a walk through the forest once it's out.
True, can't wait to see what the other toys will bring!
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Got GT6 today, btw here is my PSN ID: ottowilson
Thunderstrucker

I also got GT6, and you can add the red PSN ID in my signature, cuz that's the one I'm using.

bduddy

Post by bduddy »

GT6 does look interesting, but still no PS3 for me... instead I am enjoying it through LP videos -_-
I like short, simple signatures!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

After 1 day report:

Man this game is good. It's what the GT5 should have been. The races don't take too long to load. (Well, they've hidden it to another part where it doesn't matter as much as just seeing a rotating animation). The cars feel just so much better, although there are still some cars that feel like they're just bricks with wheels. I really don't think that multi race winning Mercedes is as understeery as it is in the game. The tracklist seems more complete and has about all of the legendary tracks in now. Apricot Hill, woo!

Seems like PD has gotten very lenient with the time limits for the licenses and missions. In GT4 my average trophy color was bronze, in GT5 it was silver and now in GT6 I've easily gotten gold in the first two licenses. But the coffee breaks are still as nerve wrecking and hellish as ever. Fun breaks, bah.

I kinda wish they rewarded more cars. Now that the game doesn't even have the used car dealership to give a random list of cars, I just don't get those new nice experiences with cars I haven't driven before. The car dealership is just waay too messy to dig through it. They should at least have a way to filter the cars by the drivetrains and stuff like that. Now it's a daunting task to first try to figure out which manufacturer might do a car that fits the requirements and still provides a good car. I know, there's the recommended cars section, but that's even less fun way of choosing the car.

Day 2 report:

I really hope they'll drop this Red Bull garbage for the next game. Driving that thing through Goodwood was about as fun as stabbing my hand five times. No wait, that might be more exciting. The car is just too fast and doesn't react quickly enough to the controller so it turns when you've already overshot the apex and keeps on turning when you're already on the straight. And the car is so fast the game doesn't have enough of time to load everything it needs so it does causes freezing which causes me to lose focus constantly.
The same goes for the karts. They're fun to drive in real life, but that's because you drive those with your butt. You don't get that feeling while sitting on a couch, so there's just no warning of when you're going over the limit.

It's actually pretty hilarious how they haven't rewrote the car info since GT4. So in the description of HSC '03 they talk about the current NSX. But the car haven't even existed for the last ~10 years... :D

Also did the iB lisence, still getting pretty easy golds. Although seeing Alien Wilson's driving lines helped quite a bit this time. :P

And most importantly, I started to spend on cars that won't be of any use for the races: https://plus.google.com/photos/11588294 ... 8421147009
Looks like my Italian supercar needs will be satisfied with this game. Just have to get the Zonda and some others...
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

I tested GT6 quickly in Arcade Mode and I flipped my Jagge three times during two laps in Deep Forest. And it looked like the car had weight of a feather... Not like in NFS Shifts where the car rolls quite nicely.
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Thunderstrucker

1nsane wrote:Driving that thing through Goodwood was about as fun as stabbing my hand five times. No wait, that might be more exciting. The car is just too fast and doesn't react quickly enough to the controller so it turns when you've already overshot the apex and keeps on turning when you're already on the straight.
I changed my steering sensitivity to 7 (the highest possible). It was only after doing that, that I could finish the event. And I got a gold. :rofl:

You can also check my GT6 photos here. I'll upload more soon.

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

If you finish that stage in RedBull, you will always get gold :D
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, the times on that challenge were ridiculously high. I got a 29.xxx time once I managed to do it cleanly. I also had the steering sensitivity at max, can't remember if I still had the active steering on when I actually managed to go through it, propably not. It helped with the wheels straightening more quickly after turns, but it made the actual cornering too extreme so I might have turned it off at some point. Still, there's just too much lag in the response for the car to be any sort of fun to drive.

Also, more complaining, yeah! It's pretty silly how they've created a rubber band for the AI for GT6. Up until the last lap the car behind you gets some impossible straight line acceleration and top speed values. This was especially notable in some of the one make races. In the BMW one I had one of the slower BMWs possible for that race deemed as the god racer. While the other similar makes would fall behind constantly, this one car somehow managed to get sime silly high top speeds on the main straight, which kept on bringing him back right behind me. Then on the final lap he just forgets everything and falls behind by at least 10 seconds. The same happened in the Prius race, where a couple of the opponents just miraculously got a 40kph boost in top speed for the main straight. Meanwhile the AI karts have some strange acceleration curves which allow them to get back to speed way faster than you, while still having a higher top speed than you. And if somehow you aren't first before the last lap the cars in front of you just stop to let you by.

And then they've made the AI more agressive so they try to block your moves. It's a cute idea, but now they do some Maldonado moves on you, hitting you while going down the straights of De La Sarthe. It's quite unbelievable. I'll propably go through the GT championship tomorrow to get to iA, but if the AI just keeps on being as ridiculously bad, I'll just stop there and start waiting for more seasonal events...
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Hi, i found a glitch in the Nordschleife in GT4 , the GP Circuit sure go to appear in GT4, but i don't know why not appears :worried: , and sorry for :bump: