how about a gran turismo chat?? :D

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Razzoy

how about a gran turismo chat?? :D

Post by Razzoy »

i was just lissening to the music from the gt 1 (i was really REALLY bored :P) and then i thinked about making a chat of this, let me see some GT fans write something about it ;)
Mr.J

Re: how about a gran turismo chat?? :D

Post by Mr.J »

Waiting for GT5 :kickcan:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Razzoy

Post by Razzoy »

me too -.- but if "Polyphony Digital" make thier "soo far" promise of the realese at november, then i'll probably get it on my birthday :P
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Mr.J wrote:Waiting for GT5 :kickcan:
+1.

I was really hoping to get it for summer so I would actually have some time to play it. Now it seems to come during churisumasu, so the schools will start soon after getting the game and there won't be time anymore.

And I need to get a new wheel for that. And some sort of a movable table where to attach it to.
But oh man that game will be massive once it gets released! The time trial thingie they gave away last year was just great, and even that had the "bad physics". They have slipped from the original time plan quite a lot though, since GT5 was supposed to be a release game for PS3, and then it was supposed to come the same year as PS3, and then it was supposed to come the next year to beat Forza, and then it was supposed to come the next spring... And then it was supposed to come the next autumn... And then the next spring.. Then the next summer... Next autumn. Next... You know... They need to rename it Gran Turismo Forever soon. :uglylol:

I never played GT4 completely through. It destroyed my save when I had played over 25% of it, and I had bought pretty much every used car model there were in the stores. So I kinda lost the interest, just let the B-driver race until I got back to 25% and got enough of money for the black cars and had all of the tracks opened. I still played the arcade mode randomly every now and then until I bought PS3 and started to wait for GT5.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Forza runs at 350hz and GT5 only on 120hz. Soon as GT creators has seen my post, GT5 will be better than forza 3... :sherlock:
It means that forza 3 overall gameplay is still better.
1100 cars and incredible driver graphics doesnt make the game the best simulator on the planet. I think LFS is still the best simulator avaible.
GT4 physics was crap, Forza 3 physics is the best physics for consoles right now, I bet that GT5 will be better.
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Does Forza has damage-physics? If you wanna have a good simulator it got to have damage-physichs.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
resir014

Post by resir014 »

I have GT2, 3 and 4 but I never played them now. Now waiting for GTGR :P
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

GRF wrote:Does Forza has damage-physics? If you wanna have a good simulator it got to have damage-physichs.
Of course it does!
Better than GT5 damage.
Everything in the car gets damage if you have the simulation mode on (I have always :bg: )
even tyres explode (if weared completely). Too bad I cant show you a picture of all the things at forza. theres list of all the things happening on your car and you can open it even if you are in a event.
...... ಠ_ಠ
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Sutinen wrote:
GRF wrote:Does Forza has damage-physics? If you wanna have a good simulator it got to have damage-physichs.
Of course it does!
Better than GT5 damage.
Humdum, how can you compare between something that hasn't been even released yet... Although I have to say, Forza really has a pretty nice damage model, although it is still quite forgiving compared to, say... Simulations.
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

i had a stupid idea when I played GT4. I saved every new car I get and tuned them as powerfull as possible. Damn that was boring. I can drive Costa Di Amalfi both eyes close using only my feet :P
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

1nsane wrote:
Sutinen wrote:
Of course it does!
Better than GT5 damage.
Humdum, how can you compare between something that hasn't been even released yet... Although I have to say, Forza really has a pretty nice damage model, although it is still quite forgiving compared to, say... Simulations.
Sorry I meant GT5 demo damage. :hide:
...... ಠ_ಠ
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Sutinen wrote:
1nsane wrote:
Sutinen wrote:
Of course it does!
Better than GT5 damage.
Damage-wise there have only been two good games: Viper Racing and Carmageddon...

Having a dented nose and scratched bumper when you would write-off a car in realy is hardly any better than no damage at all..
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Alonsomania wrote:
Sutinen wrote:
1nsane wrote:
Sutinen wrote:
Of course it does!
Better than GT5 damage.
Damage-wise there have only been two good games: Viper Racing and Carmageddon...

Having a dented nose and scratched bumper when you would write-off a car in realy is hardly any better than no damage at all..
TOCA Race Driver 3 wasn't bad. Wipeout had excellent visual damage, but it didn't affect the car at all. The new Codemasters F1 game looks promising... it would certainly be better then most every other official F1 game, as they've all had dreadful damage engines...
I like short, simple signatures!
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

OFF-TOPIC
Guys, you don't have to mention EVERYONE in the quotes, you can cut quotes if you're SMART ENOUGH!!!
Just that

ON-TOPIC
Btw, both Gran turismo series AND Forza suck!!! These games are about driving and not about racing. Where I have found the best races in games?? The ToCA series, from the original one (based on the '97 BTCC season) to the 3rd one on PS2 (GRiD also sucks...).
I think I'm gonna upload a video about a truck race I made some time ago in Castle combe... there you'll see how cool game races can be. It was just like the real thing, I could only pass on a couple of spots and they could only pass me in the same spots.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Maybe the problem is that you're trying to have simulator on console :P
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

bduddy wrote:
Alonsomania wrote: Damage-wise there have only been two good games: Viper Racing and Carmageddon...

TOCA Race Driver 3 wasn't bad. Wipeout had excellent visual damage, but it didn't affect the car at all. The new Codemasters F1 game looks promising... it would certainly be better then most every other official F1 game, as they've all had dreadful damage engines...
I'd add 1nsane to the list, it did the damage modelling a bit different way, though.

Viper Racing had a nice damage model. It was so unforgiving.

@Die996: Yeah, well... As a racing game GT-series is propably not that good because of the little grids, but as a driving game it can be rated as one of the best. So I wouldn't call any of these crap. I guess you wouldn't like TDU either? That is such a great game when you just have the group to drive with. Not to race with, just to go around the island and do fun stuff. We have been playing it activelly since the release of PC Beta. And it should continue on with TDU 2, once it is released.

And then, to the actual racing part. I kinda didn't like the ToCA 3. The AI wasn't exactly smart. And it was pretty uneven. I'd say that the best racing (with AI) I have experienced in Flatout 1 and 2. Those are pretty much the only games that feel like there is someone driving the cars.
As for the best racing game against other people... I'd say rFactor and Nascar Racing 2003. Many will propably say LFS..
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

die996 wrote:OFF-TOPIC
Guys, you don't have to mention EVERYONE in the quotes, you can cut quotes if you're SMART ENOUGH!!!
Just that

ON-TOPIC
Btw, both Gran turismo series AND Forza suck!!! These games are about driving and not about racing. Where I have found the best races in games?? The ToCA series, from the original one (based on the '97 BTCC season) to the 3rd one on PS2 (GRiD also sucks...).
I think I'm gonna upload a video about a truck race I made some time ago in Castle combe... there you'll see how cool game races can be. It was just like the real thing, I could only pass on a couple of spots and they could only pass me in the same spots.
Well in my opnion, forza doesnt only have the driving great, it has a good gameplay too.
You could search from forza earlier than comment, forza really doesnt suck. It has LMP, GT1, GT2, GT3, GT300, GT500, DTM and much more events & cars.
Really it doesnt suck. Why did you even mention GRiD? Its arcade...
...... ಠ_ಠ
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

I'll try to answer all the replies I have recieved...

Test drive Unlimited was a great driving game, I really enjoyed the time I had when I discovered most of the dealers just driving to them so I would have some kind of teleporting available before even knowing "King of the mountain" series. I nearly made 800km in just 2 days with an Alfa Romeo 156 V6 that could not go faster than 160mph (5-6 hours of driving). Some races were quite enjoyable but because of the roads, not the opponents.

ToCARD3's AI on some championships was not very smart but that was VERY realistic. If you think about it, F3 drivers are MUCH better than the ones who race on Classics or on a 1.6 Clio 16v. Did you ever make an over-100% difficulty DTM or V8SC race??

The only real RACING simulator I have found for PC is TC2000 (Argentinian S2000 touring car championship). It was made by the same guys that made F1 '99-'02 but the racing was better because touring car races are much more exciting than open-wheel races.

Some years ago, I had TDR 2000 (3rd and maybe last Carmageddon) and some races were quite good but there was one BIG problem: the cars were TOO different and the scenarios were sometimes very uneven for some cars.

SPECIAL MENTION: Total inmersion racing (TiR) was a mediocre racing game with some very GOOD concepts: drivers' mood, 3-class racing and a great selection of real AND fictional tracks (Minato city is one of the best street circuits I've ever seen).
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

die996 wrote:The only real RACING simulator I have found for PC is TC2000 (Argentinian S2000 touring car championship). It was made by the same guys that made F1 '99-'02 but the racing was better because touring car races are much more exciting than open-wheel races.
I don't know what you're looking with RACING simulator but surely iRacing or some is surely better than some old touring car game..
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Quklis wrote:I don't know what you're looking with RACING simulator but surely iRacing or some is surely better than some old touring car game.
What am I looking for when talking about racing simulators?? Good AI drivers, dirvers that will try to overtake me if I make a mistake or will make some "normal" (sane) moves so I don't pass them. That's what I looking for.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

die996 wrote: What am I looking for when talking about racing simulators?? Good AI drivers, dirvers that will try to overtake me if I make a mistake or will make some "normal" (sane) moves so I don't pass them. That's what I looking for.
I guess iRacing is what you're looking for then, as it's a MMO (massive multiplayer online or something) :D
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

aleksinir wrote:I guess iRacing is what you're looking for then, as it's a MMO (massive multiplayer online or something) :D
My Internet connection is not very good and online-racing sucks when you're fast... guys get angry or even quit when I'm racing at Mx vs Atv Untamed Reflex (it's not a simulator but guys quit just because they know me and they know I'm fast :winner: ).
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Guys, do you want to change matter this topic into discussion about racing sims instead only GranTurismo? If not, go back to topic, if yes, tell me and we turn wide the subject. ;)
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

aleksinir wrote:
die996 wrote: What am I looking for when talking about racing simulators?? Good AI drivers, dirvers that will try to overtake me if I make a mistake or will make some "normal" (sane) moves so I don't pass them. That's what I looking for.
I guess iRacing is what you're looking for then, as it's a MMO (massive multiplayer online or something) :D
Is it free? I would want a good free simulator for PC... :hammer:
...... ಠ_ಠ
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

No, only paid by fees (one of most expensive sim) and you can play only on-line. BTW there are only American tracks with few exemptions.