A taste for reading

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Alonsomania

Re: A taste for reading

Post by Alonsomania »

1984 is a good book, still need to read the other books by Orwell.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

:iagree:
It is really good book :D. Though farm of animals is on the simmilar theme but it doesn´t have as great atmosphere.
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Hey guys, do you like comic books? I pretty much like them, and even if I'm not a collector, I try to read all good comics that I find. So here's my list, stuff that I admire:

Some serious titles: Maus, Persepolis, Wathcmen (published in Hungarian because of the movie, thanks), I Kill Giants

More popular ones: Scott Pilgrim (haven't seen the movie though), Death Note (great plot), Spiderman (my favorite as a kid), Corto Maltese. I tried Sandman, but it's weird to me.

Some 20 years ago in Hungary only few comics were available: French ones like Pif, Asterix, Rahan etc. and the german Mosaik - all of them are really great. And of course, books drawn by Hungarian masters, there are some extraordinary works too.

My all-time favorite is a polish comic book called Funky Koval. It's an incredible sci-fi story, drawn beautifully too. It was translated to Hungarian, but only the first two parts, the last was never published and it is a shame because Funky Koval is a great great book... I could only find original Polish versions, and I'm unable to read it. Wish there were an English version... But still, it's huge, you should check it out!
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames