Web browsers

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.

What web browser you're using?

Internet Explorer
10%
Mozilla Firefox
50%
Google Chrome
30%
Safari
No votes
Opera
7%
Other, which?
3%

Total votes: 70
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Web browsers

Post by Trigger Happy »

Just checked Crome. :?

I came from Firefox and opened settings. Almost nothing. And almost nothing about privacy or not very much details to save. I like very much, that I can set in Firefox to anonymous user as default and it always deletes browsing history, downloading history, passwords, cookies, offline files and all other crap. Crome doesn't look like thing, which I can set to my wishes, to make it as ''my'' browser. :really: I will stay on Firefox.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Fair enough, but its not exactly hard to delete all your history (ctrl+H then Delete History for this day)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I open browser 20 times or more per day. I don't want to think to remind to go to settings every time before I close the thing. ;)
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Always Firefox. :D
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
ZeroCool

Post by ZeroCool »

I was using Firefox for very long time (when I installed XP) I got used to simple and clear interface and it made me stick to it for 4-5 years. Not so long ago I tried Chrome for one day because of reading some tests in papers. Chrome got better bookmarks and entering page system (I mean, if you write "ge" and press enter you're here), and few features like better on-page searching but still Foxie looks better and I'm really used to it and its features.
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

i use chrome because it's so easy for me
and it have a very very good utilitie when you don't want that your father watch the historial :hiya:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

My father shouldn't sit behind my computer anyway. Thing is mine, not his business.

Use Firefox myself as it does everything I want from a browser and i'm not such a large fan of Google.
MD

Post by MD »

Opera is the best, Opera is the best errtime I need internet Opera is the best! :drink:
...for me

I tried all of the browsers but Opera is a big help in many situations. Just like poor internet. Clever one and have more more fewer problems than Chrome, Explorer, Firefox. What is more it's far far away from the battlefields of Microsoft and Google.
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Tennisball

Post by Tennisball »

I usually use K-Meleon, sometimes Firefox, because it starts faster than Firefox (If you have an (very) old computer it's important.) and it almost has as many features as Firefox. (not so many Add-Ons, but there is Ad-Block, too).
Alex

Post by Alex »

Always used IE. Haven't had the need to get something else. Plus i've gotten too used to it to try something else.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
resir014

Post by resir014 »

I could review some of the browsers listed here.

IE had been the most unreliable of all, still fighting with security issues. And it WILL stay in your mind (or atleast, your computer :D) because if you remove it, it may cause system instability. One day, I saw from a mailing archive some guys testing a bug in IE8 which causes your twitter page to update by themselves (I still have the link, but can't post it now. I'm on a mobile phone :P)

Chrome is the fastest of all browsers, but when I tested it, it just won't fit in my PC, and when I uninstalled it, it left a load of junk files and registries.

Firefox may not be as fast as Chrome, but it is extremely reliable, with loads of addons available for install. And it's opensource. It's so popular I believe most of you guys (including me :D) using it now.

I never used Safari and Opera, although I used Opera Mini on my mobile.

PS: Has anyone tried Firefox 4 Beta? :hide:
Last edited by resir014 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

On my PC i use Firefox. :nod:

Talking about phone browsers i like Opera mini as it is faster but it feels like the first search is always very slow. And also if you have bad reception i think safari works better. But mostly i use Opera.
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

resir014 wrote:Firefox may not be as fast as Chrome, but it is extremely reliable, with loads of addons available for install. And it's opensource. It's so popular I believe most of you guys (including me :D) using it now.
Still crashes from time to time though :shrug:
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Quklis wrote:
resir014 wrote:Firefox may not be as fast as Chrome, but it is extremely reliable, with loads of addons available for install. And it's opensource. It's so popular I believe most of you guys (including me :D) using it now.
Still crashes from time to time though :shrug:
Yeah, thats one problem.
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

If I noticed well, it was because codecs and similar things. The latest versions are OK - it separates these things into another process (called plugin container.exe), so when it fails, only this process is recovered by restart, but not the mother-application so you can continue in work rest of firefox without restart (no interruption of browsing). Since this change I really noticed remarkable decrease of the crashes. :cool:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Opera is what I will use on my Win9x machine if I ever get it properly hooked up to the internet - currently it has Firefox 2. Chrome 6 still has the major bugs of the older versions, annoyingly. :(
ksm314

Post by ksm314 »

Chrome user here.

Sometimes I still use FireFox...
For those who know the game Need For Madness, please check out кรภ-ภŦ๓.๒l๏ɠรթ๏t.ς๏๓ for more of my works!
Sutinen wrote:Monkeys live in trees! MY god thats an interesting fact!1!!
Elit3noob

Post by Elit3noob »

Why do some people use Opera? Just because there's this button on the bottom-left hand side that can help you surf a bit faster (don't know what it is, I've forgotten) and tells you how much percent of the page have you loaded. Also why Google Chrome? Use Firefox- the best browser in the world.. with addons.
haha tricked you ;P
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Opera is a very good browser - from that post I'm guessing you've never used (certainly not in-depth) either Opera or Chrome. Opera is especially good for older systems - Win9x support still exists in the latest version, which Firefox hasn't supported since v2. Google Chrome started out brilliantly, but from the latest version it has become totally unusable for me, so I switched to Firefox - I went first to Safari before I discovered I couldn't save the tabs from a previous session, so went to Opera, but the lack of a smooth scrolling and a couple of very minor glitches moved me to Firefox. Which freezes regularly on anything to do with Facebook. But I no longer can be bothered to faff around with trying to find ANOTHER browser.

Fanboys make very few friends.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I know. Fanboys are just stupid. Don't complain until you try.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Indeed FF is the best one of them with the addons. Yeah, Chrome is good and Opera is nice too, but I just like the modifiability of FF.
But without plugins FF is just as good as... Well... I guess IE7 was as useless as an empty Firefox. So you could say that applicationwise FF is propably even the worst when it comes to usability. Luckily it supports some stuff that some other browsers don't that well.

So yeah... I won't be changing away from FF, and if the 4th version will end up being as empty as chrome, I propably will have to stick with v3 for a long while. Firefox and the 20 useful plugins.

Indeed, trolling/being a fanboy is fun until you come back some years later and just keep on facepalming on your own comments. :D
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Has anyone tried Internet Explorer 9? It's quite a bit faster than previous versions, and adheres to standards a lot better (one of my class websites works in IE but not FF!) although the interface is pretty weird. I was using it for a bit and enjoying it, although it has some weird conflict with MiniRacingOnline, so I reverted back to IE8 and have been using Firefox. Speaking of Firefox, I've uninstalled the FF4 beta for now because it's just too buggy... tabs disappear, then they appear on the W7 taskbar even though I've closed them...
I like short, simple signatures!
Jonzu95

Post by Jonzu95 »

Few weeks ago, I had enough about of Firefox. it took lots of my memory so I deleted it. :mad:
Then I downloaded Chrome, it doesn't take lots of memory from my computer. :bsmile:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

If I could go back to Chrome 4 and not have it update itself, that's what I would do *shrugs*
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I decided to give a chance to the Opera, one thing now actually makes me crazy - how to sort bookmarks by random (own) order, please? It's all just alphabetically and I cannot move it. :?