Music taste

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Paw

Re: Music taste

Post by Paw »

aleksinir wrote:It's their first and only album so far, but they're supposed to release 2nd album this year.
They're supposed to release it.
As in 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009.

It's nice, I have to agree.

Insomnium, you say? I know a couple of songs, have to check out some full album.
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

And the story was whatever was the song what it was
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

GeneSuomi wrote::rip: Ronnie James Dio
May his music live on forever. :rocks:
Ronnie James Dio, one of the best, maybe THE best hardrock/Heavy metal singer, died on sunday, may 16 2010. :(
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

The lost Ninja wrote:
GeneSuomi wrote::rip: Ronnie James Dio
May his music live on forever. :rocks:
Ronnie James Dio, one of the best, maybe THE best hardrock/Heavy metal singer, died on sunday, may 16 2010. :(
That reminds me to a THPS 2 song - May 16 by Lagwagon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzYOA4-xNaA
But atm I just hear Bad Religion :rocks:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

On friday the 28th of may, I'm going to see Rammstein & Motörhead (Among others) at the PINKPOP festival in Holland. :hiya:
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

The lost Ninja wrote:On friday the 28th of may, I'm going to see Rammstein & Motörhead (Among others) at the PINKPOP festival in Holland. :hiya:
While you're there I'd suggest to check out The Prodigy too, their live shows are amazing (don't know if it's your thing, but anyway).
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Quklis wrote:
While you're there I'd suggest to check out The Prodigy too, their live shows are amazing (don't know if it's your thing, but anyway).
Well, I would go to see them, but I won't be there anymore, I'm only going on friday, and since the prodigy are performing on saturday.....
btw, I saw them once in 2001, not bad/not really good either.
Maybe they had a bad day.
The fat of the land is still a great album, and I also like the song Voodo People very much.

And....maybe I'm visiting a very small rock-festival in Holland (May 30th), to see AC/DSHE, a girls-only AC/DC tribute-band, playing songs from the Bon Scott era.
(Already saw them once, very good......looking.) :hiya: Link
"Can I sit next to you girl?" :lol:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

:rip: Dio.

I also sometimes listen to The Prodigy, they are quite good. I maybe would like to see them live some day :scratch: ( ;))
Last edited by AleksiNir on Wed May 19, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

:rip: Dio. You were the greatest...

I've fell in love with Dimmu Borgir. :yummy:
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

(Shameless self ad :D )

Well, actually... No. Although yes, it is made by me, but I just really wanted to make a hardstyle song that might propably be somewhat recogniceable by even the people who don't listen to it. The original melody is from the movie The Rock. And it's turned to fit the Style.. And... Yeah. As the current Style does, it builds up all the way through the song. And then the hard kicks... And.. Uuh yees. :D
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

BTW I read in newspapers, that a member of Slipknot (drummer?) died. :rip: The band is not precisely my blood group, so I don't know if he was good musician, but it's always sad. :(

P.S. sorry 1sane, this I not very much, I must say, that from electronic music I enjoyed in close past just an album by Amon Tobin. :shrug:
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Ivo Porč wrote:BTW I read in newspapers, that a member of Slipknot (drummer?) died. :rip: The band is not precisely my blood group, so I don't know if he was good musician, but it's always sad. :(

P.S. sorry 1sane, this I not very much, I must say, that from electronic music I enjoyed in close past just an album by Amon Tobin. :shrug:
It was Slipknot's bassist the one who died a couple of years ago.
To see if any star you like has died, I personally recommend you all to check Wikipedia's "Recent deaths" article daily. That's how I found (just to say one example) that the man who changed the Olympic games to what they're now, a big business for everyone and the best showroom ever for sports equipment (Juan Antonio Samaranch), died after having some health problems. :rip:
I became a little bit sad when I read it because I already knew that the Olympic games is such a big and important event thanks to his change of prespective during his 1st years as the IOC president.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

According wiki too, Paul Dedrick Gray, bassist of Slipknot, died yesterday. No matter, that he's or is not listed in ''Recent deaths''. ;)
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

He IS listed in "Deaths in 2010"

· Paul Gray, 38, American heavy metal bassist (Slipknot).
He's the 3rd guy from the top of this day.
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

@ 1nsane: Not my cup of tea, but I must confess that it sounds pretty professional.

With all the talking about musicians that died, I can't help thinking of Cliff Burton, the 2nd bass-player of Metallica (After Ron McGovney).
Ofcourse many musicians have died in the past (Natural and unnatural), but this guy will stay in my memories forever.
Whenever I hear a song with his sounds (Like 'Orion' (Master of Puppets), or 'Pulling teeth' (anesthesia), from the Kill 'em all album), I think of him and the day I heard of his death.
Without him Metallica wouldn't have gotten as big as they are now, and without his ideas, songwriting/poetry, an album like 'Master of Puppets' would never have been this good. :bowdown: (I still consider this the best metal-album ever).

Cliff 'em all! :rocks:

GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

The lost Ninja wrote: I think of him and the day I heard of his death.
i wasn't even born yet :( I have now listened Metallica for three years and understand how big loose it was. Metallica's music turned completely different without Burton. Snake album is the first album without any songs from Burton and it's not so progressive than previous ones. Luckily Robert Trujillo isn't bad at all. Saw them last summer :goodvibes:
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Just came back from the Pinkpop festival, Kasabian was OK, Motörhead was great, but Rammstein was.....overwhelming!
Perfect sound, the weather was good, great music, unbelievable show.

CaLu

Post by CaLu »

Nice you have had some fun.

Later this evening I'm going to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood in Arnhem (Gelredome). Must say that I'm very looking forward to this.

Must say it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Although I didn't recognize all the songs which were played it was a true eargasm. The next time he's again in the neighboorhood I'll no doubt would go again.

The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Nice to see you had some fun either!
The song is great, but I prefer the faster (original) version, from Derek & the Dominoes (Including Clapton).
BTW, you're lucky, you don't have to drive very far too see some great concerts.
(From Westervoort to Arnhem).

P.S. : Useless info: Our dog is also called Layla. ;)
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Yay, The Chemical Brothers will come to Finland to Flow Festival in 11.8. :goodvibes:

EDIT: dang, it's forbidden for under 18 year olds :shrug:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

I've never heard of an age limit at concerts and festivals, saw lots of kids (with parents) and people under 18 at shows in Holland and Germany.
Feeling sorry for you.
btw, Air is also performing on Friday the 13th.
CaLu

Post by CaLu »

Indeed it was at a close distance and at first I suggested to my brother that I wanted to go by bike, but the man is lazy and so we went by car.

In fact of all the concerts I've went to it's only the second I've had in Arnhem (the other being Epica last January in Luxor Live).

Hearing from an age limitation for concerts is also something new to me. I suppose that the show then must contain some explicit gore ore something like that, as it otherwise wouldn't make any sense to me.
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

The age limit is probably because of selling alcohol in the area :shrug: Maybe they want to be a bit more adult happening :mrgreen:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Quklis wrote:The age limit is probably because of selling alcohol in the area :shrug: Maybe they want to be a bit more adult happening :mrgreen:
Yeah, that must be it when it comes to the age limits in some Finnish concerts/festivals.