Music taste

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Quklis

Re: Music taste

Post by Quklis »

As this looks like to what you're listening at the moment -thread, I'll hop in to the theme.

Listened for a few days quite much live sets from The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy, they just have their own kind of athmosphere in them. Also some various stuff inbetween.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

TuomoH wrote:
The Great Falcon wrote:Just before I start typing this, my MediaPlayer hit some song of the Artist well known by Finnish guys I may say: Seleniko. It rocks Ithink :D :yummy: Very amazing music :band:
First I thought you meant artist called Seleniko but after googling I noticed you were referring to an album by Värttinä. They do have some good stuff, that's for sure.
Obviously yes. It's easy to mistake for a non-finnish :D :flip: Remains that it's a great thing :bg:
mikeact

Post by mikeact »

Friends I hearing him Skid Row, Motley Crue, Ratt, Iron Maiden especially with Paul Di'Anno, Van Halen, Loudness, Ozzy Osbourne with guitarist Randy Rhoads best of all time for me .... I am guitarist and I love the style that has and AC / DC with Bon Scott. And in Argentina saw Skid Row, Iron Maiden, Mettallica, Motorhead. Greetings and good friends adventures. :band:
Waltsuh

Post by Waltsuh »

Im pretty peaceful person, but i like aggressive music. Most of time i listen Black, Death and Thrash Metal. Crossover Thrash isnt bad, but havent found many good artist from that genre. Im big Darkthrone fan, and im collecting all albums from them right now.
Ex-RSC nickname: Mercedes-Benz82
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I just founded few awesome bands:

Dimmu Borgir: Their almbums In Sorte Diaboli and Puritanical Euphoric Misantrophy are just great
King Diamond: Album called The Eye is just great
Tarot: Crows Fly Back just... GREAT.
Kypck: Awesome finnish band what sings in Russia XD
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Paw

Post by Paw »

GRF wrote:I just founded few awesome bands:

Dimmu Borgir: Their almbums In Sorte Diaboli and Puritanical Euphoric Misantrophy are just great
Kypck: Awesome finnish band what sings in Russia XD
I heard about Kypck, it means Kursk, not? They are playing Doom Metal? And about Dimmu, I prefer their For All Tid album.
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Yes Kypck means Kursk. It just looks Kypck when it's written in Cyrillic alphabet. :D
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

w00t music, my main passion, par gaming. I may be young, but i've seen a fair few bands in my,life, having a muscial upbringing was alwyas good :P. I personally love metal, Bullet for my Valentine=just amazing, Linkin Park, Metallica and Slipknot also in the top lot. but the amount of different artists i have in my music collection one way or another range from johnny cash to lady gaga :rolleyes: i'm also a keen drummer... and a very bad guitarist :sorry:
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

GRF wrote:Yes Kypck means Kursk. It just looks Kypck when it's written in Cyrillic alphabet. :D
I blame Cyril personally... :hammer:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Dave Hunter wrote: I blame Cyril personally... :hammer:
:roflmao:

But I'm sure he meant this:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Children of Bodom will be here in my hometown after many years. :rocks: :champa:
And I wish I'd someday go to Wacken Open Air Metal festival since it is THE BIGGEST HEAVY METAL festival in Europe :yummy: and Tuska(it's Finnish and means PAIN) Festival would great too and of course Sonisphere. There would be Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, HIM, Slayer and many other great bands in this year at Sonisphere. :yummy:

:band:

Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Well I listen almost to everything, but GANGSTA RAP and heres good metal bands I listen to:
Stam1na, Diablo and Rammstein. Then I listen to Drum N' Bass pretty much, good Drum N' Bass artists: Bad Company, Spor, Prodigy.
Last edited by Sutinen on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Sutinenn wrote:Then I listen to Drum N' Bass pretty much, good Drum N' Bass artists: Bad Company, Spor, Prodigy.
a) The Prodigy is a band
b) They're not very drum n bass :really:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Quklis wrote:
Sutinenn wrote:Then I listen to Drum N' Bass pretty much, good Drum N' Bass artists: Bad Company, Spor, Prodigy.
a) The Prodigy is a band
I can see a certain similarity in case of the Prodigy, according the diverse elements of electronic music, like rave and breakbeat, I don't understand what Bad Company is doing in the list!Look here :D
Or is that another bad company?
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Quklis wrote:
a) The Prodigy is a band
Yeah, in DnB theres no singing...
Lost ninja, I used THE GREAT WIKIPEDIA :wow: and found out, that bad company is too a 70's rock band.
Heres one of the best songs by bad company (not the rock band)
Bad company - Planet dust
...... ಠ_ಠ
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Sutinenn wrote: Lost ninja, I used THE GREAT WIKIPEDIA :wow: and found out, that bad company is too a 70's rock band.
Funny, you didn't know about the rockband, and I didn't know about the other one! :scratch:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

True, The Prodigy isn't DnB, more just breakbeats.

Spor - 1 Up is one of the coolest DnB songs I've heard! (Just stating it as the band/artist was said...)

But... There can be singing in DnB too, although it seems to be extremely rare(I'm just going through my (small) DnB collection...)
And of the DnB artists, I like DJ DB the most.
Oh and behold, a new style is rising(propably)! Dubstyle. A combination of dubstep and hardstyle. I like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP5Wz7ZVvb4
And I have been experimenting with a combination of hardstyle and DnB. That should sound great too once I get to finish it. ;)
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

The lost Ninja wrote:
Sutinenn wrote: Lost ninja, I used THE GREAT WIKIPEDIA :wow: and found out, that bad company is too a 70's rock band.
Funny, you didn't know about the rockband, and I didn't know about the other one! :scratch:
Hmm... maybe because your older than me? :sherlock:
...... ಠ_ಠ
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Hahahah, oh god the last night was great! Nothing is better than listening to hardcore on a way too big audio system compared to the space of the room. Now I'll be half deaf for this day, but it was well worth it! The gais got to max even before the main artists and at that point all you really could hear(feel) was the kick, the bass and the high noises. I couldn't hear a single melody during the main artists. :D But that's what made it great!

And the night ended with the legend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qlKYWo9z6E

Such a shame we weren't allowed to take cameras. I can't show the great feelings.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Now I have the ticket to the Children of Bodom gig (insert evil laugh here). :twisted: :misch: :D

The Noose

Post by The Noose »

YEEEEAH! Today is the big day!

CHILDREN OF BODOM GIG!!! :rocks:

thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Guys! I'm so happy here!!! Guess who's coming to Quebec City this summer?? RUSH!!!! Also, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater and Rammstein will be present. The better is that it's almost free: About 55bucks for the 4 show (3 in fact: DT is first part of Maiden) and so much more!!!! :):):):):):):) This is held with an event called "Québec City's Summer Festival". More info in there: http://www.infofestival.com/?lang=en

THIS is something every guys in the USA SHOULD take part to since it's near you and not costly at all. And for guys from Europe: I quickly looked on internet and found that flight from paris to here to paris was about 700$. Actually, seeing each of the shows above would cost what, 250$ each, with average-good tickets? Actually (without counting hotel), this becomes almost less expensive to take plane to come here than seeing each shows separately :D But well, since I don't think that anybody can or want to afford some ~900$ music trip, well, too bad :P
And shame on US guys who don't come :twisted:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

OH MY GOD IT WAS A GOOD GIG!!
We had WAAAAAY better mosh-pit than Tampere did. :rocks:
And now I have no money... :D But atleast I'm one t-shirt richer. :D

The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Damn it! I can't find the songlist so I could post it here. But I remember some of the songs. They played: Blooddrunk, Hate Crew Deathroll, Needled 24/7, Hate Me!, Bodom Beach Terror, Living Dead Beat, In Your Face, Angels Don't Kill, We're Not Gonna Fall, Downfall; Silent Night, Bodom Night; And I think they played Kissing the Shadows or Follow the Reaper. The songs are not in the correct order. :D

CaLu

Post by CaLu »

I'm mostly listening to metal, but I can also listen to other genres with an exception of classical music, which is something I really dislike.

Some of the best artists in my opinion are:
Simon & Garfunkel
Metallica
Within Temptation (am I about to see later this month, for the 4th time)
Epica
Eric Clapton (am I about to see in May)
Rammstein
Nightwish
Leaves' Eyes
Pain
Guns 'N Roses
Dire Straits
The Police
Genesis
and many more...

I saw that one of you guys does know Heidevolk, I was wondering are you able to understand what they're bringing as a non-Dutch speaking person?

And for the metalheads amongst us, I guess it can't do any harm to take a look at this site: http://www.metalstorm.ee as it is a site with discussions about metal. You can find me there as well under the same name I use over here.
Last edited by CaLu on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.