About other sports (out of motorsport & football) *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
zgr

Re: About other sports (out of motorsport & football) *spoil

Post by zgr »

- Tag Title Match:
It's a good thing Cesaro and Kidd getting a push, I like these two guys. The Usos are just cool. But A New Day and Los Matadores...mmh...they are just...AWFUL! Sorry about that...

- Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match:
I really really hope that it isn't Ambrose who win the title. Because I really hope that "spoiler" Roman Reigns win the title on sunday, Rollins will cash in his MitB-Contract, no matter when. And then (at the latest) at SummerSlam: Rollins (c) vs. Reigns vs. Ambrose :love:

- Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins:
Randy Orton is my favorite wrestler and Rollins will cash in his contract soon, so clear win for The Apex Predator :D :bg:

- Battle Royal:
Mizdow wins by last eliminating The Miz and a push for the real Sandow (put this time with a better gimmick and entrance music) *crossed fingers*

- United States Championship Match:
Well...Cena will "crushes" the dreams of an other big big talent, unfortunaly :/ but i really really hope for a rusev win somehow :D Cena can beat him at Extreme Rules :bg:

- Wyatt vs. The Undertaker:
I'm really looking forward to that. Wyatt always makes great performance and Undertaker is a living legend. I'm also looking forward, how the Undertaker will look like (fitness, etc...)

- Sting vs. HHH:
Win for Sting...

- Divas:
After what happened at SummerSlam, where Nikki slapped her sister, the only thing I was waiting for is Nikki vs. Brie at WrestleMania. WWE, good job! (Sarcasm)

- Lesnar vs. Reigns:
He can and he will. Finally a champion, who is actually active! I hated the idea, that Lesnar only appears every 2/3 monday on RAW.

---> No matter if the matches are bad or not...THIS IS WRESTLEMANIA!!!
Hello.
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

The Grimeloid wrote:It will be a great show. It pi***s me off when wrestling fans cry on the internet because their uncharismatic hero is not in the main event, and because of that, Wrestlemania will be horrible. These are not fans, these are just crybabies.
Nah, it's more being irritated that a guy that's been (in character, at least) handed everything because of his looks/heritage is in the main event over someone who worked to get where they are. Doesn't even have to be Bryan, it could be Ziggler or Ambrose or Cesaro or Rusev or any of the other people on the roster who deserved to be elevated to that level besides Roman right now. It doesn't help that he comes off as incredibly unlikable in interviews despite being pushed as the next super-face. Also, the backlash probably wouldn't be as bad if the champion weren't Final Boss of the WWE, The Beast Incarnate, The 1 in 21-1, BRRRRROCK LESNAR.

For the record, I don't hate Roman, I think he could be a great main-eventer someday. As it is, I think he's being pushed too far, too fast, and needs to have actual shortcomings to overcome before he can be a compelling character, which is why I don't want him winning against Lesnar. Let him fall back to the midcard, give him a road to redemption that involves a good run with one of the midcard titles (also work on promos and expanding his moveset a bit more behind the scenes), so he can eventually work his way back up to the main event, this time hopefully with much more of the crowd on his side.
The Grimeloid wrote:Rusev vs. John Cena = Poor people, you don't get what you want? Boo-hoo! Let me explain: Wrestlemania is the biggest show, Cena is the good guy, Rusev is the bad guy. Of course, Cena's going to win! And you should be thankful, because with a big name like Cena will bring the prestige the US title had. And with that, the midcard titles will be more important, since nowadays they are just pieces of generic gold.
Which would be fine if up-and-coming heels that Cena goes over in a feud didn't tend to be buried to the point that they hardly ever get out of the hole afterwards. Rusev deserves a hell of a lot more than being cannon fodder for Cena.

Best case scenario, this gives Rusev the opportunity to move up the card and let Cena pull the US Title up the card instead of Rusev trying to push the US title up the card on his own (the Shinsuke Nakamura and Tomohiro Ishii methods of title elevation respectively). I still think someone else should have gotten the nod to be the one to break Rusev's streak. Actually, Roman would have been good for this. Time will tell what happens after Wrestlemania, but it doesn't look good for Rusev.

Anyway, two more bits of news:
- NXT's representative in the ARMBAR will be
Hideo Itami, who defeated Finn Balor in the final of the Axxess tournament.
- The ARMBAR itself is being moved to the pre-show. So now Wrestlemania might as well be five hours long. If I can sit through a five-hour Wrestle Kingdom, I can sit through a five-hour Wrestlemania. Also, with this in mind, I'm now expecting Sheamus to be added to the IC title ladder match instead since I doubt they want FELLA to return on the pre-show.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Nah, it's more being irritated that a guy that's been (in character, at least) handed everything because of his looks/heritage is in the main event over someone who worked to get where they are. Doesn't even have to be Bryan, it could be Ziggler or Ambrose or Cesaro or Rusev or any of the other people on the roster who deserved to be elevated to that level besides Roman right now. It doesn't help that he comes off as incredibly unlikable in interviews despite being pushed as the next super-face. Also, the backlash probably wouldn't be as bad if the champion weren't Final Boss of the WWE, The Beast Incarnate, The 1 in 21-1, BRRRRROCK LESNAR.

For the record, I don't hate Roman, I think he could be a great main-eventer someday. As it is, I think he's being pushed too far, too fast, and needs to have actual shortcomings to overcome before he can be a compelling character, which is why I don't want him winning against Lesnar. Let him fall back to the midcard, give him a road to redemption that involves a good run with one of the midcard titles (also work on promos and expanding his moveset a bit more behind the scenes), so he can eventually work his way back up to the main event, this time hopefully with much more of the crowd on his side.
I understand that. The problem is: WWE is a promotion that pushes big, good-looking guys. And when they push smaller guys, their world title reigns are terrible.

Despite how I call Daniel Bryan (just another internet darling), I actually like the guy. He is a tremendous wrestler. But his promos are beyond terrible (Benoit, Hart, Malenko levels of terrible), and in WWE, promos matter much more than wrestling. If wrestling skills were really important in WWE, someone like [insert pro wrestler with amazing wrestling skills here] would have been a 100000x WWE champion with great title reigns. With that said, I don't think people like Cesaro have a chance to be WWE Champion, because whether you like it or not, that's what they do. About the others, the Billy Gunn lookalike is injury prone (the last thing you want is an injury prone guy to be your world champion), and I don't see that much in Dean Ambrose, I feel that there's something lacking.

On the other side, Reigns is a big guy, women like him (so maybe he is good looking to them), he is improving in everything. And indeed, I don't think he needs to be much better to finally reach the top. He can improve while he's there. It happened with many wrestlers in the past.

About the Cena-Rusev thing, it is the better result for a lot of reasons. But I don't see Rusev being buried. The least they'll do to Rusev is, maybe, relegate him to the midcard (WWE Superstars/Main Event level), where he can squash some jobbers, and then having another plan for him. And besides, the term "buried" or "bury" became quite of a joke, since smarks (smart marks) use the term constantly when their favorite wrestler lost one match.

I'm so glad that the Battle Royal is in the Pre-Show. Look who's in there: The Who's That of the Midcarders... and the NXT guy. After how the Royal Rumble exposed how mediocre this roster is, they should stop doing Battle Royals.

My god, I wrote so much. Sorry!
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I'm actually also happy Reigns is in the main event. That's totally cool. And it's something that really should have happened judging by the build up of last year. (Even if he was injured for half of that year) I just really don't think the Reigns vs Lesnar is the best matchup possible. Because as I said in the matchlist, both of them have kinda similar fighting style. And frankly, Reigns still misses a good finisher. And as we all know, the main event in WM just has to have the finisher stealing moment. Seeing Lesnar punch Reigns isn't... That special. Spear is also already a normal move for Lesnar. Reigns also can't really sell moves done to him very well, so Lesnar's suplexes might not look very good. But then again, there really isn't a face besides him and Cena who would look strong enough against Lesnar.
I'll be happy if the match turns out to be the best of the night. I doubt it though. It just should have been Rollins vs Reigns for the main event already. :P Maybe that's 2016 then. Oh but dang, I already predicted Cena will get his 15th title then. Woops.

Good thing the Battle Royal gets moved. Hopefully this gives more time for the matches, rather than adding more time for some dull country rapper to sing more random songs.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

SETH ROLLINS SAVES WRESTLEMANIA, HE IS TRULY THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

Seriously, this is a good compromise. People who wanted an active champion have one, and people who wanted a champion who is not still training on the job have one.

Rest of my thoughts:
- My boy D-Bry is IC champ, hopefully he can drag that title back to its former glory (also someone please tell me Ambrose is not kill)
- Orton/Rollins wasn't bad, obviously the best moment was that RKO at the end. Seriously in the running for best RKO ever.
- Still saw no reason for HHH to win his match. Also the Robot Shao Khan entrance was stupid. That said, Sting looked great, miles away from the shape he was in while he was in TNA.
- I think most of us saw Cena's win coming. Again, time will tell if this just frees Rusev to ascend up the card or whether he's now doomed to a happy dancing man gimmick before being future-endeavored in a couple of years.
zgr

Post by zgr »

:shock: GREAT WRESTLEMANIA!

Main event was brilliant! Undertaker vs Wyatt was great, even Cena vs Rusev wasn't that bad. The only thing I cannot understand is, why HHH and Sting shook hands, but just an hour after that HHH had a heel-promo again...mmh

TOP 5 of the night:
- Wyatt and Undertaker both made there signature "get up", great
- nWo and DX :greedy:
- Rollins cashed in his MitB
- Mizdow eliminated The Miz (finally)
- The Rock vs HHH at WM32? :roll:

Now I'm looking for Rollins vs. Reigns (vs. Ambrose)
and hopefully Nikki vs. Brie in the future
Hello.
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

I wrote before: It will be a great show. An awesome WrestleMania. And guess what? IT WAS!

The IWC smarks make a thunderstorm inside a cup of tea. The only match that wasn't good, was an AVERAGE one: the women's match. The rest was good to great.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Phew, just finished the show. That really was a good one. I seriously didn't have high hopes about this one after last years WM, but this turned out pretty amazing. I'll do this one in match by match order I guess.
Tag match was okay. Kinda basic, but they did stuff. Cool.
Wow I had forgotten how many filler wrestlers WWE actually has. Great to see Big Show get the "title", although it would have propably been tastier if he was face. He could have celebrated it more.
Propably the only bad match was the ladder match, which was kinda lazy. Especially Harper's spots were facepalm level. Safe use of the whole ladder idea and that ending was just totally random. On a better note, that superplex done on Stardust had some real air.
Rollins - Orton could have had a faster pace, but this was okay too. And man that final RKO, could be the one thing I'll remember from this event.
Triple Ad's win started to become quite obvious since they started pushing the match as WWE vs WCW. I did my prediction on them running it as "The authoritah" vs Sting. It will be interesting to see how they'll use Sting in the future. Also, dat nWo and DX combo. If they just could get both of these groups back for another face off. And the match had a cool build up and "story", something I like in Triple 9's PPV matches. (And his whole left butt cheek was blue)
Yay, they didn't have the women's match right before the main event. But then the match ended up being a basic match. But what can you do when you get under 7 minutes to try and do something creative..
I can't remember a thing of the Rusev vs Cena match, but it was better than I expected. Both of them had cool intros. I just wish the crowd was behind Cena more in matches like these. And now Rusev will disappear. Although I have to say good on WWE for running this Russia thing for as long as they did with the Ukraine stuff heating up right after this character was brought up.
I did my work out during Wyatt - Undertaker match, so some parts of it went by with me just listening to the commentary. Undertaker still looked like he wasn't supposed to wrestle anymore, but atleast he didn't look as bad as last year. Dem tombstone piledrivers, never gets old.
And then comes the main event. And they really had the eggs to go for a squashfest on this one, which was great. Lesnar had the vicious gear on he had against Cena previously. It was a right choice for this match, really. And even though I said Reign's finishers are weak, the idea of just barraging them in one after another made them sweet. And the ending was pretty much perfect. Now they have pretty much everything set up until Summerslam. And since Lesnar wasn't technically beaten, they can still use him as a machine that will show up 3 times a year to squash someone.

The Rock's/Authority's spot was kinda dumb and irrelevant comic reel moment, Bryan's interview was kinda awkward. But that's what happens with Wrestlemania, I guess. :P The rest of the mid match promos I skipped, aside from the pre-match videos

As for the future, I hope WWE now has the eggs to maybe build up this Rollins - Reigns feud for a longer while than ~2 PPVs. Now they really have a great chance of running this thing for even a whole year with more or less heated moments here and there. I doubt they'll bring Amrose into this, he's already been dropped on the third tier, and will propably just show up in these hardcoreish matches to take a bump or do a crazy thing. Or then it's the Charlie Haas route for him.
It's also interesting to see when they'll figure out something better for Wyatt. For pretty much the whole of last year his routine was to first talk about something totally irrelevant to anything for 5 minutes and then challenge wrestler x for a match in the next PPV. Then he'll either win or lose and just nothing else happens afterwards. The cycle just continues.

And it's also fun to see which 3 new wrestlers will show up in the next Raw and which one of these three will actually manage to stay interesting enough (Rusev) so he'll be seen more than just in a battle royale in WM pre-show(Bo Dallas). Or even worse, he won't be in it at all (Adam Rose). :D
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

F5'd so hard a single shoe was all that remained of him :weep:
Also RIP the rest of the commentary team, the stooges, and the cameraman
zgr

Post by zgr »

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:Image
Dat picture :rofl: :flip: :roflmao:
But well, the most shocking thing for me was...SHEAMUS!? How the hell he looks like? :o
Hello.
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

zgr wrote:
Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:Image
Dat picture :rofl: :flip: :roflmao:
But well, the most shocking thing for me was...SHEAMUS!? How the hell he looks like? :o
Sheamus doesn't care - he will wreck anyone at any time. I'm not sure who will feud with - Bryan, Ziggler or both?
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Czech Republic probably his best roster on Hockey World Champ.
What You think about it?
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Honestly, I think our defence lines are not as strong as we would need them to be :). Marek Židlický and Zbyněk Michálek are not coming and I think they will be missed.
But whatever our guys have to do their best! And bring "back" a medal. There will be general pressure on them all :D.
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Another goal by Jaromir Jagr :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

In 40s still better than Crosby. :bowdown:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

We better have him elected as president of the country after he retires from ice hockey :D. If he ever retires :D.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

He? To retire? As absurd idea as if he'll ever get married. :rofl:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Or as if Maldonado will have luck (or me ever winning a GR race). :rofl:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Or as if I ever will be competitive in GR :P
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

#68 Number of the day :D
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

He is awesome :D. So freaking awesome :D.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

A lot of people in Finland are being salty about the actions of the referees... but only losers complain about the refs ;)

Congratulations to Czech, I will be cheering for them for the rest of the tournament :clap:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

What a match! :goal: I estimated a boring match with one or two goals scored. :taped: I cannot wait to watch on both the semifinals. :yummy: Let's go Czechs and USA! cheerleader:

BTW A sidenote was made by czech tv commentator between periods, said that his canadian collegues for their broadcasting were making detail analysis of the finnish no-goal and czech goal and in both cases confirmed the decisions. :)
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

AleksiNir wrote:A lot of people in Finland are being salty about the actions of the referees... but only losers complain about the refs ;)

:
Winners have rarely anything to complain ;)
Finns goal was "rightly" banned since they have been very strict with the goalies area in this tournament (Except in the bronze game, USA 2-0). It's other question is there any point to be that strict. But czecks should have got penalty for swinging Kemppainen's stick to the stands. That would have prevented one goal from czecks and we would have had different game. Even though Finns lost the game basically because Pesonens decision...
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Bad luck for outsiders in semifinal, great tournament for Canada. :bowdown:

Shame on Russia, on Kovalchuk at first place. :down: