About other sports (out of motorsport & football) *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Discussion about sport events (out of motorsport)

Post by Mad Dan »

Great match CZE-CAN :D we won even if those canadian idiots fauled our goaltender :really: . Canadiens can´t stay cool in last minutes, they act like small kids very often :eyes: . But it´s a important win anyway ;).

Now I´m going to watch SWE-SUI and I´ll hope that suiss guys will win so Czech will play against Germans :misch:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes, Canada guys showed again during whole 3rd period their high sense for fair play in time of clear loosing a match. :down:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

FIN-RUS has been very interesting game :scratch:

1st period was great hockey, then 2nd period was horrible for both teams, specially Finland :( Last period will be interesting, I hope for at least 1 goal by Finland :sweatdrop:

Edit: not quite what I expected... Very unfair playing by some Russian players :rage: 2 Finnish defencemen were injured.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Well, and now it is CZE vs FIN, isn't it? :trampo: Repetition of Vancouver quarterfinal. :shock:

What about small bet game, guys? :misch:

I believe in 4:1 for team with higher number of lions jerseys. :flip: And you?
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Three to one :scratch: (for Finns, of course :mrgreen: )

Anyway, victory match will be Denmark-Russia 4-3 :nod:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

3:2 :misch: and at least one goal by Rolinek during Finnish power play :D . But both teams have chances to win, it´ll be interesting for sure :cool2:
Jonzu95

Post by Jonzu95 »

Finland will win 3:1
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Amazing save by Vehanen. :D And Finland will win won't say how much though.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

GRF wrote:Amazing save by Vehanen. :D
More like a fail by Malkin IMO. He shot right to Vehanen's mitt, even if 95% of the goal was unprotected. Nice stretch anyway, it took me a while to realize it wasn't a goal :D

Finland vs. Czech... :scratch: Will be tight game, I'd say 3-2 (0-1, 2-0, 1-1 :P) to Finland.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

so what guys :D we won! :trampo: Finally we got into semi-finals since 2006. Now I´m starting to hope for medal :hide:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

:heyea:

Jágr is God. :bowdown: And Finnish goalkeeper wasn't bad too. :boxing:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

The better team won this time... :shrug:

Finland has to do something about the problem of making goals. Maybe a new coach could help? :wiz:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Will be? It is interesting. Coach of Sweden ends this season too, same Czech coach. So only Russia will remain same coach like this season? :scratch:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

No, at least nothing has been announced. But I would like to see a new coach, and I don't seem to be the only one :scratch:

The second coach is going to change for sure though.
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

DAMN! I almost tought that we were going to win that match, but no, we didnt even get bronze. :shake3:
That damn Jágr with his awesome attacks beated us! :flip: Jágr is the best european player.
And the goalmaking problem has been seen before, they hit the bar for three times in one match! :o
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

There's a fairly obscure sports channel here in the US that shows the hockey championships... is it just me, or is there a lot of fighting? The end of GER/SUI was a bit rough... :shock:
I like short, simple signatures!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

The... Best.. Match... :D

But yeah... What I would say about the situation of Finnish hockey... Changing the coach is not enough. It is never enough, if there just aren't good enough players available. And this unfortunately is the case right now. Hockey in Finland is at a low point compared to, say, mid 90's. We can't just rely on one team of NHL players. They will (pretty much) never come to these hockey games. And the level of SM-liiga, is rather low right now. So yeah, first they need to seriously change the way of teaching those 8 year old youngsters. They need to start searching for the talents from those times on already so they can focus those players on a certain playing area as soon as possible. Ok, hockey as a hobby is meant to be fun, and it is that for the most of the players under 10 years, but they will also focus on the good sides as soon as possible rather than let them all do what they want to do on the ice.

Soo yeap... Let's hope for another (gold) medal in... Say... 2020?
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Anyone watching the NHL Sharks/Blackhawks game? As I type this it has just gone into overtime... I'm rooting for the Sharks, of course, but they haven't been playing consistently well lately...
I like short, simple signatures!
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Mertaranta's speaking was best in Canada-Russia. When the round was over, guys started fighting. "Painikaa pojat, painikaa!" :D
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

UCL final tonight... Who's going to watch it? I will, if it's not über boring :P

It will probably be tight match, I'd say 2-1 to Inter :nod:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

aleksinir wrote:UCL final tonight... Who's going to watch it? I will, if it's not über boring :P

It will probably be tight match, I'd say 2-1 to Inter :nod:
I'm gonna watch it, normally I don't like the Bayern München team, but they're playing very good, the last couple of weeks.
I want to see how the dutch guys play tonight, Van Bommel & Robben with the germans, and Wesley Sneijder at the Inter Milan side.
Of course I'm also interested how they will play eventually at the World Championship next month in Africa!
Anyway, I think it's gonna be 3:2 for Bayern Munich.
We'll see.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

bduddy wrote:Anyone watching the NHL Sharks/Blackhawks game? As I type this it has just gone into overtime... I'm rooting for the Sharks, of course, but they haven't been playing consistently well lately...
Nope, just check results in newspapers in the morning (time zone problems). :shrug: BTW I don't remember so heavy fight between two European teams in at least last 10 years. :shock:
aleksinir wrote:UCL final tonight... Who's going to watch it? I will, if it's not über boring :P
I'm afraid of it. I hope for Bayern no matter, that I'm not its fan too. But I don't wish success to certain not-named smeghead. :shake3:
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Well done Blackhawks and Niemi. :yummy: :bg:

I wish that the Cup final pair will be Habs-Hawks.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Ivo Porč wrote:But I don't wish success to certain not-named smeghead. :shake3:
I'm not sure if you mean him, but I thought he is not allowed to play because of the red card in semifinals?

bduddy wrote:Anyone watching the NHL Sharks/Blackhawks game? As I type this it has just gone into overtime... I'm rooting for the Sharks, of course, but they haven't been playing consistently well lately...
I actually watched the first minutes of the game, because I was watching a movie (Kill Bill 2), and after it ended I noticed that the game is coming from other channel... But since it was 3.30 am already, I was too tired :sleeping:
But like Ivo, I'm following the play-offs from news :shrug:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Anyone watched CZE-SWE today? :D Last few minutes were really luckily, first Swedish nearly scored into empty net and K.Rachunek scored goal few seconds before end :yummy: . And after that Czech won penalties for second time on World Championship :heyea: .

And second match today, RUS-GER, really pity for Germans who had big chance to win whole match and make medal :shrug: but big mistake that gave Russians easy winning goal ended their hopes.

Tommorow CZE-RUS :trampo: someone has to stop Russians this year :hammer: