About other sports (out of motorsport & football) *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Jonzu95

Re: Discussion about sport events (out of motorsport)

Post by Jonzu95 »

Hopefulle CZE Wins. :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Dan Hakulín wrote:Anyone watched CZE-SWE today? :D
Yes, it was llike second Christmas. :heyea:
Dan Hakulín wrote: ... first Swedish nearly scored into empty net and K.Rachunek scored goal few seconds before end :yummy:
I think, that the shot was fail. If he would have not shot, but just send it behind half of field, we would be out and Sweden would go in final. On the other hand, it was not his fault, but fail of rules. I think, that shot across whole field, which miss the goal, but goes through the blue goal-field should not be counted as icing as it used to be, because there is no intention to delay game, but intention to score. :hammer: Now the team (if missed goal) is always punished for his shot by face-off in front of his goalie. :down: Sadly for Swedes it helped to Czech team. :shrug:
Dan Hakulín wrote:Tommorow CZE-RUS :trampo: someone has to stop Russians this year :hammer:
:iagree: But I wished to see, what Russian newspapers would write after being defeated by Germans and even in ice hockey. :flip:
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Theres no way that Czech wins, even if Jagr would try as hard as he can, Russia will dominate the whole game. :shake2: But that would be good if Czech would win. Russia would get the gold medal for three years in row if they win. :headbang:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Russia, Canada and Sweden are teams which I always want to loose :P
So I want a good game and Czech win :popcorn:
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA! :mbounce:
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Glad I here some support :mrgreen: , I wish for all having fun during the match. :bg: Czech players in '70s were saying, that initial pressure of Soviets takes first 40 minutes of the match ans some things haven't changed. I'm afraid of rest of match. :shock: But we lead! :heyea:
Pity, that Czech are not called home team, they could choose red jerseys (normally they prefer white, but not against Russia). It always upset Russians, who are angry every time, when they must play in white against us. :misch:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Whoah, I really thought Russia would win :eyes: I didn't watch the match, because I had other stuff to do :hide:, but I'm sure it was an exciting match. (specially for Czech spectators)

Congratulations :flip:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

In the end Russia was playing power-play 6 against 3 players, so yes, it was heard-attack creator. (Referees completely failed during whole match by clear mistakes on both sides).

But Czechs are world champions! Surprisingly. I didn't believed them in beginning and after match against SUI not at all. :shake3: Sorry, guys! :bowdown:

Who's not jumping is not Czech! Jump! Jump! Jump! :trampo:
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

I watched only about last 5 minutes of the game, but they were very intresting when Russia was playing with so many players :mrgreen: maybe the Czech's should have calmed down and not get so many penalties..
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Ivo Porč wrote:(Referees completely failed during whole match by clear mistakes on both sides).:
Jari Levonen said that Emelin's tackle wasn't clear. He cut straight to the knees :shrug:
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! :D

I know about referees, their decisions were strange many times... BUT we scored goal in 20 seconds, we had the best goaltender (2nd strange thing, Germans acted pretty stupid for giving their goaltender every award they could :really: :really: :really: ) and lablablablabla :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

GeneSuomi wrote:
Ivo Porč wrote:(Referees completely failed during whole match by clear mistakes on both sides).:
Jari Levonen said that Emelin's tackle wasn't clear. He cut straight to the knees :shrug:
I personally think, that it was OK. But the situation minute before on red line, which wasn't punished at all, was at least clear interference, maybe even attack on head IMHO. I would decide the situations completely opposite to referees. :mrgreen:

BTW pity for bduddy. :(
Jonzu95

Post by Jonzu95 »

Congrats for Czech! :winner:
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

If Czech would have other goalkeeper, they would be screwed. :shock:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
bduddy

Re: Discussion about sport events (out of motorsport) *spoil

Post by bduddy »

USA-CZE soccer(football)... oh dear :( If USA plays defense like that during the World Cup, it will be a very short trip for them...
I like short, simple signatures!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

bduddy wrote:USA-CZE soccer(football)... oh dear :( If USA plays defense like that during the World Cup, it will be a very short trip for them...
:shock: This squad, which is now in USA is worst Czech team for at least last 15 years. They play so awful football, that I even didn't think if watch it or not. They won?
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Ivo Porč wrote:
bduddy wrote:USA-CZE soccer(football)... oh dear :( If USA plays defense like that during the World Cup, it will be a very short trip for them...
:shock: This squad, which is now in USA is worst Czech team for at least last 15 years. They play so awful football, that I even didn't think if watch it or not. They won?
4-2, Czechs... the US announcers were busy saying how the US squad was not made up of all the best players, etc... well, all I have to say is, they had better be right!
I like short, simple signatures!
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

bduddy wrote:the US announcers were busy saying how the US squad was not made up of all the best players, etc... well, all I have to say is, they had better be right!
Pretty much. Since this is their last game before they announce the 23-man squad going to the World Cup tomorrow, they fielded their B-team (i.e. players that may or may not make the cut) and let the ones that are guaranteed to be in the final 23 get some rest.

Now, if they lose to Turkey on Saturday, there might be reason to worry, but don't panic just yet.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I have to say that recently Czech football is on really low level....from our 1st league to national team, I was surprised that we even won USA :D
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

At least Czech football is better than Welsh football at the moment
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

You're right, but the problem is, that the Czech guys think and behave (on filed and in public) like they are as good as Netherlands. :down:

But back to main topic mentioned here before: who will dominate the World Championship in RSA? Amazing Brazilians with strong deference this time? Mradona's team? Germany or brave Oranjes? Europeans kings from Spain? South Korea or local boys? :eyes:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

I think Cote d'Ivore might spring a surprise. I don't think they'll win, but they will do well
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I hope that Netherlands will play well, I´ve always liked their style of play :goodvibes: .

but there are many good teams, it will be hard to guess who win this year :scratch:
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

I'll place my bet on North Korea pwning everybody. Is Kim Jong their team leader :scratch:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Quklis wrote:I'll place my bet on North Korea pwning everybody. Is Kim Jong their team leader :scratch:
When I remember right, the last game against south Korea ended 1:1, but that was before the ship was torpedoed!

I surely hope that The Netherlands will be Champion at the end, but don't have any high hopes.
At the last european championships, they played so damn good, won against Italy 3:0, agains France 4:1, and won against Romania 2:0.
Then came Russia (with dutch trainer), and Holland lost 1:3. WTF?
The only championship they ever won, was the europeon one in 1988.
It's always great to see them play, sometimes very controversial, does someone remember the game against portugal 4 years ago? A new record, with the most red cards(4) given in any championship game ever (and 16 yellow cards)!
Or the spitting attack from Frank Rijkaard against Rudy Völler, in 1990?
Ts....ts...ts....
Anyway, I think Portugal is rather strong atm, The Ivory Coast have a good chance to get far, don't know what spain's gonna do, or the Germans.
I'm going to see as many of the games as possible, and curious what some of the stars are gonna show, like Messi, Ribery, Robben, Alves, Chr. Ronaldo etc...