Where do you live?

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Quklis

Where do you live?

Post by Quklis »

Got the idea from tools & utilities thread, a topic about where people live.

For me, I live in Kerava, a quite small city with population of 34,000 (in area of 30 square kilometers making it 3rd densely populated city in Finland :party: ) about 30km northeast from Helsinki. Sometimes called "Helsingin nukkumalähiö", a bedroom suburb of Helsinki :P
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Where do you live?

Post by XYY »

NRW in Germany... ;)
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I live in Muurame, 15km towards Tampere from Jyväskylä, the 7th biggest city by population in Finland. The population is about 9 000, so it's not very big place :)
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I live in Oulu. Oldest city in northen Finland and sixth biggest city by it's population (139 579) in Finland. Oh yeah and The Annual Air Guitar World Championship contest is held in here Oulu. :yummy:
Last edited by The Noose on Wed May 19, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

I live in Geldern, a small city in Germany, just a few kilometers from the Dutch border.

Has been under Dutch, French, Prussian and is presently under German government. :mrgreen:

According to the legend, two noblemen fought the dragon around the year 878, after stabbed by one of the men, Wichard, the dying dragon screamed "Gelre!, Gelre!, which was given as a name for the new-founded city there.
Last edited by The lost Ninja on Wed May 19, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Kyiv, capital of Ukraine. In beautiful region Obolon near Dnipro, but in ugly building.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Very depressive photo. :sorry: I hope that at least now, when the trees are more green, it's better environment for life. We have similar urban fails in CZE too (the architectonic style is called ''concrete brutalism'' here btw), fortunately my family don't live in it (but dormitories of my university are in this type of building). :down:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

Buka wrote:Kyiv, capital of Ukraine. In beautiful region Obolon near Dnipro, but in ugly building.
This looks very similar to the Pripyat area, after the chernobyl-accident, this is how it looks now:
OlafK

Post by OlafK »

I live in Zabrze, 19th city in Poland by population, but together with all other bordering cities it makes 2-3 millions. (if you don't look carefully you can't even tell in which city you are :hide: ) So, we have all stuff you can also find in typical metropolis, and lots of coal mines (what did you expect from Silesia).
FogoRJ

Post by FogoRJ »

For 8 years I live in Curitiba, capital of Paraná state in southern Brazil. (I was born in Rio de Janeiro)
The population of Curitiba numbers Approximately 1,8 million people (7th largest nationwide).
It has great influence immigrant Germans, Poles, Ukrainians and Italians who arrived after 1850, contributing to the Economic and cultural development of the city.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curitiba
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=514342 <some Curitiba photos
ECOlogic Racing Team
resir014

Post by resir014 »

I live on a house just on the outskirts of Jakarta, Indonesia.

And here is the shot of the front yard of my house at sunset:

http://fxcreations.deviantart.com/art/Sunset-163115702
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Paw

Post by Paw »

Well, I live in my small and peaceful city: Sierpc.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

I live in San Mateo, a city of about 90,000 about 20 miles south of San Francisco, California, USA-but there are cities here in just about every direction, so there are millions of people within easy driving distance. But these days I spend more time at college just west of St. Louis, Missouri, a very large and diverse (and rather dangerous :oops:) city...
Last edited by bduddy on Wed May 19, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like short, simple signatures!
Ginseng

Post by Ginseng »

Bwhaaaa... :D

13 posts and already 2 guys living on left side of the river Rhine (Germany) and also close by. Now I am the 3rd living there... must be a nest of GeneRally drivers there :eyes:

I live in Krefeld, a city with 230000 citizens near the capital city of the federal state North-Rhine Westphalia, Düsseldorf.
Am living in city center just a stone through away from shopping streets and restaurants. Guess there are better places to live but its definitely comfortable to have everything nearby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krefeld
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Sooo... I live in Hyvinkää, Finland. It is about 50km north of Helsinki. You can get here pretty easily via the main railway. About 45k people live here. The city isn't especially famous about anything, though. Wikiwiki of the place.

I tried to find a picture of this house, but couldn't find any. But it's a detached house.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Ginseng wrote:Bwhaaaa... :D

13 posts and already 2 guys living on left side of the river Rhine (Germany) and also close by. Now I am the 3rd living there... must be a nest of GeneRally drivers there :eyes:

I live in Krefeld, a city with 230000 citizens near the capital city of the federal state North-Rhine Westphalia, Düsseldorf.
Am living in city center just a stone through away from shopping streets and restaurants. Guess there are better places to live but its definitely comfortable to have everything nearby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krefeld
I also regconised that :trampo:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I live in Liberec 100.000 city in north of czech. Nothing much famous here, maybe hotel Ještěd which is quite unique because of its hyperboliodic shape and location on top of mountain :).

I don´t live so near to city centre but instead of shops and noise we have peace and nice nature :goodvibes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

The lost Ninja wrote:This looks very similar to the Pripyat area, after the chernobyl-accident, this is how it looks now
I guess all ex-Soviet Union suburbs and small cities look pretty much the same...

Anyway. Here's some photo of Muurame, quite close to the "city centre" :D You can see my house there, next to the (smaller) fields in top-left. My school is just next to that field with football goals in bottom.
You can't see the lakes here, as the town is on a strait between 2 lakes (and the other one is Finland's 2nd biggest - Päijänne) You can see them here.

@Dan: Very nice... :yummy:
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

I live in Miskolc (meesh-colts), a city of 100 thousand people, not far from Slovakia. It is the 3rd biggest city in Hungary.

The most interesting thing in connection with Miskolc plus :gr: is that Madd Dogg, Masakari and me are all from this city, and we are the three active members from Hungary who take part in compos these days! And what is really astonishing: I met these guys here, in this forum! Unbelievable, isn't it? :clap:

So, Miskolc is the fortress of GR in Hungary! :D

The photo was taken 3 days ago when a flood struck the city. It is my wife and me, behind us there is street that turned into a river...
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel, The Netherlands.

Lowest point in the Netherlands, 7 meter under sea level.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

I do live in L.A. :cool2:

"L'ancienne-Lorette" in fact :roll: Part of Quebec City; Population of 600'000 amazing people.
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

I live in Ripollet, a 35k people town just 10 miles far from Barcelona (by motorway, it can be done in just 8 minutes or so if there's not many cars... but that doesn't usually happen). The town is quite boring but it has a VERY old church (10th century) and it's quite near from lots of motorsport events.

Motorsports events near Ripollet:
· Circuit de Cataluña in Montmeló (F1, FIM Gp, DTM, World series, 24h race, etc)
· Palau St. Jordi in Barcelona (supercross, indoor trials... and the birthplace of enduro indoor :winner: )
· Estadi olímpic Lluís Companys in Barcelona (1st Monster jam event ever in Spain was there and I was there :trampo: )
· Parcmotor de Castellolí (HUGE motorsport complex where you can make ANY motorbike sport you like except oval dirt track)
· Circuit de Cataluña de motocross in Bellpuig (the venue for the Spanish MxGp is less than 100 miles ago)
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Parainen. A former city of 12,000 inhabitants, situated in the south-western Finland, in the archipelago, and close to Turku, the former capital of Finland.

Former, you ask? I refuse to say I live in *** which is the name of the city that was formed by uniting Parainen with 4 smaller municipalities last year. Furthermore, I refuse to call it by its Swedish name even though that's the name it's under in Wikipedia. :P :P :P
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

TuomoH wrote: I refuse to call it by its Swedish name even though that's the name it's under in Wikipedia. :P :P :P
Väståboland? :lol:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
CaLu

Post by CaLu »

I come from Westervoort in the Netherlands.
The municipality from where the IJssel splits from the Rhine.
It has got a relative dense population with 15.6K inhabitants in over just 7.84KM2.

The village is situated east of Arnhem, which is the capital of the province of Gelderland.
The lost Ninja wrote: According to the legend, two noblemen fought the dragon around the year 878, after stabbed by one of the men, Wichard, the dying dragon screamed "Gelre!, Gelre!, which was given as a name for the new-founded city there.
This is also where the name of the province comes from: Gelderland is derived from Gelre.