Other motorsport discussion *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
MidnightRunner

Re: Other motorsport discussion *spoiler*

Post by MidnightRunner »

FRUKIScze wrote:
MidnightRunner wrote:Not the best return for Porsche, comparing it with Peugeot. Lets see how they will perform in the following years.
Do you even watch, bro? Porsche did very well! They were even leading. If they didn't have bad oil pressure, Porsche #20 may has won ;)
well... Peugeot finished 2nd in their return, Porsche didn't.

Porsche did well based on what we have seen in the 6h races this year. They have faced a lot of problem at Spa and Silverstone so I wasn't expecting them last much more than that.

Also, #20 didn't had any chance against Audi. They were not able to lap fast enough to keep the lead (Lotterer's laps were 5 seconds faster, sometimes 10sec!). They were "too tired" to keep up with two Audis with brand new turbos.
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

It's 5 days to start Speedway World Cup. What do You think, Who win this one?

I hope Poland win, but this will be very, very hard. The best team have Denmark/Australia and in my opinion they won SWC.
Last edited by Sartalas on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

I wait that win Poland :cool2: , but is very hard against Denmark.
:shake3:
Sartalas
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Sartalas »

Lose on last turn... :doh:
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Heats 8-14 was bad.
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Finally put up a Le Mans 24 Hours race recap on my blog. My college life has been brutal... :weep:

Read it here.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

Did anyone see this mornings first ever Formula E race. I had low expectations for this, but the race wasnt that bad, some overtaking despite the slow cars and tight course. but the big talking point is the final corner incident between Nicolas Prost and Nick Heidfeld for 1st place.

Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Only part of the race I have seen. That was a huge accident. :(
View my archived circuits/cars here
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I watched maybe the first 20 minutes and then saw this end crash. It wasn't the most interesting racing so I didn't want to watch a full hour or more of it. The series itself is interesting, and since they run on these street courses, they really could bring this to Finland too. This would propably be a cool event to witness live.
This series just has some silly rules. (Surprise, considering it's run by FIA...). The guy on third place got dropped some places because of "using too much energy". I'm sorry, what? Why not make the batteries small enough so this "using too much energy" won't happen. Use too much, the car stops. But no, let's turn this thing into a calculator match. Oh and the calculators can only use solar power.

Lucky for Heidfeld that the car didn't have time to rotate any more, would have been a nasty ending if the wall was a meter later.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

1nsane wrote:The guy on third place got dropped some places because of "using too much energy". I'm sorry, what? Why not make the batteries small enough so this "using too much energy" won't happen.
F1 have this too. Two words: Ricciardo and Australia.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

RobertRacer99 wrote:
1nsane wrote:The guy on third place got dropped some places because of "using too much energy". I'm sorry, what? Why not make the batteries small enough so this "using too much energy" won't happen.
F1 have this too. Two words: Ricciardo and Australia.
That was a matter of fuel flow, not using too much total energy/fuel.

I would think the rule is to prevent cars from running out of energy and stopping on the track. Of course, there is no such rule in most gas racing series... although I know there's been discussion of adding such rules. Also, some batteries can be damaged when 100% of their capacity is used... maybe it's one of those rules to "save the teams from themselves" in terms of buying new batteries and so on.
I like short, simple signatures!
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

1nsane wrote:I watched maybe the first 20 minutes and then saw this end crash. It wasn't the most interesting racing so I didn't want to watch a full hour or more of it. The series itself is interesting, and since they run on these street courses, they really could bring this to Finland too. This would propably be a cool event to witness live.
This series just has some silly rules. (Surprise, considering it's run by FIA...). The guy on third place got dropped some places because of "using too much energy". I'm sorry, what? Why not make the batteries small enough so this "using too much energy" won't happen. Use too much, the car stops. But no, let's turn this thing into a calculator match. Oh and the calculators can only use solar power.

Lucky for Heidfeld that the car didn't have time to rotate any more, would have been a nasty ending if the wall was a meter later.
My Formula E cycle:
> At the D-Day, can't watch the race, throwing some "mis-fired" puns
> Seeing the Heidfeld/Prost crash...
> :o ...
> Finally downloads the full race
> Formula E is boring they said...

I gave this one a go and it turned out that this race really gave a run for my money for its close racing. Yes, the cars are somewhat slow, but it does provide great racing, even to an extent a car would almost hit someone's rear. The EJ is quite a twist to the race, and the only thing I wanted from him is that I want him to turn on Darude - Sandstorm :lol: no, just kidding

The car change thingy was also interesting to watch. In the end, I really am anticipating to see the second race.

Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Blimey, it's the series first race and they think it's slow? The technology just got a run, this will speed up fairly quickly when they can get battery life and things sorted. It will be a big series soon.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I also think that if they are slow now it means nothing :). In future seasons the technology will speed up, I belive.

Last race of World Rallycross Championship had the closest finish :D. 0.005s between Petter Solberg and Mattias Ekstrom from DTM :).

Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Mad Dan wrote:I also think that if they are slow now it means nothing :). In future seasons the technology will speed up, I belive.

Last race of World Rallycross Championship had the closest finish :D. 0.005s between Petter Solberg and Mattias Ekstrom from DTM :).

Probably the best photo finish ever happened. Sad that I couldn't catch the full race...

In other news, while it is days ago, I heard that one of the V8 Supercars's calendar coincide with Bathurst 12 Hour's schedule and that the V8S people aren't happy with their drivers branching out to B12hr.

So, it's between no more Lowndes vs SVG at B12hr or there still is.

Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Sorry for the double post: Here's my take on Formula E. Looking forward to the next race like I said. :D

RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Ambitious. It looks promising. :) But if it'll realized, is an another question..... :please: :scratch:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

It's interesting, I don't know how well that might work out. Could make the series look a lot different in a couple of years. Although with Ford pulling out, they might as well call it the "Holden V8 Trophy" or even the "Red Bull V8 Trophy" since most of the field drives Holdens and Red Bull mostly dominates anyway.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

In a few days the Rally Dakar 2015 starts, which will drive in Argentina, Bolivia and in Chile. :yummy:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Yes, and this time don't end in Chile, will end in Argentina, and you heard that Francisco ''Chaleco'' Lopez, a Chilean driver, will leave the Motorcycle category and will race in the Cars category? :misch:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I cannot wait for this. :yummy:
Last edited by Trigger Happy on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Trigger Happy wrote:I cannot wait for this. :yummy:
That will be epic! :bowdown:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

Sebastien Loeb :shock: :bowdown:
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

That was amazing first stage from him :yummy: I was never his fan but he made great return :bg:...