Other motorsport discussion *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
The Noose

Re: Other motorsport discussion *spoiler*

Post by The Noose »

Same kind of thing happened to Gilles Villeneuve and Jochen Mass. Mass was going to the right and let Villeneuve pass, but Villeneuve went from the right side and hit to the rear wheel of Mass and well... You know what happened.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Bouncebackability wrote:
1nsane wrote: The one who caused the crash I posted was the guy driving in the front. He did the same as what Schumacher did to Barrichello today. This one just didn't end too well...
where did you hear this? heres what i read...
Jousse said of the incident: "I knew he was there, but he came so quickly. I was a bit slow, because I was on worn tyres, and I didn't want to protect my position from him. I stayed on the right and I thought he'd pass me on the left."
If it wasn't for him blocking (no matter what he says), you just have to wonder what on earth was going in his head. If he first veers to the left on the exit leaving a space of one car to the right of his car and then closes the gap while knowing that someone faster is behind him in that part of the track, that is pretty dumb. The right side of the track on that part is the passing lane and so it would have been better if Jousse just sticked to the left and let van der Drift pass the normal way.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Paw

Post by Paw »

1nsane wrote:If it wasn't for him blocking (no matter what he says), you just have to wonder what on earth was going in his head. If he first veers to the left on the exit leaving a space of one car to the right of his car and then closes the gap while knowing that someone faster is behind him in that part of the track, that is pretty dumb. The right side of the track on that part is the passing lane and so it would have been better if Jousse just sticked to the left and let van der Drift pass the normal way.
Well, when you are overtaking, you need to know what the guy in front of you is going to do. And this miscommunication is causing these kind of accidents. For example if I'm being lapped in online race in GTR2, I stick to the normal driving line and let the faster guy find a gap to pass or clearly move to the side and flick the lights.
kart_fahrer

Post by kart_fahrer »

eveofracing wrote:
1nsane wrote:Brands Hatch causing yet another major accident (Warning, the driver was injured)
Hands up everyone who thinks that the track will get some major changes in the next few years... Two major crashes in such a short time and we are very lucky that no one was killed. Although neither of the crashes were caused by the track itself, it was still a part at creating the dangerous moments.
Problem is not that big, they just need some 2,5m tall catchfences to avoid such things. Most crashes happen because drivers are dumb (specially, open-wheel drivers, just too many examples of dumbness to list them all) and bumps on the tracks have little or nothing to do with major crashes.

List of drivers that I remember that have showed how dumb they are:
· The guy on the video (Superleague, Brands hatch 2010)
· R. Gordon (NASCAR, Chicagoland 2010)
· C. Morales (Moto2, Barcelona 2010)
· M. Webber (F1, Valencia 2010)
· J. Kral (Gp2, Valencia 2010)
· K. Bräck (Indycar, Texas)
- Most crashes were caused because drivers are so dumb they cannot see how far is the driver in front of them. Gordon's crash shows how dumb he is because he couldn't avoid a stopped car.
xD

. L. Hamilton (F1, Shanghai 2008)

- Mhh.. the pit entrance is too tricky for him :doh:
Buka

Post by Buka »

Does someone follow WTCC? Explain me please, where Colin Turkinton is. The most interesting racer in WTCC, IMHO.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

he was only ever penciled in to do three rounds this year. wether he comes back later this year, maybe for macau. as for next year, i dont know...
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

FIA trying to kick him out for his epic awesome pwnageness.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Haruna Say wrote:FIA trying to kick him out for his epic awesome pwnageness.
No, he was 'cheating'.
dead14vii1640 wrote:
1nsane wrote:Brands Hatch causing yet another major accident (Warning, the driver was injured)
Hands up everyone who thinks that the track will get some major changes in the next few years... Two major crashes in such a short time and we are very lucky that no one was killed. Although neither of the crashes were caused by the track itself, it was still a part at creating the dangerous moments.
Problem is not that big, they just need some 2,5m tall catchfences to avoid such things. Most crashes happen because drivers are dumb (specially, open-wheel drivers, just too many examples of dumbness to list them all) and bumps on the tracks have little or nothing to do with major crashes.

- Most crashes were caused because drivers are so dumb they cannot see how far is the driver in front of them. Gordon's crash shows how dumb he is because he couldn't avoid a stopped car.
Do you even know what you're talking about? 95% of those were plain racing accidents. The only thing dumb is your post, actually.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Bouncebackability wrote:he was only ever penciled in to do three rounds this year. wether he comes back later this year, maybe for macau. as for next year, i dont know...
Thanks. I hope he'll return.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Resident

Post by Resident »

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/muutlajit/uu ... oriurheilu
Short in english: Apex Desing Ltd. has planned a 2nd classificated motorsport track in Finland (Vantaa, Iitti). The project has been runned by AKK-Motorsport and Finnish motorassociation together with Iitti's town and Kouvola's town. FIA has been one of sponsors in designing the track. The track will be 4.7 kilometers long and it will suit for almost every motorsportclasses but not for F1.

So, finally we will have a proper racetrack here again and we can see some WTCC, GT1, Porsche cup etc.! Too bad that we still have to wait for F1 races in Finland even we love motorsport.
And as you can see, there are few parts taken from RWL tracks (for example from Suzuka and Shanghai).
Kimiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

And still if here would be a F1 requirements filling track I don't think they would come here to race.
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Yay, another average race track taking away events from historical race courses.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Alonsomania wrote:Yay, another average race track taking away events from historical race courses.
Eh? It may take an even away from some WTCC series, that in my opinion doesn't even have that historical events... OR GT1... Nope, not too many "historical" races there either. And atleast the track is built somewhere where the people already know something about motorsports and are enthustiastics about it. The track profile itself isn't the typical Tilkedrome accelerate, brake hard, tight turn, accelerate, etc. etc. Sure there's again the 1km long straight and a tight curve right after it, that makes it look a bit cheap and "average" but otherwise the track seems to have a nice flow.

Looking at some of the parts, the walls miget actually get pretty close to the track at some points.

It's a shame they didn't say anything about when the track is going to be finished. I'm sure I will be there once it is done and they have some international events there.

The most interesting part about the news is that once the track is finished, it will also work as race driving coaching center. We might start getting even more finnish stars in the future, if they just get some good coaches from different series' to teach the youngsters.
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Talking about WTCC, race in Czech in 2011 will be last, sadly for few czech fans :D. I´d drop MotoGP instead.....
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

2 races for 10-12 laps calling itself a World Championship? Not big loss at all, I think. ;) Anyway, people, who were there this year was saying me, that biggest fun of the weekend was the races of the Maserati GT Trofeo. :D Bigger pity is, that GT1 is lost again after year. :kickcan:
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

An enormous amount of tracks are being built nowadays, all aiming at the same championship. So either they won't get it and lose a lot of money, or series are going away from the traditional tracks (Spa-Francorchamps,Hockenheim,Montreal,Nurburgring,Imola etc in F1 :shrug:)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

These ''traditional'' tracks had kicked off another tracks in past too, when were coming to calendars often (Mosport-Montreal). What is traditional track? Where were races before I was born? Or my father? or my granddad? :roll:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, I would only call those tracks traditional that were there when the series started. And they also have to use at least some part of the original track. That's why I wouldn't even call the current Nürburgring as traditional, let alone historical.

Sure, I don't like the old tracks being bumped by the newer tracks in F1, but that is life. Sometimes it's just time to move on. And since Spa is constantly on the line right now, I would say it's more because of the track owners not having enough of money. And not enough people coming in...
I seriously wouldn't want to see Melbourne being kicked out, but I'm afraid that is the reality in, let's say, 5 years. And we just have to live with it.

Now, speaking about the true spectacle/classic/historical races. What would you people choose as them. Remember, they have to be something truly spectacular, and I would say that the amount should be limited to 10 tracks max. Otherwise they will lose their shine.

I guess my list will only have tracks that are still in use...

And now you have had enough of time to think about your own list before checking out others' lists, so here is mine:

Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Bathurst, Daytona, Indianapolis, Monaco, Macau, Le-Mans, Nordschleife. (And Singapore will get the status in 20 years if they just keep racing there)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Keep in mind, that the Ring always consisted from north and south loop. Sometimes was used for GP the North one, sometimes the south one and occasionally even the combined layout of both. So i still consider the Ring to be one track in sum like always, just one it's part is very rebuilt. :shrug:

BTW let's keep this topic away from F1, which has own topic. :?
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

dead14vii1640 wrote:
1nsane wrote:
Uhm.. Guy on the video(Chris van der Drift) is not dumb at all. Miscommunication, because the AS Roma car went to right, whilst he thought he'd go left(off the racing line) went he tried to pass, the AS Roma car just went to the right a little and BANG BOOM PANGGG Crash happened.
Listen to my favourite song here

And subscribe to my YouTube account here

aka. Inca4life
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Ivo Porč wrote:Keep in mind, that the Ring always consisted from north and south loop. Sometimes was used for GP the North one, sometimes the south one and occasionally even the combined layout of both. So i still consider the Ring to be one track in sum like always, just one it's part is very rebuilt. :shrug:
The North loop has always been used for the Grand Prix. the south loop was used for local and motorcycle events and in fact a combined track has never been used. The combined track, for the 48hrs and 84hrs race used the Steilstrecke instead of the Karussel. So in fact, the Nordschleife (with the karussel) has never been used for the combined track. Betonschleife was used as often as the Nordschleife actually.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Not true, I think. Gesamtstrecke (south+north together) was used for German GPs 1927-29, Südschleife in 1960? (F2). And many other races were held there. Simply it was and is integral part of the track's racing tradition.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Just on that topic, does anyone know if the Sudschleife exists for any racing games? As soon as I heard of it I wanted to drive the real "full" Nurburgring, but apparently no one else cares or there's just not enough info... maybe it could even be made for GR? :D
I like short, simple signatures!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I´m wondering if anyone made old sudschleife for GR :scratch: