Other motorsport discussion *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Other motorsport discussion *spoiler*

Post by Doorslammer »

Has discovered the most ugliest car I can think of by a million miles.

I don't have any issues about any of the might and muscle underneath, but the so-called "Mustang" body (harhar) has been designed by an ugly pencil, fabricated by an ugly stick and painted with an ugly brush.

Just my opinion though. Thoughts?

Oh, here's a comparison to something a bit more... well, normal.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Then you haven't seen this. Behold: the ugliest racing paintjob in existence! David Reutimanns' Toyota Camry in Talladega 2007.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Aagh! My eyes!
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Sorry for:

a) Bump
b) Double posting
c) All of the above

But Dave (hello) has finally finished his very first article for Dragster Australia magazine. Well his half of the race report from last weekend anyway. So I'll buy millions of copies*. So how's that for other motorsport news? Very exciting stuff waving this pencil about**. This was last week's announcement in full: http://www.facebook.com/?q=#/pages/Drag ... 221?ref=ts (dated 27th Jan 2011)

*-Not really. **-Stand back, I'm dangerous doing that.
Martyn

2011 Crashes Thread

Post by Martyn »

Post videos of this years racing crashes here.

Because there could potentially be some very bad accidents, please do not embed these accidents, but post a link and a very clear warning.

This happened in yesterday's GP2 Asia race

Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: 2011 Crashes Thread

Post by Doorslammer »

I'm already gunning for 2011's smallest crash yet. :D

Just watched that first post. Blimey, that was an unfortunate but very clumsy move.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

its good to see they took the cars through the pitlane, i always thought it stupid they didnt do that in F1 in the past
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

after the Schumacher Liuzzi crash at Abu Dhabi last year the sfety car took the f1 guys along a bit of track that cut out the chicane
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

not a crash but some very good racing from a couple of weekends ago

(maybe the thread can change to a '2011 racing highlights' thread rather than just crashes? :2c: )

edit: what am i talking about, we have a thread for this here :doh:
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Autosport.com wrote:Nick Hamilton, younger brother of 2008 Formula 1 world champion Lewis, will begin his own racing career this season in the UK Renault Clio Cup.

The 19-year-old, who has cerebral palsy, has agreed a deal with Total Control Racing - a multiple championship-winning team in the British Touring Car support category.

"I have loved motorsport from a young age and watching my brother achieve so much has given me inspiration to make my own racing debut," he said.

"I know this will not be an easy task, but I hope that my doing this will give inspiration to others who have challenges in their life. I can't wait to be racing."

Hamilton recently gained his National B race licence and has already tested a 2010-spec Clio Cup car.

His deal was brokered by his father Anthony, who said: "Nicolas has followed his brother's career from an early age and it was natural that he would want to get behind the wheel competitively himself.

"The Renault Clio Cup offers a tremendous platform for him, with great television coverage and exposure and I'm sure it will be highly enjoyable too."
Nick regularly beats Lewis, Heikki Kovalainen and Adrian Sutil on racing games with the seat built in. Good luck to the lad!!!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Bouncebackability wrote:edit: what am i talking about, we have a thread for this here :doh:
It's pleasure to moderate this forum sometimes. :bg: Post moved. :D

BTW really amazing racing. :hyper: I hope, that this year (and since 2013 mainly) the cars of a certain series racing on full course there will be able to stay so nicely behind rear of first car too. :)
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

could we not have had a seperate thread for videos?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I didn't merge whole ''crash thread'', just the general racing video post of BBA, even if this thread's previous posts are basically covering discussion about various crashes very often too, so maybe I should have merge it all. Because thread ''just for videos'' and this topic have actually pretty identical theme - I quite don't understand, why you need separate ''video thread'' when you can post them here to initiate discussion about them.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeaah, Nascar season starts again with Daytona 500. Is anyone else going to watch it?
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

well i didnt watch it live (i couldnt) but i just watched some very short highlights. Nice to see Wood Brothers win again, and a great story having Bayne win. but absoultly ridiculous when you look at the points standings now theyve changed them
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Man, that was such a good race! This 2 car combo racing really showed a new way of racing. It was just insane how they could keep it going all through the race.
And indeed, the finish was just like out of a storybook. What a nice way for the series to get a new driver. I'm sure he will have a pretty long career now that he won the Daytona 500. I was constantly afraid someone might turn him to the wall during the final laps, but thankfully not. Yet another great Daytona 500!

Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Red flag at Phoenix, bug accident on the back straight, no one hurt thankfully
Cristiano Bohessef

Post by Cristiano Bohessef »

Good to see Jeff Gordon at the victory lane again :bsmile:
ECOlogic Racing Team
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Yeah, he was 66 races without a win, quite unbelievable for a driver of his standard
Alex

Post by Alex »

I know! I remember about 2004/2005/2006 when Jeff Gordon was like the best driver in NASCAR. Since then he has been mainly towards the back of the pack. It's nice to see the #24 car winning again. :bsmile:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

It's actually quite funny that the commentators and people kept on hyping about how he has had a 66 winless streak. That is actually just two years of not having a victory, since they have 36 races a year. Obviously there's not much to do during the whole season if the car isn't that good, or if you are close to winning but someone else always takes you out. It was pretty near on this race too.

Good job on winning, though.
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

It's Westernationals week over here, and there's some exciting prospects in store.

Have a go at this Simon Travaglini BA Falcon built for Super Sedan (that's right, Super Sedan, the dial-in class...). Steel body, line lock, working lights, it's pretty much the wildest vehicle possible for the class I reckon and will probably smash the national record by around 4 tenths (currently sits at an already quick 6.98 seconds for a 1/4 mile).

The first thing you probably noticed was the rather unusual exhaust. It's massive compared to a typical car of it's type...

A comparison Doorslammer-spec BF Falcon. The differences are immense.

Other cool things recorded on Saturday's Bracket Bash event and test day included...

Clive Hudson brought his front engine dragster for licensing. He plans to be back in the big red C10 real soon, I imagine.

Robin Judd's recoloured Studebaker looking very flash and shiny.

A surprise visit by the Greene Machine Nitro Funny Car.

Plus some more fun with fire as OMR had a play as well.

I'll have more news as it happens on the Wednesday test day, then through next weekend's event as well.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

Brain fade of the day goes to:

Moral of the story. Don't leave the pins on the parachutes on the car and don't and take the corner if you were going too fast to do so...
Cristiano Bohessef

Post by Cristiano Bohessef »

This is a good finish! :shock:

ECOlogic Racing Team