Good bye and other personal announcements

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
RobertRacer

Re: Good bye and other personal announcements

Post by RobertRacer »

Areen wrote:So I'm saying goodbye. Thank you everyone for this amazing years, but it's time to move on especially looking on my actual personal situation. Have fun guys with 40 polygons! :)
I hope that that isn't forever. If yes, I can only say, we will very very very (after 100 very's) miss you. :( Have fun in your after Generally live. :wave:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
marass

Post by marass »

Another good user quitting? Well, this is getting serious. I think biggest problem is that our generation hasn't got time for GR anymore and yes, we are the first generation of GR.

But yup, I hope they will come back.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Honestly I don't think that we all have that much time to play GR - this is due to either school/university, family, work and other priorities in life. All of us one day will have less time for GeneRally - even I may stop being that active as I'm now when the time comes. Look at the game development itself for example - we had to wait 8 years until a new version, due to the developers had other commitments and didn't had time for GR.

Those, who announce their decision to minimize their GR time, leave a footprint for the newer players. And let's be honest this is the legacy that leave guys like Areen for the future. They will never be forgotten.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Hummm... I think it some wave, very first guys, who had 10-15 years old when GR saw daylight, after maximum 10 years had to finish (but there are some exceptions). So I think Areen is second "wave" and may be more guys like him.
Hovewer, good luck, Areen ;)
ALL TRACKS
marass

Post by marass »

Guys, you can see that I am less active than before. It has got two reasons
a) GR does not make more fun for me any more (nothing bad, but I just grown up, have a driving licence, found few better (not racing) games, etc.)
b) I do not have time for GR any more, I am in last year of High school and need to prepare to school leaving exam.

So, here are consequences, e. g. I won't be so active, maybe rather inactive (I will hibernate) - so I will reading forum, maybe I will post some post (probably in OT section)

Also, I know, that I wasn't so well known member, not so good trackmaker, or good driver, or good car maker (I didn't make any car)
But, I will keep eye on you (I have friends on FB from this forum [FRUKIScze, I think we made a good friendship])

So, good bye,.. for this time (I will be back in summer 2015, probably)
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

No worries, everyone has that stage, and you see, GR can't be forgotten that easy. See you soon, and don't forget to use Frukis shampoo! ;)
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
zgr

Post by zgr »

Herbal wrote:No worries, everyone has that stage, and you see, GR can't be forgotten that easy. See you soon, and don't forget to use Frukis shampoo! ;)
Yeah, it's really too easy to forget GR, but GeneRally is still so much fun to me, I just had a break in 2012-2013 because I had very important exams, too.
But when can forget GR that easy, you can make a quick return to GR in the future easily, too. :goodvibes:

Hope to see you soon :wave:
Hello.
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

zgr wrote:
Herbal wrote:No worries, everyone has that stage, and you see, GR can't be forgotten that easy. See you soon, and don't forget to use Frukis shampoo! ;)
Yeah, it's really too easy to forget GR, but GeneRally is still so much fun to me, I just had a break in 2012-2013 because I had very important exams, too.
But when can forget GR that easy, you can make a quick return to GR in the future easily, too. :goodvibes:

Hope to see you soon :wave:
Actually I played GeneRally long time ago - 2005-2006. Then my first PC got broke and all GR related was lost. I started playing Generally again around 2008-2010 - that was during the RSC period. And since 2011 I have GR regularly on my laptop in verious modes.

For sure this period will also has its end and maybe after short hiatus may start a new time period - who know what the future holds.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Herbal wrote:and don't forget to use Frukis shampoo! ;)
!!! U MUST USE IT !!!
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Buka

Post by Buka »

What is it, some kind of fashion - quitting GeneRally? Than stop it. :talkth:
zgr

Post by zgr »

Buka wrote:What is it, some kind of fashion - quitting GeneRally? Than stop it. :talkth:
:iagree:
Hello.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

It's a blend of real life, games that became more fun to play than GR and coincidence imho. I have to admit I'm in the same circumstance as I'm both busy with school and playing games other than GeneRally - Panzer Corps being one example ;) - during my free time.

Buka, you're busy with your job as well, aren't you? As I suppose you are, I expected you to show empathy towards these guys.
Buka

Post by Buka »

DuklaLiberec wrote:Buka, you're busy with your job as well, aren't you? As I suppose you are, I expected you to show empathy towards these guys.
I wasn't blaming them. It was cry from my heart.

Big boys don't need empathy. :shhh:
puttz

Post by puttz »

I'm finding that I have less and less time for compo organizing and racing, so V8 Supercars may very well be my last organized compo for a while. I won't be running any of the series I was thinking of for late January/Early February. I'll keep working on the stuff for the next season of the management series and hopefully run that at some point. I'm both graduating from college, getting a job, and getting married this Summer so that may very well mark the end of my GR days, at least for a while. It's been a good run as a compo organizer and I hope I brought you all some fun drives in my various series :)
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

puttz wrote:and getting married this Summer so that may very well mark the end of my GR days, at least for a while.
Too bad but that means you're engaged, right? Congrats! :bg:
puttz

Post by puttz »

That would be correct. Thanks! :D I may be able return to some limited GR stuff after a few months (late fall/early winter, in time for another season of V8SC), I'm pretty sure my soon to be Mrs. puttz won't mind ;)
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

puttz wrote:That would be correct. Thanks! :D I may be able return to some limited GR stuff after a few months (late fall/early winter, in time for another season of V8SC), I'm pretty sure my soon to be Mrs. puttz won't mind ;)
Congrats Puttz! I hope to see little Puttz Jr. here in 15 years :haha:
if you are planning one, but that's just a little bit personal, that's why i am not asking :hide:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

FRUKIScze wrote:
puttz wrote:That would be correct. Thanks! :D I may be able return to some limited GR stuff after a few months (late fall/early winter, in time for another season of V8SC), I'm pretty sure my soon to be Mrs. puttz won't mind ;)
Congrats Puttz! I hope to see little Puttz Jr. here in 15 years :haha:
if you are planning one, but that's just a little bit personal, that's why i am not asking :hide:
By then most of us will be around 35-36 years old (some will be even 40+) and IDK if we will play GeneRally :D
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

ivaneurope wrote:By then most of us will be around 35-36 years old (some will be even 40+) and IDK if we will play GeneRally :D
I'm already 37 and I play GR. :P
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

puttz wrote:I'm finding that I have less and less time for compo organizing and racing, so V8 Supercars may very well be my last organized compo for a while. I won't be running any of the series I was thinking of for late January/Early February. I'll keep working on the stuff for the next season of the management series and hopefully run that at some point. I'm both graduating from college, getting a job, and getting married this Summer so that may very well mark the end of my GR days, at least for a while. It's been a good run as a compo organizer and I hope I brought you all some fun drives in my various series :)
Ok, have good luck with the end of the collage and with finding a job. And, let's hope that little Puttz will join our community in 10-15 years or, when he grow as fast as the Stig in 1 year. ;)

But it's a shame, that there won't be a ''Daytona 500'' sim in 2015. :vsad: But don't worry. Maybe I can make a ''Indy 500'' sim in this year, and if not, 100% for the 100th ''Indy 500'' in 2016. :)

So, have much fun in this year, puttz. :bg:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Hi everyone,

While attempting to solve problems with the Save Game Merger, HP Recovery decided it would be a funny idea to wipe my back up drive clean off. This has resulted in me losing a lot more than just cars or tracks; in fact, I've also lost the one thing that has kept me wanting to make stuff for the community, the physics sheet used for all of the World of Racing and other releases (every car file with the [DE] tag, for example). Rest assured though, Single Exhibition Events fans - you'll get those results soon.

The World of Racing project however has made me realize a second thing. My needs as an artist have finally overpowered GeneRally's capabilities. Even GR2's capabilities will not be enough to support me, so it is with this regret that I finally go into hiding. Sometimes you might see me on the scoreboard for a competition, but otherwise, my career here is likely to be over.

Thanks for everything, though. It's been one hell of a run, guys.
Last edited by Haruna on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
puttz

Post by puttz »

That's really a shame :( You've had some great releases over the years :bg: They physics were quite enjoyable, especially in time trials. The AIs sometimes had issues on some tracks, but made for good racing on plenty of tracks, too. I can tell you have been getting increasingly stuck on GR's poly limits as more and more holes have appeared in your cars to make up for polies that weren't available. Good luck in the rest of your endeavors :bg:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Oh man, that's bad news, Haruna. :( I wish you all the best in future, and hope to see you around every now and then despite what happened. :)
Buka

Post by Buka »

That's the worst news for GR in month. :weep: Good buy, Haruna, we'll really miss you. :sorry:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

It's sad that you lost all your progress. :(

It's sadder that World of Racing will die because of this and you're leaving us. :weep:

Anyway, have a nice time in the rest of live. :|

The next user, leaving GR. 2014, many users left this forum (Luke, Areen, Bird [and in 2015] you, and marass (until Summer). And 2014 only 5 people joined our community. I'm one of them. Let's hope, that this community will survive. :shy:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff