Good bye and other personal announcements

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Areen

Re: Good bye and other personal announcements

Post by Areen »

I can only say - Thank you so much! :) But yeah, this is the end of this journey.

@Trigger Happy - I only used a word "duty" but I've never felt like it was a real duty. It's just a word game. ;)
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

On Friday I'm going to a school trip for 1 week. I will be back at the 26th September, a Friday too. :p

In that time I can't be active. So, just wait. :)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Bird

Post by Bird »

I'm finished with Generally... just wanted to say goodbye to anyone here. I don't expect to come back, because for the racing games, I got to another level of racing with games like Grand Prix 3 and Grand Prix Legends (at least they support Windows 98). Me and a friend of mine are doing 100% weekends... totally insane and addictive. I have no time left for Generally, but I had great moments with this game. Really. So thank you for giving this game a good base!
Supporter of Windows 98
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

ByeBye Bird. We will all miss you!
Maybe we will spotting us in Real-life, because we're living in the SAME town. :D :mrgreen: :rofl:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Farewell, Bird. It was nice having you around :bg: Enjoy your other games!
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

:wave:
This clip is in Hungarian, translated to English: Fly away, Birdie
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Bye Bird, thanks for everything! I wish you all good in your future. :up:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Rest assured Bird, your longing for :gr: will come back sooner or later. ;)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

My GeneRally story is over.. I was thinking much time about it, but I think nothing will change. You could think after 3rd place in May I'll grow up. I thought the same. But I didn't want to make finish tracks I've started. And they still are in my folder. Sometimes I think it would be nice to finish them. But I haven't any desires. I can't explain it a bit. But what's a fun from thing you don't want to make?
You may see I'm not active aa before.. That's because I have different priority in my life, I have hard times at school, also I want to focus on music I'm making and I'm closer and closer to finish my first tracks ;) I've met fantastic girl... I don't wanna cheat up myself and you - I won't finish any of tracks in my book and in my folder on the computer. I don't wanna say it's definately (cause you never know what happen ;) ) end of my trackmaking.
And sorry to guys, who had plans to make a collab track with me. Hopefully it hasn't started yet, so it will be no loss. Thank you to all who supported me and wrote good words about my efforts :)
ALL TRACKS
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

And what happen to the unfinished tracks? Are they going to the abandoned VIP thread?
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

When I'll have more time I'll upload it and will try make some last layouts from my book ;)
ALL TRACKS
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

YoNnie wrote:My GeneRally story is over..
WAT
YoNnie wrote:was thinking much time about it, but I think nothing will change. You could think after 3rd place in May I'll grow up.....
Like...
YoNnie wrote:I thought the same. But I didn't want to make finish tracks I've started. And they still are in my folder. Sometimes I think it would be nice to finish them. But I haven't any desires. I can't explain it a bit. But what's a fun from thing you don't want to make?....
WHY?
Yonnie wrote:You may see I'm not active aa before.. That's because I have different priority in my life, I have hard times at school, also I want to focus on music I'm making and I'm closer and closer to finish my first tracks ;) ...
I still don't see a proper reason...
YoNnie wrote:I've met fantastic girl...
Oh... there it is ok.

Just Joking :rofl:
Enjoy your Off-Generally trip and i can't wait to see you here back soon because i know, that you will come back for sure (god knows when) if you'll follow your heart.
Good bye my friend :wave:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

YoNnie wrote:My GeneRally story is over.. I was thinking much time about it, but I think nothing will change. You could think after 3rd place in May I'll grow up. I thought the same. But I didn't want to make finish tracks I've started. And they still are in my folder. Sometimes I think it would be nice to finish them. But I haven't any desires. I can't explain it a bit. But what's a fun from thing you don't want to make?
You may see I'm not active aa before.. That's because I have different priority in my life, I have hard times at school, also I want to focus on music I'm making and I'm closer and closer to finish my first tracks ;) I've met fantastic girl... I don't wanna cheat up myself and you - I won't finish any of tracks in my book and in my folder on the computer. I don't wanna say it's definately (cause you never know what happen ;) ) end of my trackmaking.
And sorry to guys, who had plans to make a collab track with me. Hopefully it hasn't started yet, so it will be no loss. Thank you to all who supported me and wrote good words about my efforts :)
Goodbye YonNie :wave: , your constructive criticism help me to make best tracks. ;)
ps. If you not want finish some track i can finish it :P
marass

Post by marass »

Goodbye YoNnie Better live in real-world than GR-world. Even we are close community, I think we can not split. I think we will be filled with someone else. I understand that school stuff is hard (I know it too, and that is reason for less activity here), you have a girl,.. so good luck with her (I do not know this feel yet) and better take care of her than GR-tracks :)
As FRUKIScze wrote, I believe you will come back later.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Thank you for nice words guys ;) I'm happy I could help my experience to make better tracks ;) That mean my time wasn't wasted ;)
And.. Yeah, I hope I'll find motivation and will finish my tracks :) But it will be far future I think. So I'll take my tracks back ti me.. If someday I'll think I can finish it :P
PS: I wrote I met girl.. So it's not my girlfriend yet... But I hope she will ;)
ALL TRACKS
cocney

Post by cocney »

Good luck and wish you only the best!!! I know how it is with motivation, I can't find it either but from time to time, I remember those tracks and my visions in head appear again. Once you made a good track and you were praised by others, you will want it again. The memory of it won't vanish and once it will jump out again. I haven't released a track in a while but I have that one I'm working on for 6 months already. It's waiting to become my best track and one day it will be finished...I just want to say that Generally is like a drug, after you test it, it stays forever with you.

Don't lose motivation for your GF and school. Those things matter in life. Generally is just here for amusement.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
puttz

Post by puttz »

Farewell, YoNnie. It was good to meet you in this community :bg: Good luck in school, and perhaps some day we will see you back here in GR land.

Also, on my own note, as you may have noticed, I'm pretty occupied with school myself at the moment, so you probably won't be seeing much content from me until mid December.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

You'll be missed, YoNnie. Take care and good luck with that girl you talked about. :D
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

In the year 2005, I first got an internet connection to my own computer, and one of the first things I did was download this incredibly fun game called GeneRally that I had played at my friend's place. A few months later I discovered RSC and the GR forums and registered there, being only 10 years old and barely knowing any English. Back then I had no idea how big a part the game and the community would be in my life, and for how long.

Now, 9 years later, I finally feel like this game doesn't have anything to offer me anymore. It's an incredibly long period of time, considering the scale of the game. It goes without saying, that if it wasn't for the community I would've had enough with the game waaaaay sooner.
Trackmaking was always by far the number one thing about GeneRally for me, there aren't many things that I've spent more time on in my life than on trackmaking. It can easily be perceived as a waste of all that time, but I definitely do not feel that way. I don't think anything else has given me as strong a sense of accomplishment, and I believe that the things I've learned through trackmaking will be useful to me in many ways, most of them being unexpected and without me realizing it. People always say, that they will come back, but I am almost 100% certain that I will never publish another track. While there are things left for me to achieve (I've ever had hardly any success in ToY), I'm very satisfied with my career. The success I've had in ToM contests and especially the trackmaster award really warm my heart, but seeing my tracks influence other people's creations makes me feel extremely proud, whenever that happens.

The community has given me a lot, I've grown a lot as a person throughout the years while interacting with the community, and I also have made a close and probably lifelong friend in Darjo. I hope I've also given something significant back with my contributions.

Of course, this is not an ultimate goodbye, I will still continue visiting the forums and maybe post every now and then. But I haven't lately been nearly as active as I have in the past and that is not going to change.

Anyway, I want to sincerely thank every single member of the community for the years I've been able to enjoy with you. :ghug:
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

ByeBye Aleksi. :wave: You'll be missed by us. Wish you best for your life. :shaking:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Wish you all the best with your life, Aleksi. :wave: But I still secretly hope we haven't seen all of you. ;)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Good luck in whatever you'll do :) it was good seeing you around for sure, you were one of the trackmakers I admired when I first joined RSC back then, your tracks were teaching me :D. I too am not as active as I used to be but I remeber the older times with nostalgia. :wave:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

TuomoH wrote:Wish you all the best with your life, Aleksi. :wave: But I still secretly hope we haven't seen all of you. ;)
So do I. ;) Farewell, Aleksi, we will be always delighted to welcome you back whenever you feel like doing so. :wave:
Areen

Post by Areen »

So I'm saying goodbye. Thank you everyone for this amazing years, but it's time to move on especially looking on my actual personal situation. Have fun guys with 40 polygons! :)
zgr

Post by zgr »

Areen wrote:So I'm saying goodbye. Thank you everyone for this amazing years, but it's time to move on especially looking on my actual personal situation. Have fun guys with 40 polygons! :)
Sad to miss such a great track-maker and competition-creator and good racer :vsad: but good luck for everything you do in the future and thank you for great years :clap: :wave:
Hello.