Good bye and other personal announcements

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
cocney

Re: Good bye and other personal announcements

Post by cocney »

I am going to Czech for 1st May. I'll visit Prague, Krumlov and some casteles in south Czech :bsmile: .
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

cocney wrote:I am going to Czech for 1st May. I'll visit Prague, Krumlov and some casteles in south Czech :bsmile: .
I hope and trust that you'll enjoy your trip Concey :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
marass

Post by marass »

cocney: You have decided for mainstream. Yes, it is nice (in fact I was not here yet, except Prague). But also East Bohemia is nice piece of country, for example Litomysl (10 km away from me), or Ceska Trebova (czech railroad city with some sights, my hometown). For active holiday, nice trails for bike and foot.

But, you will enjoy it, I think.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

marass wrote:But, you will enjoy it, I think.
I do not think you'll enjoy it, cocney. I KNOW. ^^
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
cocney

Post by cocney »

I'm looking forward to it :bsmile: . I'll have to try Czechien beer eventhough I am 16.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

The most important sentense you will need to survive in Czech republic is "Pivo prosím!"
One beer please! :)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
cocney

Post by cocney »

Soooooo, I went and came back happy. Prague is really nice, Česky Krumlov too. I was impressed with number of tram lines and their length, and number 22 is one hell of a strong line. I mean, too climb that hill to Hradčani is hard and they do it easily. I was jealous about trams because we have them in Zagreb and they are slower then yours even tough they are same (old trams). Beer is amazing (I drank Kozel :bsmile: , Budvar form brewery :D , and Pilsner :vsad: ). I like that beer 10 because it so soft and really nice to drink. The food is the best part. I ate gulaš and svitčkova :yummy: and I think that you can't make a normally spieced meal. Svičkova is too sweet. Is diabetes the 1st disease? I would be surprised if it isn't by the way you put sugar in everything :P . I learned few words and I can tell: Djekuj Bohemia!
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Hey guys,

I´m going on a bycicle trip for the next 4 month or so.
I´ll start from my hometown in Germany and drive through Denmark and Norway all the way up to the Nordkapp.
The way back will lead me through Finland and the baltic countries.
So don´t be surprised if I won´t be here too often. ;)

I haven´t been very active the last month anyways, I simply couldn´t find the time... :(
But I plan to return around October and then I will hopefully have some more time for Generally!

Have a great summer and see you later. :bg:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Cool stuff, I hope you enjoy your trip :bg:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
marass

Post by marass »

Scholl wrote:Hey guys,

I´m going on a bycicle trip for the next 4 month or so.
I´ll start from my hometown in Germany and drive through Denmark and Norway all the way up to the Nordkapp.
The way back will lead me through Finland and the baltic countries.
So don´t be surprised if I won´t be here too often. ;)

I haven´t been very active the last month anyways, I simply couldn´t find the time... :(
But I plan to return around October and then I will hopefully have some more time for Generally!

Have a great summer and see you later. :bg:
That sounds like a great idea! I have similar (wild) ideas all the time. I have read a book from Czech author which goes opposite direction (From Norway to Czech Republic) I hope you will make it how you want it! Will you take photos and (or) write some blog about it? It will catch me :)
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Well, I didn´t make it very far.
I had an accident after 4 days and injured some ligaments in my knee which forced me to take a train back home and rest for a week.
At first I thought it wasn´t really bad, took some (a lot of) :shhh: painkillers and tried cycling again.
But the pain came back after 2 days. Apparently the injury is pretty complicated and it´s hard to tell which ligaments and muscles are actually harmed.
So after 3 weeks of waiting, visiting different doctors and taking a lot of medication I decided to give my knee a break of at least 2 months to avoid any further damage.
I don´t know at the moment if I´ll be able to continue my trip to the Nordkapp or be able to ride a bicycle in the near future.

I´m going through a pretty hard time at the moment because I planned my whole life just for this trip.
I finished my master-degree, broke up with my girlfriend and pretty much canceled my whole life because I thought I would be gone for at least half a year or probably even much longer.
Now I´m back at my parents house :yawn: with nothing to do except to look at the pile of shattered plans and to wonder what I´m supposed to do now.

At least I can watch the World Cup and finally have some time for Gerally again. ;)
So you can probably expect some new tracks from me in the near future.
cocney

Post by cocney »

Scholl wrote:At least I can watch the World Cup and finally have some time for Gerally again. ;)
So you can probably expect some new tracks from me in the near future.
s**t happens, daily! Sorry to hear that but I'm sure that you'll find a way out of this depression and dissapointment.
At least you have time for WC and Generally so you got that going for you which is nice :bg:
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

I'm back here after about a sudden three month break :)

Sorry, YoNnie (with who I planned to make a track together) and those, who were about take part in Golden Horseshoe Challenge, I shouldn't have left without saying a word to you first :sorry: , but I wasn't in good condition back then. Not that I would have ever been, things are just in better condition now. I don't think that I'm now able to do anything that would require me to be committed to something, so I won't continue the track project with you, YoNnie, or continue running the Golden Horseshoe Challenge now. Sorry, guys. But I will be working on solo projects, in which I can't let anyone down, if I suddenly disappear again. I know that I can trust that you guys will understand :)
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Sad news, but I know the life, I know how weird and suddenly it can go bad way what you wouldn't want to go. I hope you will can make this track with me in the future, not near, but in some time yes. At least I know this project is hanging or even cancelled.
ALL TRACKS
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up: I will be on a school trip this weekend and expect me to be back on Monday. :)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Great to see you back, Emil! :wave:

Have nice weekend, Dukla. :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

It's good to see you back, Emil! :cool2:
puttz

Post by puttz »

Now that it's Summer break, I seem to have just as little time for GR as I did during school. I'm working a job several days a week, and spending time with friends a lot of the other time, leaving me with not much for GR. So, you probably won't be seeing much from me for a while now :( NAGRCA GT is taking up a lot of my GR time.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

puttz wrote:Now that it's Summer break, I seem to have just as little time for GR as I did during school. I'm working a job several days a week, and spending time with friends a lot of the other time, leaving me with not much for GR. So, you probably won't be seeing much from me for a while now :( NAGRCA GT is taking up a lot of my GR time.
Fingers crossed NAGRCA GT won't end up in the same way like Herbal's previous compos did.
Trigger Happy wrote: Have nice weekend, Dukla. :)
Thanks Ivo. :bg: Fortunately I didn't miss anything important happening in the World Cup and in F1. :bsmile:
puttz

Post by puttz »

I am determined to run the full season, even if I have to do it without commentary. It is very time consuming, though, and this will likely be the only edition of the series.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

I could try running the race commentaries as I have done commentaries before (not in a GR competition though), but sadly I don't think my video recording is good enough, and that is the only thing I am capable of (but I could try some recording, though). I could try find a microphone for myself here...
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Hermes

Post by Hermes »

This week I will complete 100 official events in my history as pilot of GeneRally and want to thank all the friends who were part of it: V.Mendonça (organizer GRF1 2008 where it all started and my biggest supporter), Serginho (my master), Superprotecteur currently Richie (my biggest rival), MissPink (best partner), Alexsara (true genius), all Polish community which 'forced' my back to tracks, Jo.sk (for the immense contribution to GeneRally's world) and to every member of this forum for sharing the same love I feel for this game. Thank you!
sorry for my spelling mistakes
Eu me achei no colo do meu par (Banda do Mar) SONG
I found myself in the arms of my pair (free translated)
My stats in GWR (thanks Jo.sk)
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Congratulations Hermes!!!!!! that follow in more events!! :bg:
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Another heads up: I will be on vacation from July 9 to August 14. Wi-Fi is limited, but I'll try to visit the forums whenever I can.

@puttz: Please don't forget to take over PGR.de in NAGRCA GT.