Official GeneRally feature request list

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Paw

Re: An idea for a new GeneRally game

Post by Paw »

XYY wrote:Or you could create at least 5 different custom objects in one tracks with 30 vertexes and 40 polygons like in the careditor (but this one might be easy to bypass)
I would opt for not-so-big packs released officially by GRRacers forum, because with your option the size of tracks would raise (each track containing additional objects), or you'll have to download hundreds of addon object packs created by every single trackmaker ;)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Scrolling feature (where the camera moves as the player car do so like in Turbo Sliders). Interested with this?
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Sutinenn wrote:I forgot one of the most useful things: When you select the car from the list, should be like if the car file is for example "F1 2010 by Fechna" it there would not be all the cars in the list like:
Red bull
Renault
Ferrari

It would be like this:

|F1 2010 by Fechna|

...and when you click it:

|F1 2010 by Fechna| >|_____________________________________________|
| Red bull
| Renault
| Ferrari
That would be very useful. :nod:
I guess you mean something like in the attachment? This is not so hard to do since it'd take 1 or 2 lines of code to read the "header" which would indicate a title... Put it to screen and when clicked, just show the cars which follows... What am I doing here anyway??? o.O Useless thread...
Attachments
Sans titre.PNG
Sans titre.PNG (1.91 KiB) Viewed 11100 times
bhz

Post by bhz »

Rendy wrote:Scrolling feature (where the camera moves as the player car do so like in Turbo Sliders). Interested with this?
But what about 6-AI games? who will the player move with then?
Paw

Post by Paw »

bhz wrote:
Rendy wrote:Scrolling feature (where the camera moves as the player car do so like in Turbo Sliders). Interested with this?
But what about 6-AI games? who will the player move with then?
Same with 2 or more human players.
Maybe it could be defined.
- follow after leader
- don't move (as it is now)
- show all (it would zoom in and out to show all cars on screen)
- always show players:... (you would have to tick a box which drivers you want to see on screen, it would work as above)
winr

Post by winr »

Am I the only one who would be interested in first-person-view for GR?

I know the whole point of GR is that it is bird's-eye-view... but it'd be so cool to drive your car through a rally or street track in first-person.

It's probably much more difficult to do than bird's-eye-view.

But I agree with most players here that we shouldn't change GR too much (if we get the chance to). If we could change the view to scrolling or first-person or some other alternative then I would suggest increasing the world-size. That is the biggest wish I have. And maybe a few more polygons/vertices for cars.
Formerly Sentry435 from RSC
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

winr wrote:Am I the only one who would be interested in first-person-view for GR?

I know the whole point of GR is that it is bird's-eye-view... but it'd be so cool to drive your car through a rally or street track in first-person.

It's probably much more difficult to do than bird's-eye-view.

But I agree with most players here that we shouldn't change GR too much (if we get the chance to). If we could change the view to scrolling or first-person or some other alternative then I would suggest increasing the world-size. That is the biggest wish I have. And maybe a few more polygons/vertices for cars.
If there would be a cockpit view, it would be awesome, but landscapes and cars would look like crap from close... :hide:
So what about bigger landscape resolutions? like 2048 or 1024. :D
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

yeah, I also thought about that...
but 2048 wouldn't be good for trackmakers IMO becouse then you'll have much more pixels to do...
and another idea:
why don't we use the whole 16 colour palette, but only 13 colors?
the other 3 colours could be used for blue/green kerb ... and it wouldn*t be different for carmakers...
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

XYY wrote:yeah, I also thought about that...
but 2048 wouldn't be good for trackmakers IMO becouse then you'll have much more pixels to do...
and another idea:
the other 3 colours could be used for blue/green kerb ... and it wouldn*t be different for carmakers...
Well, trackmakers would have more work. :flip:
...... ಠ_ಠ
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

XYY wrote:yeah, I also thought about that...
and another idea:
What about 1024*1024 32bit surfaces? Duh... :really:
Paw

Post by Paw »

Well, what about HMap, LLap (32bit), and SurfaceMap (kinda similar to what LMap is now)? :really: No, this would be bad idea.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Paw wrote:Well, what about HMap, LLap (32bit), and SurfaceMap (kinda similar to what LMap is now)? :really: No, this would be bad idea.
Well, "surfaces" was meant to be LMAP actually... But HMAP should also be 1024*1024 but only 256 colors black/white... Like it is now but bigger...
dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Gameplay changes
· 10 (or 12) cars in track
· No airbourne control of the car

Sound changes
· Brand new soundpack with different sounds for every kind of racing (rally, open-wheel, touring/stock, monster truck, etc)

Changes concerning mods
· 60-polygons cars (you don't have to use them all!!!)
· 768x768 LMaps (1024x1024 is just too much)
· 128x128 HMaps
· New surfaces (colors) for LMaps: dirty asphalt, cobblestones (paveé) and concrete (Dover or ADAC Rally of Germany need that)
· Smarter AI lines so AI drivers will know if they have to slowdown BEFORE a turn and not just drift or so they know where to go on the inside or on the outside (suggested that after watching AI drivers failing to overtake on a chicane)

Misc. changes
· Tracks will automatically (trackmakers won't need to do it) have 2 different kinds of traction: good (sunny) and poor (rain, snow, etc)
· For example, with poor traction, tarmac will be more slippery and will leave some kind of dust to simulate spray while dirt will be much slower and won't have dust

Please, comment
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Leave the arcade features like control of airborne cars in there. Personally I think HMAPs should be the same size as the LMAP for much more accuracy. You can already do that soundpack bit, but otherwise, those are fairly reserved and I'd agree with them.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I don'T know if I already said this here but it would be great if you could change the palette in the options (like you can change soundsets)..
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

New suspension physics. Things like damping, springs, dampers.
And whole new physics for 2-wheeled vehicles.
...... ಠ_ಠ
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

More tyres and rotation in car.. 18 wheeler! :D
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

New steering. (More realistic, slow steering response when steering)
New damage, spinning out in corners, Better drifting (Car is on slide and you are steering in the other way) and drifting gamemode. :flip:
...... ಠ_ಠ
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Sutinen wrote:New steering. (More realistic, slow steering response when steering)
New damage, spinning out in corners, Better drifting (Car is on slide and you are steering in the other way) and drifting gamemode. :flip:
Adjust the balance for steering speed. Also, drift physics are made easy in the present moment :bg: See my NATO Delta :D
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

The Great Falcon wrote:
Sutinen wrote:New steering. (More realistic, slow steering response when steering)
Adjust the balance for steering speed. Also, drift physics are made easy in the present moment :bg: See my NATO Delta :D
I mean in real life like D1GP you get points from entry speed, angle, speed and exit speed (of the corner). If you drift in real life you would spin out with the current generally physics.
And the balance, if you steer from left side to right side, the car doesnt just steer like that, it has slower response. :king:
...... ಠ_ಠ
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Sutinen wrote:
The Great Falcon wrote:
I mean in real life like D1GP you get points from entry speed, angle, speed and exit speed (of the corner). If you drift in real life you would spin out with the current generally physics.
And the balance, if you steer from left side to right side, the car doesnt just steer like that, it has slower response. :king:
As I said, adjust the Balance :bg: And the GR physics are OK when you respect some realistic physics...
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

You need to do more than simply adjust cornering balance.

Grip is a major factor in drifting, as well.

It is very difficult (impossible?) to make a car fully spin out on tarmac and still be fully playable, but with a very low grip (less than 1), it is possible to overdo the oversteer and be slowed down greatly.

I guess this needs a lot more experimenting however, try it.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Haruna Say wrote:You need to do more than simply adjust cornering balance.

Grip is a major factor in drifting, as well.

It is very difficult (impossible?) to make a car fully spin out on tarmac and still be fully playable, but with a very low grip (less than 1), it is possible to overdo the oversteer and be slowed down greatly.

I guess this needs a lot more experimenting however, try it.
Actually, if you try my realistic top secret S15, it has the realistic handling feel, but it can spin out in corners only if you fail the braking (If you brake when entered the corner, the game automatically switches to reverse gear.(SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH)).
...... ಠ_ಠ
Ed_Mozart

Post by Ed_Mozart »

I think this: everybody in this place wants a new version and have good ideas like 32-bit bitmap tracks, new objects, more polys or unlimited polys on the cars, a new menu... so if the man of that source code don't want a new version, give to us! we only need people who knows C++ (is that the language of GR?)
Waiting the Gran Turismo GR!!! Green Ray cars with me xD
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Ed_Mozart wrote:I think this: everybody in this place wants a new version and have good ideas like 32-bit bitmap tracks, new objects, more polys or unlimited polys on the cars, a new menu... so if the man of that source code don't want a new version, give to us! we only need people who knows C++ (is that the language of GR?)
And how to use OpenGL, SDL, sockets on windows, Linus and MAC we're in buiseness... Seriously... :shake3: