How did you decide your race colours?

General discussion about your experience with the game.
NicolasP

How did you decide your race colours?

Post by NicolasP »

Hi, in this topic i can ask you guys, how did you decide your race colours? :misch:
RobertRacer

Re: How did you decide your race colours?

Post by RobertRacer »

Cyanblue/Yellow (000-255-255/255-255-000) are my favorite colors. :p
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

RobertRacer99 wrote:Cyanblue/Yellow (000-255-255/255-255-000) are my favorite colors. :p
If you can say the reason of your race colours, or only like this colours?
Areen

Post by Areen »

Red and white - from our Polish flag.
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Areen wrote:Red and white - from our Polish flag.
Very nice colours too. :bg:
The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

Generally, I use purple and red (my favorite colours), but I don't mix them. I go with purple and white, red and teal, black and purple, orange and red, and so on.
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
puttz

Post by puttz »

Mine are, of course, Purple and Orange. This comes from a toy car I had when I was little, it was purple and orange. And the team I pretended it raced for was Volcano Motorsports. So, that is the story of both my colors and team name.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

puttz wrote:Mine are, of course, Purple and Orange. This comes from a toy car I had when I was little, it was purple and orange. And the team I pretended it raced for was Volcano Motorsports. So, that is the story of both my colors and team name.
Well, i always related your race colours with the Dunkin' Donuts logo. :p
puttz

Post by puttz »

haha, nope, has nothing to do with Dunkin' Donuts. I don't even really care for their donuts :P
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

I use black and red, which are the colors used by the Razgriz Air Command Squadron.
(That is also where the name "Razgriz Racing" comes from)
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

My current colors are the same as Touhou boss character Yuyuko Saigyouji, a ghost princess who wears sky blue and pink.
http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/thumb/0 ... Yuyuko.png

I previously ran black and pink, influenced by the first Idolmaster games' costumes; in particular, one called "Gothic Princess":
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/pics/figure/b ... 1298744350
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Haruna, those are very cool colors. :D I've used variations of sky blue and violet for years and years. I started with more pink and clearer blue (see cars section at my web site for an earlier scheme) and I often change the tones a bit from compo to compo but this is where I currently am. I just like the colors, the color combination, and the fact that nobody uses similar colors - until now, it seems. :rofl:

Btw, I actually started with Brazilian colors but changed to the current colors maybe 10 or 11 years ago.

Np2003, what are your colors?
Attachments
colors.gif
colors.gif (801 Bytes) Viewed 7764 times
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

TuomoH wrote:Np2003, what are your colors?
Well, when i start to play GR in May 2013 i raced with Rosso corsa and White because i am a Ferrari F1 fan :D , i use this colours until my first compo, GeneRally Hotlap League i start to use the Black and Rosso corsa, and now i'm using 4 varations of colours:
1st variation: Black and Rosso corsa (000-000-000) (204-000-000)
2nd variation: Red and dark blue, 2 of the 3 colours of the flag of Chile (220-036-031) (000-053-173)
3rd variation: Colours of the Dragon Ball character Goku, orange and blue (255-146-000) (000-062-148)
4th variation: The colours of my official sponsor for undefined time: Metrópolis Intercom, a disbanded telecomunications brand since 2005, blue and green (000-047-171) (000-167-081)
Attachments
shot0004.PNG
shot0004.PNG (3.23 KiB) Viewed 7751 times
shot0006.PNG
shot0006.PNG (5.09 KiB) Viewed 7751 times
shot0007.PNG
shot0007.PNG (2.05 KiB) Viewed 7751 times
shot0005.PNG
shot0005.PNG (2.13 KiB) Viewed 7751 times
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

My favourite colors were red and black (because of this). Later, I added blue color so I had in almost every racing game red-blue-black car colors and I didn't want to change it.

But because I saw that my favourite colors are the same as Marussia Virgin in F1 and I really wanted to have my "own" colors, I decided to change it for white and dark green (0-96-0) - in the flag of Poland there is white and red but I don't like too much red so I decided to swap it with my favourite, dark green.

And it was also the birth of my team - Lambda Motosports.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

My colors of green and silver (0-160-0, 192-192-192) come from the very old days, when we've decided with my friend to imitate f1 teams for the original Formula. When brewing some paints, I've began to use Jaguar's livery. Later that was a bit refined and based on that, I've created (that already on RSC) the team Herbal Racing, and my colors, too.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

The first time I race here, I was tinkering with combinations of red and white. I chose those colors because of my nationality: Indonesia, so I don't think further explanation is needed since I was racing under different team names with various names.

Fast forward to mid-2012 where I re-branded my RendyTUNED site as [R]GARAGE. If you haven't know what RendyTUNED is, it's mainly a site comprising of my game stuffs, mostly Turbo Sliders, but there existed GeneRally creations too. Growing up as an art-conscious person since my first day of college, I decided to use [R]GARAGE's theme colors: dark grey and red, though in some cases white is also used. Team [R]GARAGE finally began its operations in GR Touring Car World Cup, carrying mentioned colors as not only mine but also its own brand.

I have plans to rebrand [R]GARAGE as a whole, yet I won't change my GR colors as it's now already my ID.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Rendy wrote:The first time I race here, I was tinkering with combinations of red and white. I chose those colors because of my nationality: Indonesia, so I don't think further explanation is needed since I was racing under different team names with various names.

Fast forward to mid-2012 where I re-branded my RendyTUNED site as [R]GARAGE. If you haven't know what RendyTUNED is, it's mainly a site comprising of my game stuffs, mostly Turbo Sliders, but there existed GeneRally creations too. Growing up as an art-conscious person since my first day of college, I decided to use [R]GARAGE's theme colors: dark grey and red, though in some cases white is also used. Team [R]GARAGE finally began its operations in GR Touring Car World Cup, carrying mentioned colors as not only mine but also its own brand.

I have plans to rebrand [R]GARAGE as a whole, yet I won't change my GR colors as it's now already my ID.
Well, maybe now the Dark gray and red are your new trademark :D , please not change your team name :shy: , are very cool. :cool2:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

My favourite color is blue. And I simply really.liked combination of Slighly Dark and really Dark Blue. (050-075-100/100-150-200)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

FRUKIScze wrote:My favourite color is blue. And I simply really.liked combination of Slighly Dark and really Dark Blue. (050-075-100/100-150-200)
I like too this colours, very nice. :bg: