GeneRally v1.10 - DISCUSSION

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: GeneRally v1.10 - DISCUSSION

Post by Lukeno94 »

I was always happy enough knowing it was being worked on - I'd rather have that and no fixed release dates, than have fixed dates that were constantly missed. ;)
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

Lukeno94 wrote:I'd rather have that and no fixed release dates, than have fixed dates that were constantly missed. ;)
Our point exactly :) Obviously, we have some internal "goals" we'd like to meet, but they don't translate directly as "target dates" or anything like that.
jefcam

Post by jefcam »

thanks James for your reply! keep up the good work.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Just a thought - in the future there could be some cross-platform ports, like a Mac OS X version, and a Linux version? Although the current programming might make that a bit trickier.
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

Lukeno94 wrote:Just a thought - in the future there could be some cross-platform ports, like a Mac OS X version, and a Linux version? Although the current programming might make that a bit trickier.
Possible, but not likely. GR currently runs fine under Darwine and Wine (have tested both myself), so it's not really a priority issue.
mathee

Post by mathee »

I know i already said this some years ago ( :D ), i always loved the simplistic race strategy approach of generally caused by fuel consumption and tyre wear. however, i always dreamed of extending this by having dynamic weather (rain etc.) and therefore two different tyre types, wet and dry.
(just thinking: choice of tyre could be swichted by pressing one single button when on the grid before the start, or during the race to choose tyre selection for next pit stop)
i wonder if the routine that fills the track with skidmarks during the race can be somehow translated into a drying racing line to make things awesome. furthermore, the necessary graphics effects seem to be already there since the spray could look similar to tyre smoke.

Just dreaming guys :bsmile:
(btw. i assume that this has been discussed somehow and somewhere in the recent years, its been a while since i was around in the forums)
jefcam

Post by jefcam »

It's been a while since my last post regarding the progress of generally.

James, maybe you can give us some freash news updates, if any.

Any christmas present :bg:
cocney

Post by cocney »

mathee wrote:I know i already said this some years ago ( :D ), i always loved the simplistic race strategy approach of generally caused by fuel consumption and tyre wear. however, i always dreamed of extending this by having dynamic weather (rain etc.) and therefore two different tyre types, wet and dry.
(just thinking: choice of tyre could be swichted by pressing one single button when on the grid before the start, or during the race to choose tyre selection for next pit stop)
It won't be so simple and funny then.

I hate when Generally doesn't start my track without checkpoints. Sometimes they start but in 1/10 cases doesn't run. Can i fix it or it is like this and can't changes?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Areen

Post by Areen »

Put in random place 2 checkpoints, AI Line, Pit Line and Pits near it.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Areen wrote:Put in random place 2 checkpoints, AI Line, Pit Line and Pits near it.
From my experience you don't need even that - I usually hide just one checkpoint under a building and everything works like a charm.
cocney

Post by cocney »

I place checkpoints but I was just interesting.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Glen

Post by Glen »

I don't know where to write it, but I discovered today than when you jump over a stand and land on tarmac, you are skidind blood and you have as grip as with oil! And when you drive against a wall, a become's red
V.Mendonca(VITORFM)

Post by V.Mendonca(VITORFM) »

Hello.

Since 2006 i play that game... and of course i stopped 1 year ago...

I don't know why that organization still here(nothing against herbal or ivo) but i mean the person who are behind the scenes developing that game...

My simple question is... What you need to develop that game how like the fans want? i see the main page of the game with same information about donations or for wait.... and bla bla bla.... WTF! i cannot more wait for it.... this cause a annoy feelings with all fans here..

James or Markku, why this mysterious with dates?

Its not more easy you guys put some dates for all be informed when this happen or not...

i am too disapoint with all that organizations and nothing change... for god..

Please, update the main page... ask for donations or something... but develop this game more quickly u can..

regards

Vítor
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

V.Mendonca(VITORFM) wrote:but develop this game more quickly u can..
They develop the game as fast as they can. You have to realize they have lives outside of GeneRally too and do this for hobby.

After 8 years between 1.05 and 1.10 I don't understand why people can be so unpatient now. :shrug:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Because people are a$$es :rofl: Give them something and they'll always want something more xD
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Watch your language, Luke. :really:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

That form of spelling is what you would call a donkey, so there's nothing wrong with it. ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Of course wrong it is, you're not here to insult other people for their opinions, so chill out a bit.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I wasn't insulting anyone in particular, it was a general joke... -.-"
V.Mendonca(VITORFM)

Post by V.Mendonca(VITORFM) »

Luke,

Why u called me donkey? You still fool man? you never will grow up!

lets back to the topic...

Then, best way is for give the codes for somebody who have a commited with that game. Right?
resir014

Post by resir014 »

But James and Markku are both committed GR fans, and the Rabinas already put trust to both of them with the source code, so why give it to someone else?

At least they already took a step forward with the release of GR 1.10, of course version 1.2 is coming, but why do we have to be like "WEHN CAN NEXT VERSION!!1" "We need moar updates!" etc. We've waited 8 years between 1.05 and 1.10.

EIGHT.

GeneRally is not one of those games in which updates come in scheduled dates. With that way, developers will be on pressure to implement that new content into the game within the target date, leading into bugs if they didn't do it properly.

I don't mind with James kept saying "it's ready when it's ready", atleast we still have our beloved GeneRally thanks to the community that tried to keep it alive. They just want that things needed to be done in the cleanest way possible so when 1.2 comes out, you'll have a more perfect GR experience than what it is now.
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Vitor, did I not just explain that I did not call anyone in particular a donkey? -.-"

And I am completely with resir014 on this.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

If GR went open source I think I'd stop playing because it would just become a mess.

There is nothing wrong with GR as it is, you say you left because you didn't like the game anymore so why come back demanding changes, that is stupid. If you don't like GR go and play another game, don't demand that GR change for you!!!
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
eMeR

Post by eMeR »

resir014 wrote: At least they already took a step forward with the release of GR 1.10, of course version 1.2 is coming, but why do we have to be like "WEHN CAN NEXT VERSION!!1" "We need moar updates!" etc. We've waited 8 years between 1.05 and 1.10.
Yes, it was 8 years waiting but we don't know that they was making new version. Now we know it so people can't wait.
Sorry for my bad English!
If you want something, you must work hard!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Vítor has a point at least in relation to the website (and I also notice his expressed will to donate, no matter how critical he otherwise is, that deserves a :up: ). It'd be most advantageous, if something like this would be finally possible, when people still want to support the game's development by this way. But I'm aware, that James perfectly knows it without any either my or others hint, so I'm sure he works as hard as possible on the website things along the game itself (and the switch of domain of this forum not long ago its clear sign, that James isn't sleeping). I can just hope, that he'll manage to reach his goals in this matter soon.