GeneRally v1.10 - DISCUSSION

General discussion about your experience with the game.
The MNZ

Re: GeneRally v1.10 - DISCUSSION

Post by The MNZ »

I have an idea: What about the community of GR vote on a classic track(like Mercury City) to be included on the new version? But without masterpieces like Osterreichring or LMap art like Chilly Peak, they should be the VIP content of be a GR comunity member(freely)
nikolaim20

Post by nikolaim20 »

I have problem,why when i try to run the game Generally v1.10b it says : "The program can's start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer" ? Anyone can help :)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Tip: Read the readme.exe of course I mean readme.txt ;) :roll:
Last edited by XYY on Mon May 09, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

XYY wrote:Tip: Read the readme.exe ;) :roll:
Readme.exe: more praticity on your readme :rofl:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

:doh: But they both have an x in the middle, and two of the same characters before and after the x :cool2:
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

James Burgess wrote:
2.- Will be there any chance of implement the car number on track?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, sorry :shy:
Hi again, sorry, possibly my wrong english... I was asking if do you think it will be possible to have more than 6 cars in the game in future versions of the game once the development increase.

Thanks!
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

Black Rebel wrote:
James Burgess wrote:Hi again, sorry, possibly my wrong english... I was asking if do you think it will be possible to have more than 6 cars in the game in future versions of the game once the development increase.
Technically we could increase the number of cars (lots of code rewriting needed, though, to make it work 'as expected') - but as to whether we're likely to do it... who knows. If I was forced to say "yes" or "no", I'd say "no".
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

OK James, thanks for the answer.

IMO that would be really cool to incresae the car number up to a number between 8 or 12... but that is just my opinnion aswell. ;)
Alex

Post by Alex »

It would mess up the 20000+ tracks that have been made for this game though because they were only designed for 6 cars.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I´m not sure if that's bug or feature or just something :D. Do you also have tracks listed by some random order? I mean, I used to have tracks and trackfolders listed by alphabet in 1.05 but now in 1.10 it's whole mess. How can I solve that? Thanks. :)
Paw

Post by Paw »

Well, the new tracks could use more starting positions, while when user would try to launch old track with 6 starts with, say, 10 cars, there could be some warning message. Or, as I wrote way back, some automatic system, which would add these missing positions by the pattern used on the 1->2 and 2->3 positions, but this would fail in many cases, as not on every track there's place behind starting grid.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Dan Hakulín wrote:I used to have tracks and trackfolders listed by alphabet in 1.05 but now in 1.10 it's whole mess. How can I solve that? Thanks. :)
Same happened to me. Just learn to live with it. ;)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

It's not a big deal, just it makes it slightly complicated when you are looking into archive with few thousands of tracks :D. But If I could have a request for next version :).
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Paw wrote:Well, the new tracks could use more starting positions, while when user would try to launch old track with 6 starts with, say, 10 cars, there could be some warning message. Or, as I wrote way back, some automatic system, which would add these missing positions by the pattern used on the 1->2 and 2->3 positions, but this would fail in many cases, as not on every track there's place behind starting grid.
Exactly, and even with that user should be always able to choice how many cars he wants on track. Apart of it I am sure AI´s could be set up perfectly to adjust theur strategy to the available pit slots. As an example I am quite sure 99% of the real world circuits could fit up to 12 cars world size 255. The problem should appear with other kind of tracks maybe... ¿?
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

Dan Hakulín wrote:It's not a big deal, just it makes it slightly complicated when you are looking into archive with few thousands of tracks :D. But If I could have a request for next version :).
It'll be fixed for the next version :) It's right near the top of our 'to do' list!
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Another idea: A way to convert replays to .avi or cuttesd videos to .gif
EDIT: lloks like i posted on wrong thread... :doh:
a1b23

Post by a1b23 »

im trying to figure out if installed the game properly and i cant figure which version im using in game. (when i installed the new version in only replaced files that were different than before) is there a way to check which version it is in game?
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

a1b23 wrote:im trying to figure out if installed the game properly and i cant figure which version im using in game. (when i installed the new version in only replaced files that were different than before) is there a way to check which version it is in game?
Push F1 in the main menu. :)
pippo917

Post by pippo917 »

i had almost lost the hope for a new version of generally.

the 1.10 is a beautiful news.

ps. sorry for my bad english
Thunderace

Post by Thunderace »

I ve been waiting ages for a new version, excellent work guys, its just as it should be. The people are a great idea!

I can feel some track updates coming on :)

THANX
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Several months later... Anything moved from 1.10c? Actually the updates were almost just bugfixes and therefor no gameplay appeal was added. I did lost envy to play because of that so my question is, Are there any useful updates coming out soon?
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

You played for years with 1.05, why is such a relatively short period of time bugging you so much? :rofl:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Lukeno94 wrote:You played for years with 1.05, why is such a relatively short period of time bugging you so much? :rofl:
Sure ;P As the relatively short period of time that Minecraft Beta is is on version 1.7.3 is bugging me... There's been ages (3 months) since it has moved. As GeneRally actually... There's been 4 months already since 1.10c and I think that's quite long! :P Considering the updates that were brought up... I just expect that all this waiting will be worth a greater update. ;)
jefcam

Post by jefcam »

Would like some game update from someone who actually is working on the new updates - like james maybe.

In the past we've always talked of having generally in having more than 6 cars on track and maybe the chance of having online/network racing.

Any information about these two implementations?

jef
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

jefcam wrote:Would like some game update from someone who actually is working on the new updates - like james maybe.
We're still hard at work, don't worry :bg: The features/changes we've made, though, we're going to keep to ourselves (for the time being at least). We're certain that you'll all enjoy what we've included, though.

And before anyone asks: no, we don't have a release date/time-frame yet :P