Räbinä Awards 2010 - The Gala Thread

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Areen

Re: Räbinä Awards 2010 - The Gala Thread

Post by Areen »

Congratz XYY ;]
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Thanks to all who voted for GRMFED :). I´m really pleased by being awarded, it brings new motivation and also it´s greatest award compo organizer can recive. I know in last rounds of competitions organized by me everything wasn´t as smooth as it could be but I´ll do my best.

Special thanks to Ivo. Thanks for all your patience with me and all that effort you gave to compos. :drink:
I´d like to say thanks to all who gave me their votes in trackmaker election. Isn´t it somehow funny that I gave vote to egamad and he gave vote to me? :D He is influencing and inspiring me and he said I do the same. Man we are going in circles. :hammer:
Congrats to XYY :bg:. I´m sorry for saying that you are not good choice for mod :hide: you´ve proved me wrong. (and gave us cool tracks and cars too)

Can´t wait to see winners of other categories :trampo:
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Oh, neihter one vote?
But the nomination is a big honour youself and i don't expect another winner than XYY.
And conrgrats to Ivo/Dan because he beated Madd Dogg , VCoSA and GRF1.
MD

Post by MD »

Huh! I missed the nomination and the elections. So I'd like to comment the GALA at least to show how important the Räbinä Awards are for me. And how important :gr: for me.

So all the awards what have already found their owners found their very best places at the same time.

Firstly Ms.. just make really stunning cars. I rather know him as a trackmaker and I only downloaded his cars a few times but I was absolutely impressed. (Anyways, I could say more about Herbal and Fechna - I better know their work :lol: )

In the case of the carmakers I'm really happy with Maciej1 in two different aspects. Firstly, as an organizer and an [rwl]-fan, I drove the most laps on Maciej's tracks - they are usually beautyful and so Real Life Like. And just to continue the first: secondly IMHO his work is the best carrying-on of the amazing work of Gábor Kozma. And I am so pleased about that as a Hungarian :hattip: (And I hope, somedays, I'll can leave a similar comment for mizzamar and his enthralling artwork too :P )

The organizers award, I think, has landed on very-very best place. GRMFED is such a "company" what has formed for organizing competitions on a professional way. And it works! What is more their compos have the best multipliers. They really do look after the most important competitions (just to quote mizzamar).
On the other hand it felt so good when I saw my name in the list of the nominated members and now I feel myself in the Heavens with two votes (thanks for that, guys :) ). But I still see myself as a rookie and to be honest my two votes are plus one vote for Buka and another one for the GRMFED. I'm still learning from them; I can thank the most for them :bg:

And last but not the least we know the results of the rookie category too. XYY as a moderator, came up from Germany, went through on a year with full of experiences, I'm sure. What is more he is going after new and new experiences (I mean for example he just started his racer career and I'm sure that he will try everything he can in the community).
(But don't forget about the rarely seen enthusiasm of JWong - he will be a precious member of GRIF in the following years too :scratch: ).
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

My girlfriend said to me, "Play one more game of GeneRally and I'm moving out."

I told her, "Give me five minutes and I'll help you pack your bags."

What can I say about this award? What would this community be without it's commentators? We would just have a load of tracks and cars just sitting alone with no one to love them, this would just be tragic. Without them we would not have a community, so thank you to eveyone who has ever commented on a track, car or anything else on our wonderful forum (give yourself a small round of applause)
Nominees for Commentator of the Year 2010:

1nsane, bduddy, Bouncebackability, Buka, Dan Hakulín, Darjo, Trigger Happy, LongBow, Lukeno94, mizzamar, Mr.J, XYY.
And the Golden Räbinäs go to...
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

:roflmao:
You are 1nsane, Martyn.
And thanks to the winner:
I don't seened at the moment, so next year i put here
EDIT: I noticed than the file hasn't the votes.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Martyn wrote:My girlfriend said to me, "Play one more game of GeneRally and I'm moving out."

I told her, "Give me five minutes and I'll help you pack your bags."
I hope, that e.g. Soltys will notice it and take it as example, if necessary. GR simply the numero uno. :roflmao:

@ Manzur: you're right. I hope, that Buka will fix it soon, i cannot wait to see them too. :yummy:
Buka

Post by Buka »

Ivo Porč wrote:I hope, that Buka will fix it soon.
Fixed. Sorry. :?
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

*commercial break*

You always see Grid Girls as only an eye-candy.

However, have you realized yet that those grid girls have their own stories to tell?

Delve deep to the world of the grid girls' life as they will pass through the times of love, lust, breakups, tantrums, catfights, and many more as one girl will struggle her way to be the new "Queen B of grid girls".

GRID GIRL... The new television series, where grid girls are just like the ones in... Gossip Girl. Seriously?

Coming soon on GENESIS CHANNEL - Your ultimate stop for entertainment!

*commercial ends*
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
resir014

Post by resir014 »

@Madd Dogg: I also thought that both of us should be nominated as MRF. :lol:
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Buka

Post by Buka »

resir014 wrote:@Madd Dogg: I also thought that both of us should be nominated as MRF. :lol:
I doubt that. Madd Dogg was nominated for VCoSA and not for gr.f1 which is 2011 competition.
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Buka wrote:
resir014 wrote:@Madd Dogg: I also thought that both of us should be nominated as MRF. :lol:
I doubt that. Madd Dogg was nominated for VCoSA and not for gr.f1 which is 2011 competition.
I see, fair point. :lol:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The honorary awards are kinda specific - no voting is here, because they are dedicated to another reason - to lighten pioneer efforts or achievements, which not necessary always look very spectacular on first view, but their value is undoubted and remarkable. This times we decided to present 2 honorary awards

In first case we decided to award the pioneer. His unusual and patient effort were finally realized to a shaped product, long expected and warmly accepted by us all. He tried and still tries to push the GeneRally by opening new dimensions of experience by placing it in the a wider context. Even if he haven't succeed yet (we still wait on promised fixes) I hope, that this brave and visionary project will give is very much joy in next years. And I wish him good luck.

Second case is great example of the second case. The award goes to guy, who worked hard somehow in background on so much things for us with exceptional dedication just benefit of us all. If I'll mention his helping giving birth and keeping alive the Car of the Month idea, creating already operational beta version of Trackdatabase, which many talked about for years without any result, creation of alternative homepage with amount of information nowhere equal and even disinterestedly helping keeping this forum alive, I don't need to say more.

Congratulations, guys, and thank you. :bg:

P.S.: Jo.sk may post the Racer award whenever he'll find a free time for it. :up:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Couldn't agree more, congratulations to both! :)
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Lukeno94 wrote:Couldn't agree more, congratulations to both! :)
:iagree:
* commercial break *

Make you tracks more beautiful, more appealing to others. Make them shine or make them like they came from another planet.

Its time you visit the best GeneRally cosmetics shop :shock: :flip:

* end of commercial *
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

:roflmao:
GeneRally needs touches also!
PS: You could post the Pogril palette, i solve to don't update it.
Buka

Post by Buka »

And now it's time for another Honorary Award - In memoriam - an award for those members of our small but strong community who aren't active anymore but who has made great contribution into the game.

This year the award goes to the guy whose posts I never saw but whose creations most of us use almost every day. Thanks to him we have thousands of cars and can manage GR competitions without extra efforts (which is especially important for me :P ). So he's the author of Car Editor, Options tool, Track Tool and SaveGame Reader. Do I need more to say? Nope.

LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Maybe if we are lucky, he will come back one day, like did the last year awarded "In memoriam" guy :roll:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

And if we're really, really lucky, he might update his tools with some bugfixes done! :D Very valid award.
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

Welcome everyone!

I am proud to present you the next award of the Gala - the Memeber of the Year! It makes me really happy that the committe chose me for this noble task!

The reason, my friends, that we know each other and meet here day by day, is our affection towards the best game in the world, GeneRally. We might be separated by time zones, natural disaters or age difference, but we have got something in common: we can see behind the 40 polygons and see what ordinary gamers cannot - the vast field of fun and possibilities.

Because of this, we are special.

And we are special, because we like this game so much that it's a part of our lives, our daily routines. We are ready to devote our free time to it, and every minute we spend is an ode written to GeneRally. Every repainted polygon, every lmap buidling drawn, every track tested, every replay merged is an offering upon the altar in the temple of GeneRally. And yes, thread bumping and DNF races are also accepted.

My point is: whatever you do here, you do it very well. You form this community with your participation and creativity. You help the game to reach such heights even its creators couldn't dream of. You make this place a refuge, where the knights of GeneRally can put their troll-slaying sword down. Thank you for that! You keep GeneRally alive!

Our special community, this group of fine gentlemen have made a decision. They have selected someone among themselves, someone who deserves praise more than anyone else. Someone, whose presence had the greatest effect on the community, who devoted the most to the game in 2010, who worked a lot to keep it all together - the Community Member of the Year.

Let's see who the winner is!
Nominees for Member of the Year 2010:

AleksiNir, Alonsomania, Bouncebackability, Buka, Crono, Dan Hakulín, Herbal, Ivo Porè, JWong, LongBow, Martyn, Ms..., The lost Ninja.
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Congrats to BBA for defeat Ivo.And to everyone who noticed the lie.
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Lukeno94 wrote:And if we're really, really lucky, he might update his tools with some bugfixes done! :D Very valid award.
And don't forget v1.10 support. :D
Alonsomania

Post by Alonsomania »

Wow, i'm stunned. I really don't know what to say, but for sure I am quite proud about this!
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Both thumbs up for Ivo :up: :up: for doing this great job. Keep it up... cheerleader:
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

Thank you very much, I'm very happy!! :goodvibes:
Congratulations to all award winners. :bg: