Generally for Android port

General discussion about your experience with the game.
tlxxxsracer

Generally for Android port

Post by tlxxxsracer »

With Android phones being more and more popular and powerful- dual core processors, and HTC Evo 4g, Droid X, etc.. I think it would be absolutely amazing to get a port of this game to a smartphone device.
I believe it would be a huge hit, even charging .99$ for the game would be reasonable.
Though I have no programming experience, not too sure how difficult this may be. The screens have the resolution and certainly have the 3D capability to run GR.

Please, if someone wants to start on this, I will do everything possible to help- testing ( i have an EVO 4g).
Would love to get your input on this.
Paw

Re: Generally for Android port

Post by Paw »

Well, this, though different system, applies here.
tlxxxsracer

Post by tlxxxsracer »

If Im able to somehow get in contact with the developers of the game.. I can possibly find programmers/coders in the Android rooting/hacking program scene and see if we can start a project?

There are similar games for Android that have the similar over head style racing (pocket racing, forbidden brakes).

Ive posted my idea here on a large Android forum. Many developers there, im sure if the right people get in contact- it could be done
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... st12600202
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

tlxxxsracer wrote:If Im able to somehow get in contact with the developers of the game..
Hi ;)

At the moment we're not looking to, nor are we interested in, porting GeneRally to other platforms. We do have a number of plans for GR's future but if and when those plans come to fruition, they will be done within the context of our own 'development team' not with third-party/community assistance. This is partly because we want to keep development tight and well coordinated... and partly due to the goals/ambitions/constraints we set out for the game when we took over its development from the original developers (who are no longer an active part of the project).

Thanks for your interest, though :bg:
tlxxxsracer

Post by tlxxxsracer »

okay, :) No problem! Thanks for the reply and I completely understand your desire to keep it within yourselves.
I used to play this years back every day with my brother, and suddenly now wondered about this game and all. :) thats all, not wanting to cause harm. Game is still addicting as I remembered it.

HEHE, using a racing wheel to drive. LOL!
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

tlxxxsracer wrote:I completely understand your desire to keep it within yourselves.
Well, in this case, it's also part of honouring our agreement with the original authors :) We're 'open' to new platform ideas, but we have to work within the confines of what we have (technically and theoretically).
thats all, not wanting to cause harm.
Ideas honestly presented never hurt anyone. :bg:
Alex

Post by Alex »

It would sound to be a good idea, but maybe with a few community cars and tracks from people such as Jerrec, Paw and MdP. If it ever does go ahead, i could possibly see it ending up on mobile systems and even available as a downloadable game for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

I have a Android, just put ads to it and you can make a free one :p
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ