What to do after RSC death?

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: What to do after RSC death?

Post by Trigger Happy »

Because the new RSC is still buggy and because we don't know if the community wants to go to the new RSC. I'm far away to say go back btw, because it's new project with bought old name IMHO.
Buka

Post by Buka »

BTW, interesting post there:
Jonathan from Simraceway here, thanks for your post and happy to answer any questions you have on the Gene rally forum or on RaceSimCentral right here in this forum, or if you'd prefer on my email - jh@simraceway.com. Let me know.

Also we're looking for forum moderators and admins, would you or one of your GR-community colleagues be up for doing that for the RaceSimCentral Gene Rally Forum?

Also we're happy to pay for any hosting or recovery work to restore files or data to RSC and as stated at the get go we have no commercial ambitions for racesimcentral .
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Buka wrote:BTW, interesting post there:
Jonathan from Simraceway here, thanks for your post and happy to answer any questions you have on the Gene rally forum or on RaceSimCentral right here in this forum, or if you'd prefer on my email - jh@simraceway.com. Let me know.

Also we're looking for forum moderators and admins, would you or one of your GR-community colleagues be up for doing that for the RaceSimCentral Gene Rally Forum?

Also we're happy to pay for any hosting or recovery work to restore files or data to RSC and as stated at the get go we have no commercial ambitions for racesimcentral .
This sounds more than interesting... Although... no, I want to remain here ^^.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I cannot mod more forums than now. And I'm not sure if the project will survive as I haven't seen any huge happiness at nogripracing.com or srmz.com, especially GPL comunity doesn't seems to go back (IMHO most important community at old RSC with rFactor). Have someone more info and opinions about plans of other communities?
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I think we should just stay here until GR gets new official site (if there will ever be one), or a big international fan site :2c:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I'd say stick here. This seems to be a stable place now, and we don't need to dig through dozens of sub forums just get to our area.
Seeing also the fact that everything would be unorganized at that place and would propably remain as unorganized since the main peeps wouldn't care about that area anyways.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Doorslammer
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Doorslammer »

:rsc: is now a total basket case. Here is our home, I daresay, permanently.
Maxaxle

Post by Maxaxle »

I think we should put a link on the old RSC forum leading here, and say that we are no longer there, and are not dead.

God, this feels like War of the Servers. (NOT WAR OF THE WORLDS)
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Doorslammer wrote::rsc: is now a total basket case. Here is our home, I daresay, permanently.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Please people, don't be attracted by the dark side of the GR force :force: :force: :force: :ugeek:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

My personal opinion as member of community: GeneRally is smaller not-sim and freeware game, if the ''new :rsc:'' should live, it needs some strong groups of users in several important sims and only GR community is not the key for its future. Unless the forum will show, that can live = the forum fulfills its major purpose (working place for several sim communities), the smallers like we, GR, cannot and shouldn't think about anything, I believe. It would be mistake to spend power and time on effort, which can be useless - success of ''new RSC'' project not depends on interest in GeneRally, but other games, so the work could be lost with failing of success in above-mentioned point resulting in its closing no matter on will, size and activity of our community. Now the forum is ghost town, major part of games has no threads in their forums, several of them have one or two (but with general themes, very few new addons, tools, leagues or something like it) and maybe only rFactor have more activity (it's not surprise).

BTW a point about that forum - if you are registered at forums of rfactorcentral.com or simraceway.com, you don't need to register, because the database of ''new RSC'' is pure clone of databases of above mentioned places focused on rFactor (of course done without prior contest of users to copy their personal info from one database to another).
Sutinen

RSC IS BACK 2010! This is not a joke!

Post by Sutinen »

Look what I've found guys,
ITS :rsc:
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
thegreatfalcon

Re: RSC IS BACK 2010! This is not a joke!

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Sutinenn wrote:Look what I've found guys,
ITS :rsc:
As I said on that crap, It suck!!! Here is GR's home for now on!!!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Topics merged to prevent duplicities.

BTW to TGF: what you did in RSC is very impolite and it is even not useful for this forum. Please, next time refrain from similar negative ''advertisements''. :down:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Ivo Porc wrote:BTW to TGF: what you did in RSC is very impolite and it is even not useful for this forum. Please, next time refrain from similar negative ''advertisements''. :down:
Well, whatever it was, it's not there anymore...

For my part, I'm happy staying here, at least until we know where the new official site will be. Too bad the death of the original RSC splitted the community to some extent...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for news, Tuomo. There was by big red letters ''RSC sucks!!!..(many)..!!'' and then ''Everyone go to http://www.gene-rally.com''. I don't know if it was touch of mod or tgf himself, anyway it's good, that it's away. :)
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Ivo Porc wrote:I don't know if it was touch of mod or tgf himself, anyway it's good, that it's away. :)
Nope, it wasn't me...
Last edited by thegreatfalcon on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paw

Post by Paw »

Well, the worst thing which can happen now is tearing up our not so big community. If we're moving - we should all move, if we're staying - the same. At this point the best option is wait and look how RSC is being developed. Also, I've read Ivo's posts there, and I agree with him, moving there would be risky.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

And why should we move there?
the host wasn't reliable, was it?
James
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by James »

Would just like to clear up something - RSC is no longer owned, maintained or staffed by any of its former staff members (myself included) - and the sale of the domain name was to cover the mounting debts surrounding negotiations with the server host over the servers' disks. We figured that it may as well be sold to someone within the sim-racing community, as just to an ad-farm.

As for anything specifically GeneRally-related - Hannu & Jukka are not interested in working on, participating in, or maintaining GeneRally or the GeneRally community anymore (as many of you already know), and that baton has been passed to Rich (Nagel) and myself. Decisions regarding any 'official' GeneRally update, or forum, or similar, will be made by Rich and Myself (in consultation with each other and, if necessary, with Hannu). In due course, something will happen... but what will happen, and when it will happen, will remain a mystery for you for now.

Apologies to those who have emailed me, but I haven't replied to - my personal life has been hectic of late (planning for a wedding will do that to you), but hopefully it will ease up in the not-too-distant future.
Paw

Post by Paw »

So, I believe we should stay here. We may use the RSC GR section to advertise this forum.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

I don't like to flame anything but that's simply a joke: my account has been banned on RSC. Without any reason. Simply ridiculous. :stretcher:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
bhz

Post by bhz »

DXTR wrote:I don't like to flame anything but that's simply a joke: my account has been banned on RSC. Without any reason. Simply ridiculous. :stretcher:
When RSC was first back I was banned for no reason at all. But I got unbanned. Try emailing them requesting a reason
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Guys, my strong patience ended, Sunoco failed in his promise to create an website for the game, which should be placed under gene-rally.com domain (an alternative page to official website. So I ask, is here a skilled volunteer to do it for us, please? If yes, post here, PM or mail me, doesn't matter. We would talk details then. :)
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Ivo Porč wrote:Guys, my strong patience ended, Sunoco failed in his promise to create an website for the game, which should be placed under gene-rally.com domain (an alternative page to official website. So I ask, is here a skilled volunteer to do it for us, please? If yes, post here, PM or mail me, doesn't matter. We would talk details then. :)
If you don't want a PHP website with news and other stuff, I'll do it for tomorrow :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

A volunteer. Great! :) I'll mail you tomorr... today after I wake up with details, TGF. :bg: