What to do after RSC death?

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: What to do after RSC death?

Post by Trigger Happy »

1nsane wrote:Only baddie thing I have to say is that maybe that eye-candy picture with more than six cars should be taken away. Now it kinda fools the people that it might be possible to have more than six cars racing at the same time. And as the site is more or less for promoting the game, it's not a good idea to fool people...
Only 1 picture of this type is there.
It's explained in FAQ.
I'll add a note about it in pics comment about it (which is shown, when your mouse hover above the picture). :bg:
Buka

Post by Buka »

The site is awesome! :wow: Just I think that it needs some changes in names. The site should be gene-rally.com and forum - forum.gene-rally.com or something like that.

Crono and Ivo, you did great and very important thing for the community. Thank you very much! :clap:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Ivo Porč wrote: Only 1 picture of this type is there.
Hehe, yeah. It's just one picture but... You know some people... :roll:
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Buka wrote:Just I think that it needs some changes in names. The site should be gene-rally.com and forum - forum.gene-rally.com or something like that.
I'm glad, that you like the site, Buka. :)

I was thinking in past about the domains and I decided for current solution, because http://www.gene-rally.com would create confusion for the site (impression, that it's official game site maintained by creators/distributors of game and giving official support). Current domain is much more demonstrating, that's effort of our community.
1nsane wrote:Hehe, yeah. It's just one picture but... You know some people... :roll:
Note included. IMHO enough clear now. ;)

For easier browsing, the link to homepage was incorporated into the top-right menu of forum skin. Now you can visit it easily (one click e.g. for browsing the links). :bg:
Bez názvu.png
Bez názvu.png (4.94 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
Link to Vuvuzella Challenge updated. BTW feel free to PM me, if you miss there a cool link. Especially websites in not-English native languages are welcomed. :hattip:

BTW can somebody include the link to wiki article (I don't have wiki account) and then to add link to the GeneRally article to some wiki lists, please? E.g. there are: List of arcade games, List of racing games, List of freeware games, List of top-view games ... but noone include info about existance of GeneRally. :(
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Going back to the wallpapers, could someone please take some good closeup pictures of the General for me? My current setup+Win7 can't run GR on any higher resolution than 640x480, so I can't really get too high quality pictures myself...

The needed picture would be the 3/4 image (like you see in the image of the .exe file), and maybe some other angles if you want to take them.

The colors of the car won't matter, except that please don't use black or white, but instead a color where you can see some of the shades.
Your resolution won't really matter, but higher the better. It makes my life a bit easier.

Put a message in here and in PM. Thanks. :) (The message in here is to prevent multiple people from sending the images)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Still nobody didn't any wallpaper with some GR theme? :( Even 1nsane not? Don't hesitate, guys. :bg:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

For what do we need a wallpaper? I think I could try one but want to know why to do that anyway :mrgreen:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Simple answer: browse topic about desktops in off-topic area and count there, how much people like to have desktop with theme of their favorite game. You can bet, that much of us around would like to have one with GR theme too. But we don't have any decent to use no matter, that lot of people between us are not only talented artists, but can manage perfectly with things like Photoshop or GIMP and their features. :(
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'll try one. But this isn't a promise.
Maybe I should ask kart_fahrer or RudyOosterndyk from german forums (they manage those programs very well :roll: ) to make a wallpaper, too.
Crono has once made a wallpaper for 1024x768 res. (when this was standard :rofl: ). Here you can download it.
jefcam

Post by jefcam »

I've been a bit away from the forum for a while. If not mistaken in this thread we were discussing the chances of getting the source code of generally with the hope to have a new version of generally.

Can i have an update of what happened please. Did we manage to get the source code or all plans have died?

Thanks a lot
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

jefcam wrote:I've been a bit away from the forum for a while. If not mistaken in this thread we were discussing the chances of getting the source code of generally with the hope to have a new version of generally.

Can i have an update of what happened please. Did we manage to get the source code or all plans have died?

Thanks a lot
The latest information on this can be seen in this thread.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Ivo Porč wrote:Still nobody didn't any wallpaper with some GR theme? :( Even 1nsane not? Don't hesitate, guys. :bg:
(An answer to an ancient question since I didn't notice this back then...)
But no, I haven't done anything since no one provided the pictures I requested. It's pretty much impossible to do what I had in my mind back then if the original picture of the car is a blocky 640x480 image.