What do your AI drivers normally consist of?

General discussion about your experience with the game.

What do your AI drivers normally consist of?

Real-world professional race drivers (Sebastian Vettel, Markus Gronholm, etc.)
31%
Real-world non-racing celebrities (Justin Bieber, Charlie Sheen, etc.)
4%
Real-world friends, family, and enemies
11%
The guys from this very forum
9%
Fictional characters from live-action TV/movies, or modern books (Edward from Twilight, Dexter Morgan from Dexter, etc.)
3%
Fictional characters from old/ancient books/mythology (Zeus from Greek mythology, Ra from Egyptian myths, etc.)
1%
Fictional characters from animation/cartoons of any type (Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes, Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon, etc.)
6%
Fictional characters from video games (Hal Emmerich/Otacon from Metal Gear Solid, Captain Falcon from F-Zero, etc.)
6%
Originally made fictional characters
31%

Total votes: 163
Flaming_Wuzzle
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: What do your AI drivers normally consist of?

Post by Flaming_Wuzzle »

I've had three different periods of AI drivers.

1) Driver files from forum members. Those were lost when my computer bit the dust a while ago.

2) Default AIs plus extra colors and ones representing versions of Pokemon games

3) Current: A mix of current and historical real-world drivers, using colors I feel are representative of them yet distinct from the other drivers. I came up with this list today, in fact, so there's probably quite a few drivers and categories I'm going to add later on, but as it stands:

F1: Michael Schumacher, Ayrton Senna, Jackie Stewart, Juan Manuel Fangio, Jim Clark, Gilles Villeneuve
International rallyists: Sebastien Loeb, Marcus Gronholm, Colin McRae
U.S. Rallyists: Travis Pastrana, Tanner Foust, Ken Block
CART/Indy: Alex Zanardi, Paul Tracy, Helio Castroneves
NASCAR: Dale Earnhardt, Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, David Pearson, Bobby Allison, Darrell Waltrip
B/WTCC: Andy Priaulx, Gabriele Tarquini, Yvan Muller, Alain Menu
DTM: Bernd Schneider, Timo Scheider, Mattias Ekstrom
Sportscars: Tom Kristensen, Allan McNish, Rinaldo Capello, Jan Magnussen, Mika Salo, Johnny O'Connell

EDIT: Figured out how to have Zanardi's name display properly, thanks Trigger Happy :bg:
Last edited by Flaming_Wuzzle on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:... CART/Indy: Alex Zanardi (which I've had to rename to Sanardi because GR doesn't support capital Zs for some reason) ...
Not a game-fix on its own, but if you'll rename the drv file to Zanardi directly in Win folder, it will be OK in game (at least it does in my case while observing the Z issue otherwise like you're describing it). For more valuable help try to mention it in this thread, maybe James can do something with it (in the 1.2c he talked about hopefully). :-)
lesirro

Post by lesirro »

The competitors I had in Kart racing :D (At least one of them now is the FIA GT3 champion)
-Cross-

Post by -Cross- »

I actually have the entire F1 driver roster for 2013 and that's it. I just installed GR again after a long time and just downloaded a F1 2013 carpack and all of the tracks for the 2013 season, and that's pretty much it...
NICO1

Post by NICO1 »

I race against drivers and teams from Soltys F1's first year :D
puttz

Post by puttz »

I have a ton of different drivers, a number of fictional ones ranging from AI 70-100, all of the major NASCAR cup drivers with AI 70-100 based on actual performance, a few lower-level NASCAR drivers with varying skill, a smattering of various real life road racers (some F1, IRL, and V8 Supercar drivers) mostly in the AI 90-100 range, and several racing legends with AI 100+. And then 6 generic 100 AIs for testing purposes.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA